shape
carat
color
clarity

David Klass 3 stone halo reset-CAD

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I LOVE it. And it's really standing the test of time. Whenever I think about upgrading the center stone, I look at it and my first thought is "No." Its proportions are lovely; I just wish I had prettier hands!

Just to clarify, in case what I said didn't make sense - doing a rose gold inner plating for your center stone wouldn't be visible from any angle. It's only on the inside of the cup and makes a big difference.

And I'm so sorry your trellis setting was a no-go in the end! Super frustrating!

However - I love ALL your projects, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where you end with this! It was your beautiful M colored solitaire that gave me the gumption to go with an R colored AVC - really opened my eyes as to how gorgeous warm stones can be!

Thank you @mrs-b!! Btw your hands are lovely and display your 3 stone magnificently!!!

You are right the rose gold does play up the faint brown. That's why set her in rose gold as a solitude and 3 stone. I think she will sing and shine contrasting with white gold in the halo.

We need a warm stones club;)2

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm late to the party here, but a few thoughts.

I'd tilt the halo outward about 20 degrees off center. It looks prettier and provides a better side view.

I'd eliminate the prongs under the halo (striped with red lines). They are unnecessary and make the side more busy.

upload_2019-2-16_14-45-54.png

The double prongs on the side stones can be eliminated in favor of a single prong to make a smoother transition between the shank and the prong.

You can see this idea on this The Gemstone Project used for a tail prong on a pear.
upload_2019-2-16_14-51-18.png
upload_2019-2-16_14-50-18.png

@rockysalamander thank you for the suggestions!!
I'm so glad you brought that to my attention!! The halo will be dropped 20-25 degrees:))

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looked more cohesive before.
Now the halo looks like a peg he’s plopped on there

@Niel I agree. We are sticking with the 1st CAD and just making a few modifications.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-help-with-cads-for-my-paraiba-3-stone.244500/

Have you seen this thread before? Look at the CAD before vs after tilting the halo melee. The tilt is wonderfully beautiful!
As for triwire not being able to re-size, is that only for hand forged triwire like VC does? Not applicable for cast like DK does?

Your ring sounds like it will be beautiful!

Thank ..you @Rfisher !
Tri wire was a new direction for me. Think I may go that direction on another project.
Tilting the halo...definitly a visual difference. Has been added to my modification list.:))

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to show the waxes I received.
The wax does not show the final modifications but provides a general idea.

20190305_101342-1.jpg 20190305_101350-1.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you feel

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you feel

I was soooo apprehensive and worried. Now I feel great! I'm really excited!!!
Even more so since I spoke with Amy.
I wanted a combo halo 3 stone with just halo center. I never emagined my center could be bezeled. She made all of the necessary mods for me. I should have it in a couple of weeks:D

They are so kind and patient.

@Niel It's really sweet of you to ask. Thank you.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZB, that THAT ring is gorgeous. you are gonna rock it. Ha! rock it hmm.. you are going to wear this beautifully.. I love the unplated white gold, it's unique, I have one ring like this, can't wait to see this on your finger!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Pretty! What do you think???

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lickout:
I love it. That rose gold bezel really gives definition to the center stone. And that delicate halo - swoon!! How long until we get hand shots?!?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done - it's a beauty - as always! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous ring! Stunning! :love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Pretty! What do you think???

What's funny is you know I have had sooo many resets trying to get it right. I showed the photos to DH (he is NOT emotional man) and the photos brought him to tears. He was blown away!!!

@tyty333 honestly I cant believe the craftmanship and intricateness!! They are exceptional at bringing your vision to life. Its beyond what I anticipated. It literally unbelievable!!!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZB, that THAT ring is gorgeous. you are gonna rock it. Ha! rock it hmm.. you are going to wear this beautifully.. I love the unplated white gold, it's unique, I have one ring like this, can't wait to see this on your finger!

thank you Tekate!!!!! Halos really bring a sense of "massive bling" to a ring...man!!! I don't know why but I have taking a special liking to 18k unplated white gold. Amy wanted to make sure that was what I wanted. I had to reassure a time or two because I guess its an unusual ask.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done - it's a beauty - as always! :kiss2:

Girl I see why you have numerous pieces with them!!! All of them have there own unique scrumptious-ness too!!! I am blown away!!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lickout:
I love it. That rose gold bezel really gives definition to the center stone. And that delicate halo - swoon!! How long until we get hand shots?!?

Thanks a million! The bezel was a challenge because I was not 'thinking of it' as a part of this design until Amy provided a CAD. Im so happy I went with rose instead of just white gold. It made a huge difference!!!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Mackerel!! That is stupendous in its execution!! I love it and hope you enjoy it in good health and happiness for many years. The stone is jaw-dropping I might add. Where did you find that unicorn?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!!! :kiss2: I love the rose gold bezel in particular. It really makes the center pop.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results