shape
carat
color
clarity

Dbty bracelet culet issue

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

Have not been here for v long time. Hope everyone is well.

Have 2 x 20pts oval that I intend to make into a dbty bracelet but jeweler warns about culet poking skin.

Do you think it would cause any problem?

Would wearing them in bracelet risk chipping the tip?

Would you make the bracelet with 3 or 5 stones given the current 2 are 20pts each?

Any input and suggestion is appreciated. Thank you!

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi - I certainly don't mean to question him...but I'm not sure why your jeweller would have a concern? Round brilliant cuts are set into these types of bracelets all the time and they have culets?
Good luck

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've wondered about the poking question myself... and I suspect it varies from person to person. Some people are more sensitive to things like that; I know that in recent years I've become more sensitive to both the texture and weight of what I wear around my neck, but not, so far, my wrists. I've also wondered about keeping diamonds set in DBTY bracelets clean...

Hopefully someone who owns a DBTY bracelet will chime in!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Roberto Coin bracelet with diamonds and the bezels are thick enough to keep the culets from touching the skin, if that makes sense. I have a similar necklace with just one tiny stone where the bezel is much thinner and the culet does poke me in the neck. Hope this helps. Here's a photo of the bracelet. I never take it off.

_35456.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really don't feel it on mine, but I only wear mine if I am going somewhere. It is not a daily wear piece for me. I think the only way you'd feel it is if you lay your wrist down on a desk or something and press the stones against your skin!

I'd probably do five ovals for a bracelet.

You have to clean any diamond jewelry often, so it would be no different than a ring or studs in terms of cleaning.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
This site is the best go to place for bling talk! DH has no idea what I am talking about :???: THank you PSers for your input!

ADN - think the jeweler just want to make sure I know what to expect.

VRBeauty - I thought it was just me! I can totally feel the pressure on my neck and shoulders when wearing heavier necklaces. I never had this issue until recent years.

devbygal - thicker bezel is definitely an option. I will check out Roberto Coin's design. And probably try out Tiffany's to see if I mind the poking.

diamondseeker2006 - still at early design stage... in fact, not 100% sure a bracelet is best choice... have lost a Louis Vuitton gold chain after wearing it for just a few months. Been trying to replace that but just couldn't find another design that sings to me. Also very very worried about losing another bracelet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results