shape
carat
color
clarity

David Klass CAD - Vintage Bezel Halo

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Which are you leaning towards?

Surprisingly, the one with the bigger donut! I think I’ll have him widen the band slightly from the 2.2mm up to maybe 2.5? And make sure the airline isn’t smaller than the 2nd CADs. It looks like there’s a difference in the models, too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The extra finger coverage of the one with the bigger donut is nice, that would be what I would pick but go with your gut.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@michellelynn9175 makes sense to me. Sometimes you “just know”. Good thing to get both wax so you could compare, that was smart.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
@michellelynn9175 makes sense to me. Sometimes you “just know”. Good thing to get both wax so you could compare, that was smart.

It was a suggestion from @CHRISTY-DANIELLE (thank you!!!) and I’m so glad I did, because if I had gone with what I THOUGHT I wanted, I would’ve ended up with option 2. I just hope I don’t lose all the detail of the basket with option 3. I know the wax mold isn’t accurate but it’s very filled in and runs together.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you got the molds!! Really helps doesnt it? I promise you my regret on my e-ring is that the donut is small and makes cleaning difficult. I really love the bigger donut option of the two molds, it looks great on your finger. So excited for you :appl:
Edited to add: don't judge the gallery in the mold. The actual gallery will be hand done and much more refined. (DK told me the gallery part is done by hand).

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad you got the molds!! Really helps doesnt it? I promise you my regret on my e-ring is that the donut is small and makes cleaning difficult. I really love the bigger donut option of the two molds, it looks great on your finger. So excited for you :appl:

Thank you for your help! I really am floored that I like option 3 because when I got the drawing, I was quite underwhelmed. I emailed David back to make a few slight modifications. Sizing it up to 7.75, making sure the airline didn’t change from CAD 2 to CAD 3, he reassured me the filigree detail would translate and not be a muddled mess, and I explained where I wanted the milgrain. Oh, and I had him thicken the band to 2.5 or so. Told him to use his judgement so I’m waiting for my fourth and hopefully final CAD!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I went back up to the original basket height because after staring at the other, it looked too “squatty.” I also had the shank changed to 2.5mm and the airline measurement made to match @YadaYadaYada ’s ring. I went ahead and approved it, now I’m just waiting for the proposal!

9A4704AC-3859-4C56-8E61-01511521834C.jpeg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
This is going to be absolutely gorgeous!!!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I am confused which one is which Michelle but I like the angle of this one better. It has a better flow. Not crazy about the gallery sitting on your finger like a shelf. I also like the look of the smaller halo on your finger. It has a lot of finger coverage but I can confirm that this style is so comfortable. I didn’t think I was a bezel person until I saw some of @christydanielle’s. You get so much finger coverage and the center stone doesn’t have to be huge. It wold look great with a beadset band with a miligrain edge.
96623A1B-5B7B-488B-ABD4-FC87C35F70F5.jpeg
I have been wearing mine with a yellow gold band so I don’t have to worry about scratches. I would size up a 1/4 size too because it sits a lot higher on the finger.

96623A1B-5B7B-488B-ABD4-FC87C35F70F5.jpeg 50961F4B-8309-48E0-AE00-38EB27AD5FF2.jpeg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I am confused which one is which Michelle but I like the angle of this one better. It has a better flow. Not crazy about the gallery sitting on your finger like a shelf. I also like the look of the smaller halo on your finger. It has a lot of finger coverage but I can confirm that this style is so comfortable. I didn’t think I was a bezel person until I saw some of @christydanielle’s. You get so much finger coverage and the center stone doesn’t have to be huge. It wold look great with a beadset band with a miligrain edge.
96623A1B-5B7B-488B-ABD4-FC87C35F70F5.jpeg
I have been wearing mine with a yellow gold band so I don’t have to worry about scratches. I would size up a 1/4 size too because it sits a lot higher on the finger.

96623A1B-5B7B-488B-ABD4-FC87C35F70F5.jpeg 50961F4B-8309-48E0-AE00-38EB27AD5FF2.jpeg

Gah, yours is STUNNING!!! I adore the mixed metals too. Perfection with that sunshine center stone!

I actually had DK change the basket back to the original CAD. It’s slightly higher but the donut is a little smaller than the one you didn’t prefer in the photo you circled, so it won’t look as “shelf-like.” I was also concerned about losing details in the filigree, and that tiny extra bit of height should eliminate that issue. Both wax models are the same size across my finger, surprisingly! I thought the one with the wider basket had more finger coverage too, but the CADs show the same measurement. I plan on using my LB 1ct for the center, so I’ll get an amazing 13.45mm of finger coverage. I love my pendant, but think maybe I’ll downsize to a half carat or go another direction altogether and have an everyday layered look with a paperclip chain and maybe a charm or two. For some reason I’m really into hearts these days. I bumped the shank up to 2.5mm, and he will be adding milgrain around the center stone, on both the inner and outer edge of the halo, and on the edges of the “leaves” on the shoulders. I’ve decided on yellow gold since all my jewelry is slowly transitioning that direction.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Gah, yours is STUNNING!!! I adore the mixed metals too. Perfection with that sunshine center stone!

I actually had DK change the basket back to the original CAD. It’s slightly higher but the donut is a little smaller than the one you didn’t prefer in the photo you circled, so it won’t look as “shelf-like.” I was also concerned about losing details in the filigree, and that tiny extra bit of height should eliminate that issue. Both wax models are the same size across my finger, surprisingly! I thought the one with the wider basket had more finger coverage too, but the CADs show the same measurement. I plan on using my LB 1ct for the center, so I’ll get an amazing 13.45mm of finger coverage. I love my pendant, but think maybe I’ll downsize to a half carat or go another direction altogether and have an everyday layered look with a paperclip chain and maybe a charm or two. For some reason I’m really into hearts these days. I bumped the shank up to 2.5mm, and he will be adding milgrain around the center stone, on both the inner and outer edge of the halo, and on the edges of the “leaves” on the shoulders. I’ve decided on yellow gold since all my jewelry is slowly transitioning that direction.

With the antique settings, yellow gold does look good. I can’t quite get there completely. Every time I make something other then platinum, I don’t wear it. I don’t mind the combo look though.

I agree that making the donut a little smaller and the setting a tiny bit higher will get rid of the ‘shelf’ look. It should sit a bit off the finger. Mine is at 2.5 for both my bezels. It Is a really comfortable size and helps anchor the setting so it doesn’t feel so top heavy. Gold Is a lot lighter then platinum so that helps. My settings always weight a ton.

I think this ring is going to make you really happy. It gives the finger coverage you were after and is far different then your other ring. You really needed that.

I didn’t see your pendant idea. Is that on another thread? Make sure you put this on the r/labcreateddiamonds page for other’s to see as well..

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
With the antique settings, yellow gold does look good. I can’t quite get there completely. Every time I make something other then platinum, I don’t wear it. I don’t mind the combo look though.

I agree that making the donut a little smaller and the setting a tiny bit higher will get rid of the ‘shelf’ look. It should sit a bit off the finger. Mine is at 2.5 for both my bezels. It Is a really comfortable size and helps anchor the setting so it doesn’t feel so top heavy. Gold Is a lot lighter then platinum so that helps. My settings always weight a ton.

I think this ring is going to make you really happy. It gives the finger coverage you were after and is far different then your other ring. You really needed that.

I didn’t see your pendant idea. Is that on another thread? Make sure you put this on the r/labcreateddiamonds page for other’s to see as well..

My pendant is just the stock one I got from LB but I think I’ll use that diamond in my ring and downsize a bit. Thank you for confirming my decisions! You’ve done this way more times than me so I trust your judgement. And you are 100% right that is needed to be a huge change from my other design and I think I achieved that.

How far do your most worn rings sit off your finger? Mines measuring at 6.8mm on the CAD so I was curious to get your perspective.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
My pendant is just the stock one I got from LB but I think I’ll use that diamond in my ring and downsize a bit. Thank you for confirming my decisions! You’ve done this way more times than me so I trust your judgement. And you are 100% right that is needed to be a huge change from my other design and I think I achieved that.

How far do your most worn rings sit off your finger? Mines measuring at 6.8mm on the CAD so I was curious to get your perspective.

It‘s going to be great! I can’t wait to see this on your finger! We have been doing this since 2017, can you believe it? Do you know when it is going to happen? He can propose with the plastic ring over Christmas LOL!

My avatar ring is 6.8 and the sapphire is 7.2. It is only a little taller because of the marquise‘s underneath. It still feels really low on the finger. Doesn’t really fall to the side much. The flat bottom baskets really do anchor them in place. I find myself wearing the yellow sapphire ring all the time now. At least until I get the next one! Hopefully that will happen before Xmas but I am not sure.…everything is being held up for shipping delays at the moment.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
It‘s going to be great! I can’t wait to see this on your finger! We have been doing this since 2017, can you believe it? Do you know when it is going to happen? He can propose with the plastic ring over Christmas LOL!

My avatar ring is 6.8 and the sapphire is 7.2. It is only a little taller because of the marquise‘s underneath. It still feels really low on the finger. Doesn’t really fall to the side much. The flat bottom baskets really do anchor them in place. I find myself wearing the yellow sapphire ring all the time now. At least until I get the next one! Hopefully that will happen before Xmas but I am not sure.…everything is being held up for shipping delays at the moment.

Oh my gosh, has it really been that long?! Wow. A lot has changed since then, that’s for sure! I honestly have no idea when it’s going to happen, but I’m suspicious of Christmas. I just don’t want to get my hopes up in the least. Since he said he will never buy me jewelry because I’m so picky, I think it will be something like a proposal with a Ring Pop or something silly and then we will order the ring together. He knows I’ve been talking to DK about the process and I’ve given him the price to which he was pleasantly surprised.

It’s good to know your aqua ring is the exact same height and you can say it’s not too tall. Refresh my memory…are you setting your lab diamond right now? I can’t wait to see it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results