shape
carat
color
clarity

David Klass CAD for Three Stone Reset & Upgrade

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
I had to really think about what I wanted my reset to look like and in the end went for the classic three stone that's very similar to what I currently have. I'm very cautious when it comes to change and in the end went for what is familiar to me. This is the CAD David Klass sent me last night and I'm ready to approve it but I wanted to see if there's anything that I should mention. The band was tapered before but I had him change that. My only concern at this point is that the prongs seem chunky but that could be that the CAD is a really zoomed in depiction of the ring. Any thoughts? DK 62917-QUAD.jpg IMG_1459.JPG

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think the CAD depiction will give you chunky prongs.
If you have a strong preference on how they are finished off - show him real picture examples (ideally on stones close in size to yours, for clarity in communication) of how you want them to be shaped/finished.
Also for further clarity - separately show him examples of what you do not want them to look like once finished.

Pretty re-set!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In the photo of your ring the side stones are prong set. In the CAD they appear to be channel set.

The prongs always seem to look chunky on DK CADs but, as @Rfisher said, if you've told Amy exactly how you want them to look, that's how they'll be on the finished ring.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In the photo of your ring the side stones are prong set. In the CAD they appear to be channel set.

The prongs always seem to look chunky on DK CADs but, as @Rfisher said, if you've told Amy exactly how you want them to look, that's how they'll be on the finished ring.

Good catch!

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
I don’t think the CAD depiction will give you chunky prongs.
If you have a strong preference on how they are finished off - show him real picture examples (ideally on stones close in size to yours, for clarity in communication) of how you want them to be shaped/finished.
Also for further clarity - separately show him examples of what you do not want them to look like once finished.

Pretty re-set!
The picture is my current ring that I'm resetting. I probably should have clarified. I sent DK a sample of his prong work that I like to make sure we are on the same page.

So the side stones will only have a prong on the ends and will be channel set. I don't know how to explain it. LOL.

I feel like my current ring has too much metal so the goal is to have less and also have a plain shank.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The picture is my current ring that I'm resetting. I probably should have clarified. I sent DK a sample of his prong work that I like to make sure we are on the same page.

So the side stones will only have a prong on the ends and will be channel set. I don't know how to explain it. LOL.

I feel like my current ring has too much metal so the goal is to have less and also have a plain shank.

The channel set sides will definitely reduce the metal and look great. DK channel set the rubies in DW's five stone ruby band, and the result far exceeded our expectations!

Ruby Band 6.jpg

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
The channel set sides will definitely reduce the metal and look great. DK channel set the rubies in DW's five stone ruby band, and the result far exceeded our expectations!

Ruby Band 6.jpg

What a pretty ring!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think they are channel set, I think they just have one prong on the end and two prongs in the center. I like it.

ksage92

Rough_Rock
Nothing more exciting than waiting for the DKJ delivery =)2 be sure to post pictures!!!

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
I’m so happy with this ring! David and Amy have been a pleasure to work with. I feel like the turn around time was really quick. This is my first jewelry project and having to do everything online/email was definitely nerve-racking.
93CA9D1F-56CA-4986-8527-731264678521.jpeg 58E99E2E-8774-49C0-9165-E84717B657B2.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kh0117 -

Lovely ring - congratulations!

Can I ask what size the side diamonds are pls?

Also, you might like to start a thread for it in Show Me The Bling - which is where the finished products go. You can also add it to the Engagement Ring permanent thread, or to the 3-stone Rings thread.

I'm glad you enjoyed the process! The first time is always nerve-wracking but it gets a lot easier after that! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
@Kh0117 -

Lovely ring - congratulations!

Can I ask what size the side diamonds are pls?

Also, you might like to start a thread for it in Show Me The Bling - which is where the finished products go. You can also add it to the Engagement Ring permanent thread, or to the 3-stone Rings thread.

I'm glad you enjoyed the process! The first time is always nerve-wracking but it gets a lot easier after that! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thank you @mrs-b :) Your ring was my inspiration! The sides are .31 each.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The reset is lovely! It's always nerve wracking, but I'm glad it turned out so well!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it turned out great. very pretty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results