clarity

David Klass 3 stone halo reset-CAD

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello PS family!!!

I have my 1st CAD from Amy.
I want my center to have halo.

I kinda combined a couple of designs. Amy nearly nailed it on the 1st go around.

Im not sure if I want the side diamonds as "tucked in". But is looks so graceful.

How should incorporate the rose gold in to highlight my faint brown Q? Or will 18k white gold halo be contrast enough? Bezel halo or prong halo?

My mind is spinning...please help.

Thoughts, suggestions, changes...any feedback would be soooooo appreciated.

Thank you!!! 51322-quad.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you could bezel the center diamond in RG? Is that what you mean, to highlight the diamond color?

Agree with this... and maybe make the "top portion" of the tri-wire RG, while the "bottom" portion is in white metal - but only if both colors are seen (i.e. the bottom white metal is seen on either side of the RG/top portion).

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with this... and maybe make the "top portion" of the tri-wire RG, while the "bottom" portion is in white metal - but only if both colors are seen (i.e. the bottom white metal is seen on either side of the RG/top portion).

I do love this tri wire idea but on the profile/side picture of your CAD it doesn’t look like you have the tri wire. @ZestfullyBling are you looking for a tri wire look? Ask DK to make it look like this below (it’s my CAD)...and use the rose gold for the middle section. I also love the center rose bezel idea too! I prefer a bezel for ease of wear. You won’t have to worry about losing stones. I’m not so delicate with my rings.

18FFA428-161B-4A94-ABB8-F1B095B163F4.png

ETA Maybe angle your halo edge slightly down to avoid a plate-like look? See my CAD vs yours for the difference.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies!!!

David saw a video of my stone and commented: "If you want the stone to look a bit champagne the 18k rose will be nice. Yellow would make it more yellow. White will hide the color. It is a pretty stone!"

The 18k wg bezel halo...seems like would provide enough contrast with my stone.

So (I hope cfluist doesnt mind) attached Q in white gold halo.

Then Fancy yellow in yellow bezel halo...which shows me the rose gold bezel would highlight the stone too.I'm so torn.

Yes I did confirm the triwire look.

Inspiration is the 3 stone attached. Danhov-LE101-Per-Lei-Three-Stone-Halo-Engagement-Ring-in-White-Gold_gi_22622_5-49389.jpg

r8471-canary-diamond-ring-05.jpg 20180322_120038.jpg Cheryl-by-Wink-2-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lucky you are to be so close on your first round of cads! If you only knew my struggles.
I think those side diamonds are angled quite a lot. Do you like that?
Also I have concerns about that style of halo with the color stone you have, if your goal is to bring the color out. Would the prongs be yellow or rose gold? If that is all that would be used to bring out the color I worry it wouldn’t be enough.
Also the shank is very thin

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shank will be 2mm wide and 1.8mm thick. What do you recommend?

I prefer the sides to be 'tucked in' to accent the center, but I did request they be not as 'tucked' if that makes sense.

I think I will be able to see the color regardless because its against the white gold.

It was set in 18k rose BGD trellis I couldn't see the color as much. After seeing the Q in plat/wg halo and DK comment about my stone I keep leaning towards wg halo with wg prong instead of rg bezel.

Amy will provide another CAD with rg bezel Monday. I will probably have more of an idea then.

I dunno.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ZestfullyBling -

Hi Zesty! :wavey:

I wanted to give you all my thoughts on this, so pls excuse me if I wander a tad away from your specific questions.

Firstly, I LOVE your 3 stone as it is. Glorious ring!

Secondly - I feel as though haloing the middle stone and not the sides is a bit like combining 2 different rings. If you were haloing all three - great! But to do just the center sort of disconnects it from the sides. So - have you considered a halo soli? Or a soli cluster? If you want to do a three stone with halo around the center stone, I would strongly suggest only 3 prongs on the side stones, so it complements more. With 3 prongs, the sides will look more like accents. With 4 prongs, to MY eye, it looks more like a halo'd center stone, and sides...without.

Last idea - whichever way you go, if you want to play up the color, set your center stone in a cup with internal plating. You can have it plated in yellow gold or rose gold, depending on which color you want to play up. All the outer work can still be in 18kt white gold, so you'll get the contrast you want, but a cup beneath your center stone will give your center stone more color, without competing with it.

What color are your side stones? I'd suggest staying very white if you want contrast - both in your sides and in your metal; for example, unplated white gold is much warmer, so will not play up the color in your center stone.

Are you planning to wear this ring with your double diamond drop earrings? If so, I can completely understand wanting to stay with white gold. I think it would be a lovely combo! I've always loved your projects and know this one will be beautiful also!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just throwing in a note that I love triwire, but I don’t think they can be resized. Not sure if you knew that.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ZestfullyBling, I think the cad looks good! I agree with PP's on changing the angle on the side stones just a smidge. I would probably stick with all wg if it was my ring, I just prefer that look. I say just go with what is most pleasing to you! It's going to be beautiful no matter what. Looking forward to seeing this ring :kiss2:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ZestfullyBling -

I wanted to give you all my thoughts on this, so pls excuse me if I wander a tad away from your specific questions.

Secondly - I feel as though haloing the middle stone and not the sides is a bit like combining 2 different rings. If you were haloing all three - great! But to do just the center sort of disconnects it from the sides. So - have you considered a halo soli? Or a soli cluster? If you want to do a three stone with halo around the center stone, I would strongly suggest only 3 prongs on the side stones, so it complements more. With 3 prongs, the sides will look more like accents. With 4 prongs, to MY eye, it looks more like a halo'd center stone, and sides...without.

Last idea - whichever way you go, if you want to play up the color, set your center stone in a cup with internal plating. You can have it plated in yellow gold or rose gold, depending on which color you want to play up. All the outer work can still be in 18kt white gold, so you'll get the contrast you want, but a cup beneath your center stone will give your center stone more color, without competing with it.

What color are your side stones? I'd suggest staying very white if you want contrast - both in your sides and in your metal; for example, unplated white gold is much warmer, so will not play up the color in your center stone.

Are you planning to wear this ring with your double diamond drop earrings? If so, I can completely understand wanting to stay with white gold. I think it would be a lovely combo! I've always loved your projects and know this one will be beautiful also!

Howdy mrs-b!:wavey:

I appreciate your thoughts!! Thank you!!!
I'm confidently leaning towards the entire ring in 18 wg. I did combine two designs. Isnt that what custom projects are all about;)2

I'm late to the party but your DK 3 stone is DEVINE!!:love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ZestfullyBling, I think the cad looks good! I agree with PP's on changing the angle on the side stones just a smidge. I would probably stick with all wg if it was my ring, I just prefer that look. I say just go with what is most pleasing to you! It's going to be beautiful no matter what. Looking forward to seeing this ring :kiss2:

Hey Junie and thank you!! Always So sweet and kind:))
I'm with you on the sides... I requested them be not so "tucked under"

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the tip! I canceled triwire.

Did you verify that? I can’t remember which vendor said it... I think Victor? It’s a shame because a tri wire is divine. It’s really a lovely look.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm late to the party here, but a few thoughts.

I'd tilt the halo outward about 20 degrees off center. It looks prettier and provides a better side view.

I'd eliminate the prongs under the halo (striped with red lines). They are unnecessary and make the side more busy.

upload_2019-2-16_14-45-54.png

The double prongs on the side stones can be eliminated in favor of a single prong to make a smoother transition between the shank and the prong.

You can see this idea on this The Gemstone Project used for a tail prong on a pear.
upload_2019-2-16_14-51-18.png
upload_2019-2-16_14-50-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-16_14-49-4.png
    upload_2019-2-16_14-49-4.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 25

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ZestfullyBling -

I’m almost inclined to agree with you on the three stone halo look I do see often where it looks like you’re just trying to add as many details as possible
I like when the melee I the halo is a little bigger and the side stones are cutting into the halo. It brings the two in together. I think it would also do a good job of making the center stone stand out on its one, as it should, since it’s a different color.
I’d do something like all bezels like the ring they did for @msop04 with a halo around the center - like the one they did for my mom
3C9C0A9D-3F3D-4543-AD89-10FF7526CD8C.jpeg
As for the tri wire - it’s sizable it’s an issue of having a gap in the design say if you have to size it up. I don’t think that’s a big enough deal to nix the whole thing

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are the BEST!!!!

Thank you everyone for your, suggestions, feedback, illustrations, comments, and links n photo examples. Much appreciated.=)2

I'm resetting because I had to stop wearing the ring. I have very sensitive skin. I developed eczema wearing my trellis setting...Not sure if it was the rose gold or water/dirt caught in between metal touching top of my finger or both. :(2:confused:

This was opportunity for me to reset in a custom halo that I have been wanting for years and work with DK of course.;)2

I emailed Amy my final changes.

Fingers crossed! So exciting.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm late to the party here, but a few thoughts.

I'd tilt the halo outward about 20 degrees off center. It looks prettier and provides a better side view.

I'd eliminate the prongs under the halo (striped with red lines). They are unnecessary and make the side more busy.

upload_2019-2-16_14-45-54.png

The double prongs on the side stones can be eliminated in favor of a single prong to make a smoother transition between the shank and the prong.

You can see this idea on this The Gemstone Project used for a tail prong on a pear.
upload_2019-2-16_14-51-18.png
upload_2019-2-16_14-50-18.png

All good suggestions, @rockysalamander. Would give a smoother, more coordinated look.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Howdy mrs-b!:wavey:

I appreciate your thoughts!! Thank you!!!
I'm confidently leaning towards the entire ring in 18 wg. I did combine two designs. Isnt that what custom projects are all about;)2

I'm late to the party but your DK 3 stone is DEVINE!!:love:

Thank you so much! I LOVE it. And it's really standing the test of time. Whenever I think about upgrading the center stone, I look at it and my first thought is "No." Its proportions are lovely; I just wish I had prettier hands!

Just to clarify, in case what I said didn't make sense - doing a rose gold inner plating for your center stone wouldn't be visible from any angle. It's only on the inside of the cup and makes a big difference.

And I'm so sorry your trellis setting was a no-go in the end! Super frustrating!

However - I love ALL your projects, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where you end with this! It was your beautiful M colored solitaire that gave me the gumption to go with an R colored AVC - really opened my eyes as to how gorgeous warm stones can be!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh warm colored stones are gorgeous, I never considered them really either but after seeing all these beautiful stones over the last few years, I want one.. MrsB I love your ring I love cflutist's ring and all her rings.. top notch all the way with both your stones and rings Mrs. B... so love PS for these reasons.. etc.. :)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright teee,

Amy has my Q she advs my Q is more soft white. So no cup and no rose gold. 18k wg unplated all the way.:))

1.2mm diamonds in halo and 1.5mm diamonds shank. Should I up halo stones to 1.3mm?

So I have CAD number 2.
Now I can't decide between bezeled sides to compliment the halo bezeled center and giving me the open gallery I so luv OR.....set sides with tiny baskets and 3 prongs, shank with diamonds would come up to each side providing 1 of the 3 prongs.

:confused::loopy: 1550627948432_51322-QUAD.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright teee,

Amy has my Q she advs my Q is more soft white. So no cup and no rose gold. 18k wg unplated all the way.:))

1.2mm diamonds in halo and 1.5mm diamonds shank. Should I up halo stones to 1.3mm?

So I have CAD number 2.
Now I can't decide between bezeled sides to compliment the halo bezeled center and giving me the open gallery I so luv OR.....set sides with tiny baskets and 3 prongs, shank with diamonds would come up to each side providing 1 of the 3 prongs.

:confused::loopy: 1550627948432_51322-QUAD.jpg

I would bezel the sides to give a more cohesive look. I'd also lose the melee on the shank.

ETA: ...would you consider haloing the sides as well? If that's just "too much" then I'd definitely milgrain all the bezels around the three stones.

Last edited:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my inspiration ring Danhov-LE101-Per-Lei-Three-Stone-Halo-Engagement-Ring-in-White-Gold_gi_22622_2-49386 (1).jpg

This one has bezeled sides.

17973AK_125_PLAT_3-product@2x.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looked more cohesive before.
Now the halo looks like a peg he’s plopped on there

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol!!! Awesome choice of words @Niel !!! 'Plopped Peg' I love it!:lol-2:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ZB! I was checking what was going in your world and saw that you have a warm colored diamond too! yay! and see this amazing design you are working on. Just my thoughts and you don't need to take it lol.... but I would only Bezel do Rose or YG bezel on the inside (see my avatar for the EC) the If you want stark contrast actual halo I would consider the same metal color/material as the rest of the ring. I say this because looking at my Sholdt Semi Bezel/halo ring, my Champagne diamond is more muted all around vs. the EC where there is a stark contrast of the metal to diamond color. If I wanted more stark contrast I would have asked to change the halo part maybe to white gold to be honest then my champagne diamond would "pop" a little more but I wanted a slightly different "tone down" look for the Champagne diamond.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T thank you for your coments.
I was deciding on that very same thing. Stark contrast or like @mrs-b recommend play up the faint brown with 18 rose cup.

Ive decided to go with the extreme contrast. The entire ring 18k wg no rhodium plating.
I searched some photos of my Q as a solitare, which was rose gold just like the 3 stone trellis, both played up the faint brown. Which helped me reach the conclusion of 'contrast'. Especially since it will be a halo.

I'm really excited!!!
20180323_104256-2.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
;-)
I would bezel the sides to give a more cohesive look. I'd also lose the melee on the shank.

ETA: ...would you consider haloing the sides as well? If that's just "too much" then I'd definitely milgrain all the bezels around the three stones.

Hi @msop04!!
I originally only wanted to bezel the center. But DK did sent me a CAD of all three bezeled with halos per my inspiration pic.
My Q looks like she is drowning in the bezel. It might be too large or need to be thinner...but I preferred no bezel. So we will be just modifying the 1st CAD to a few specifications...but I luv the diamonds on the shank;-)

CAD3.jpg

Attachments

• CAD1.jpg
    CAD1.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 26
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results