shape
carat
color
clarity

Date range on a scalloped navette ring?

Kimberly_Elizabeth

Rough_Rock
Hi All, first time poster here. I just purchased this navette style ring from Ruby Lane and I was wondering if anyone could give me a date range for when it was made. From what I've seen this style was popular from the 1860's all the way through the 1920's. The listing simply said Victorian and I was wondering if anyone here could give a more precise range. The diamonds are Old Mine cut and it tested as 14 kt gold, but is unmarked. I've never seen this type of scalloped edge before, so I'm super curious about it. Thanks in advance!

IMG_0793.jpg IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg IMG_0775.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!
The mounting was made to have stones placed all around, but for some reason they were left out.
Who can say why?
It's an antique, and the date range you mention is correct. It's hard to pin down an actual year.

Kimberly_Elizabeth

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful!
The mounting was made to have stones placed all around, but for some reason they were left out.
Who can say why?
It's an antique, and the date range you mention is correct. It's hard to pin down an actual year.

Thank you, that's really interesting about the setting being made to have stones all the way around. It certainly gives it a unique look.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Unless they were removed?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless they were removed?

I thought that too, but the setting would look rough from tool marks where the stones were extracted. I was thinking maybe there were rubies or sapphires in there, but the diamonds would have been far more likely to be removed than colored stones.

Reactions: caf

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I thought that too, but the setting would look rough from tool marks where the stones were extracted. I was thinking maybe there were rubies or sapphires in there, but the diamonds would have been far more likely to be removed than colored stones.

Agreed! I didn’t look that carefully at the setting for marks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results