shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your tri-wire style rings please

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a potential project in the very early conceptual phase, and I am thinking I want a tri-wire style ring shank for it. I would love to see different variations to get some inspiration for how it might meet up with the stones.

Diamonds, gemstones, antique or modern ... whatever you have - if it’s a tri-wire shank you own or have owned (or maybe have saved in a folder), please post it along with who produced it. Thanks so much in advance! :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By Victor Canera. Can’t say how much I love his tri-wire work. Thought it would be uncomfortable. Not at all.
F39A9500-621C-4483-BEC7-3BF6A7432633.jpeg AE16FFED-D873-49C2-BA13-DA7D23262003.jpeg
A4075006-2685-4674-AE72-46F50A76410D.jpeg 0A0522A6-DD61-4793-A515-2C4FBEAEAC17.jpeg EFE6F374-75D5-444F-A007-289238ADE2C8.jpeg
Will be a great reference thread.

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom Those are ALL gawwwwwgeous rings! :love::love:

Would you mind sharing the specs (mm) of the central diamond in your first post please as well as the shank width/height? Just trying to get an idea of scale and how the overall look might relate to what I’m planning. Thanks so much! :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom Those are ALL gawwwwwgeous rings! :love::love:

Would you mind sharing the specs (mm) of the central diamond in your first post please as well as the shank width/height? Just trying to get an idea of scale and how the overall look might relate to what I’m planning. Thanks so much! :wavey:
9.13-9.2mm, size 4.5
Shank width I think 2.54mm
Height may be a little over 2mm. Guessing 2.1-2.2

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.13-9.2mm, size 4.5
Shank width I think 2.54mm
Height may be a little over 2mm. Guessing 2.1-2.2

Thank you SOOO much! That is very helpful! :wavey:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings @Rfisher & @foxinsox I haven’t decided between hand forged or cast yet ... still very early in the conceptual phase. =)2

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are all gorgeous examples of tri-wire rings; thank you ALL so much for sharing your pieces, inspirations, and/or those of other PSers! :clap:

What I am thinking about is mayyyybe resetting my OEC soli :whistle: or using three other old cuts I have (.40 - .75 - .40) into a 3-stone ring. I’ve always loved the tri-wire style rings; however, I stumbled upon another ring design yesterday that is now also a strong contender setting to consider ... I haven’t stopped thinking about it since I saw it, and think the style really complements OEC facets quite nicely.

Too many beautiful options ... :wall:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has been very hard for me to decide on just one forever setting, as well. I am just not going to reset many times when some settings are $3-4k, so I need to get it right on the first try!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has been very hard for me to decide on just one forever setting, as well. I am just not going to reset many times when some settings are $3-4k, so I need to get it right on the first try!

This is SOOO true! IF I reset my CvB Abby OEC, it will be once because - even as a soli - it wasn’t ‘cheap’, so if I go forward with a new setting, it needs to be ‘it’.

I think I may continue to work through possible tri-wire setting ideas for it, and this new style I saw yesterday, go forward with a three stone version using the smaller OECs I have stashed. I’ll start a new thread for that so as not to commingle projects. :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the rings here are gorgeous!

But - oh @the_mother_thing and @diamondseeker2006 - I feel your pain re choosing one setting!

There is no chance that the setting I'm currently working on for my new soli is its forever setting, but I just need to get it into SOMETHING aesthetically acceptable so I can wear it - otherwise it would sit in its little WhiteFlash box till the end of all time!

Soooooo many gorgeous settings - all fabulous. Soooooo much confusion on my part!

When the two of YOU have made your final decisions, I'll take that as a sign that it's time for *me* to make choice! (Please don't make a decision...please don't make a decision...)

All that to say, tho - I have to say, @the_mother_thing - I ADORE your soli and always have. It's one of my ultimate go-to eye candy rings. I don't even know why I love it so much - I think it's something about the interaction between all the elements; it's just perfect!

However.....

Tri-wire settings.....mmmmmm.....:lickout:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @mrs-b for the compliments on my Abby. Coming from you with your amazingly gorgeous collection, that is an ultimate compliment! I will definitely leave the Abby OEC as-is for the time being until I am as certain as a PSer can be that I have a solid concept design for a new setting. :wavey:

I created the new thread for my three stone project idea over here if ya’ll wanna go weigh in with your thoughts on that. ;)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"As certain as a PSer can be"... That should be a definition for a whole different level of uncertainty!!

Love it. :mrgreen:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
We ought to have a dedicated "Show me..." thread to tri-wire rings!
DanniiD's Ring Concierge tri-wire ring:
img_4588-jpg.617585

img_4595-jpg.617587

img_4462-jpg.617581

20987542_2008148176082918_2526131490983510016_n-jpg.607340

old_miners_turned-jpg.607339

screen-shot-2018-01-04-at-1-03-58-pm-png.607338

More at https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-european-diamond-purchase-help.236822/

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Skhii I save pictures in a folder when I see them, and I don't have the source of those pictures, but you might be able to search the image and find them. But I believe for both of the rings, those may be the only pictures because I generally save all views of a ring if I really like it. And thank you, I do think these styles might be my best choice for the AVR!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! foxinsox, is there more info or pictures available of this ring style somewhere
It’s gorgeous huh! I saved this photo from Hancock Diamonds’ IG so you could contact them for more views.. but in saying that, I think the side view would be very very similar to the one that DS2006 posted.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump ... anyone happen to have any pics saved of tri-wire three stone rings? :think:

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Bump... @LLJsmom et al -
Working on a new project, considering a tri-wire shank for a little something different. To all those that have tri-wire rings, do you find them as comfortable as a more conventional “D” shaped band? I plan to wear this ring daily, so comfort is a big consideration.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results