shape
carat
color
clarity

David Klass CAD Check

Mochi_x

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I've been working with David Klass on an engagement ring reset and would love your opinions on my CAD. I'm pretty happy with the design but since this is my first CAD, I'd like to have some additional sets of eyes.

This is my current setting. While the overall design is pretty, I feel that something is missing.
Current Setting.jpg

So, I did what any reasonable person would.... I went hunting on Pricescope to look for inspiration and fell in love with Karlala's newest setting (https://www.pricescope.com/communit...r-ridiculous-diamond-journey-thread-1.248344/). The floral halo is subtle but still adds a nice silhouette and a little bit of oomph!

I tried to incorporate the floral halo with leaf motif that I currently have. The resulting CAD is below. I think the only thing missing from the CAD is the milgrain detail on the halo, leaves and the two circle accents.
55055-quad.jpg

Like I said, I'm pretty happy with the design and am not seeing any places where I'd make changes. But please let me know what you think!

Thank you so much!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t really like the diamond on the bridge because it appears to poke out quite a bit, this worries me when you wear a band with it.

Mochi_x

Rough_Rock
I don’t really like the diamond on the bridge because it appears to poke out quite a bit, this worries me when you wear a band with it.

Hm, I didn't think about that but I see what you mean. I'll ask for it to be removed.

Do you have thoughts about anything else?

Thank you for the input!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto KKJ's comment. Pleased to hear you intend to remove it. The rest of it seems very pretty, tho. What size is your center stone? I think you need to be careful not to overwhelm it.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice design. But I do love your present ring too being a bezel gal.
As for the CAD, I wanted to point out that I think after the main prongs are squeezed in around the diamond you will have a scalloped looking halo. I love them but want to make sure you like it. Other than that, the diamond poking out below the gallery should go also. Especially if you want a flush wedding band.

Mochi_x

Rough_Rock
Ditto KKJ's comment. Pleased to hear you intend to remove it. The rest of it seems very pretty, tho. What size is your center stone? I think you need to be careful not to overwhelm it.

My center stone is 6.5mm.

The first CAD that I received was a bit bulkier overall (leaves, halo and band were larger) so I asked to make them thinner. I agree that I need to be careful not to overwhelm the stone. I think the reason why I'm not too happy with my current setting is that the sides are a bit too large compared to the center. So, I was hoping that adding a little bit of a halo to the center and making the leaves smaller would result in a nicer proportion this time around.

And I know that if I really want to not overwhelm the stone, I should probably remove the leaf motif altogether. But I'd like to keep that design element in since my husband chose it (and it'll be nicer to say that I improved upon his design instead of junking it). :whistle:

Mochi_x

Rough_Rock
Very nice design. But I do love your present ring too being a bezel gal.
As for the CAD, I wanted to point out that I think after the main prongs are squeezed in around the diamond you will have a scalloped looking halo. I love them but want to make sure you like it. Other than that, the diamond poking out below the gallery should go also. Especially if you want a flush wedding band.

Yes, I love a scalloped/floral looking halo!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Mochi_x

Rough_Rock
When I first saw the CAD it made think of a triwire setting, have you considered the below? What I like about this type of setting is the side stones are more of a wrap around the band itself.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-tri-wire-style-rings-please.240996/

Are you suggesting that I add the triwire to my shank/band and leave everything else as is?

Those rings are pretty but I’m worried that adding that detail to my ring might be a little too much.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mochi_x -

I LOVE the leaf motive. I definitely wouldn't remove it - I think that's what gives your ring the most charm and individuality.

I think a slim band is the way to go here; my feeling is that you want the most contrast between head and band on this particular design.

Coming along very nicely!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree
Leave the leaf shoulder detail.
Pretty!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you suggesting that I add the triwire to my shank/band and leave everything else as is?

Those rings are pretty but I’m worried that adding that detail to my ring might be a little too much.

If you don't like the triwire that is ok, but I was also suggesting the side stones on the shoulders be a little different. I have highlighted in red what I am talking about. I liked this inspiration photo as it the leaves look very similar to below. Again all of it is a just suggestions, I like your current ring with the change to the bridge diamond.

Capture.JPG

Mochi_x

Rough_Rock
@Mochi_x -

I LOVE the leaf motive. I definitely wouldn't remove it - I think that's what gives your ring the most charm and individuality.

I think a slim band is the way to go here; my feeling is that you want the most contrast between head and band on this particular design.

Coming along very nicely!

Thank you for your input!

I’m not so great at visualizing how the ring will look compared to the CAD so I’m a bit nervous about this. But having this feedback helps ease my mind and confirm that I did an okay job with the design!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your input!

I’m not so great at visualizing how the ring will look compared to the CAD so I’m a bit nervous about this. But having this feedback helps ease my mind and confirm that I did an okay job with the design!

He should send a mold and that will help with visual aid and feel of the ring, then you might tweek again. I do suggest wearing it while doing ordinary task just to see how you like the height and width of it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I suggested the same thing but saw @KKJohnson said the same thing. I asked for him to do make one with the ring in my avatar because I was undecided about certain elements. It helped a great deal..

Eellee44

Rough_Rock
My ring is complete! I can’t wait to see it in person.

Thanks for everyone’s comments! It was so helpful.

A417EDA8-EDD7-4B7E-8526-EA6E743B84D8.jpeg 795FD459-B9EA-4B67-A5C1-56E588ECD04B.jpeg
Turned out beautiful! I love the details. Please come back and show us photos once you have it!

Mochi_x

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I received my ring today... and I have some reservations about it.

At first, I thought it looked great- it was shiny and new and I was glad to have my ring back. But then, I started inspecting the ring more carefully and now I'm not so sure how I feel about it.

I think there's one main issue:
1. I didn't notice this until I saw the ring in person, but it feels like the floral shape has been lost and I'm seeing a rectangular shape now. I think it's because the left and right petals are a bit squished compared to the other petals... Or it's because the leaf motif on the shoulders are distracting and so it's hard to see the side petals... Or maybe it's a combination of those two things.

I don't particularly hate the rectangular shape, but I just thought that my ring would be more of a distinct floral halo.

So I guess my questions are:
1. Does anyone else see the same thing I'm seeing (rectangular shape and not the floral/scalloped shape)?
2. Does it make sense to ask to have the left/right petals widened? Do you think it'll make a difference in reducing the rectangular shape and help emphasize the floral shape?
3. Would you change it or leave it as is?

Thank you in advanced for your input!

IMG_7255.jpg IMG_7261.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

I received my ring today... and I have some reservations about it.

At first, I thought it looked great- it was shiny and new and I was glad to have my ring back. But then, I started inspecting the ring more carefully and now I'm not so sure how I feel about it.

I think there's one main issue:
1. I didn't notice this until I saw the ring in person, but it feels like the floral shape has been lost and I'm seeing a rectangular shape now. I think it's because the left and right petals are a bit squished compared to the other petals... Or it's because the leaf motif on the shoulders are distracting and so it's hard to see the side petals... Or maybe it's a combination of those two things.

I don't particularly hate the rectangular shape, but I just thought that my ring would be more of a distinct floral halo.

So I guess my questions are:
1. Does anyone else see the same thing I'm seeing (rectangular shape and not the floral/scalloped shape)?
2. Does it make sense to ask to have the left/right petals widened? Do you think it'll make a difference in reducing the rectangular shape and help emphasize the floral shape?
3. Would you change it or leave it as is?

Thank you in advanced for your input!

IMG_7255.jpg IMG_7261.jpg
Wow the ribbon makes a massive difference! I also see a rectangle shape until you put the ribbon over the sides, and then I clearly see a floral round shape.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is absolutely lovely. I think it's the shoulders under the east west petals. When you hid them under the ribbon the flower design is more apparent.... It’s still very beautiful...but if it bothers you then it will
always bother you. I would contact David and tell him your feelings...but don’t rush into
anything. Live with it for awhile and see
how you feel.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow. Talk about an optical illusion. I wonder if we only see it as rectangular Bc of the angle. So odd. Maybe the floral halo is not meant to have the side petals? Can you post hand shots? Maybe the side petals will not be so apparent when worn.

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
I see what you mean and it would bother me too. I agree with SimoneDi, I think rotating it would fix the issue.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rotate the pedals so the shank falls in-between them.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9114CAB0-8EFE-44CE-B8A2-863F416B8F3C.png
Beautiful ring!
This is pretty rough but might give you an idea
Of what to expect with rotation.
I don’t believe you’d get the real open window between the two petals and leafs like this depicts, but would help with the definition of a floral head.
If it bugs you, I’d speak to DK of the unintended issues of cad vs real life and see what your options are and costs involved.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think rotating the head is a great idea..but I think..in addition...tucking the shank petals in more would help make the flower stand out..

Mochi_x

Rough_Rock
Oh wow. Talk about an optical illusion. I wonder if we only see it as rectangular Bc of the angle. So odd. Maybe the floral halo is not meant to have the side petals? Can you post hand shots? Maybe the side petals will not be so apparent when worn.
7C39F4B2-FC2F-421A-9F48-20523804AD2A.jpeg

If I’m looking at my ring closely and try to find the floral halo, then I can see it. But from afar, it still looks more rectangular.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results