shape
carat
color
clarity

darkside of ''''interracial'''' relationships

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Kayla, what a gorgeous family you have!!!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 3:52:20 PM
Author: Cinderella
Sorry about digressing further from the topic Kayla, but I was curious to find out what that Polish guy''s repsonse was to Ally. Way to go, Ally!

No prob...there''s no strict topic as such. yah, I was thinking of IR relationships(dating etc.) at first but by the end of my post I was trying to sort out IR social relations..more on a group to group level.

then racial labels were mentioned later(another of my favorite subjects)

So, anything even vaguely.. related is great...it''s totally open..

Ally''s sitch was totally what I had in mind...I wondered what that the guys response(if any) was too.

This reminds me of when one of my friends mentioned that his fraternity bro. roomate(also ''white'') actually had a list(on paper!!) of ethnicities & colors he planned to bed/had bedded with line drawn through.

He was down to black, puerto-rican, and asian(i think he said chinese). My friend(who was dating a Carribean girl) told me in a "Can you believe this nut?" manner but i was still so disgusted. I suppose his roomie thought he had the black-gal hookup or something.
38.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2006 11:11:40 PM
Author: onedrop
Koko and Kayla:

We''ve digressed from the inital topic haven''t we??
9.gif
I started writing something re: the ''white flight'' thing but I deleted it. Instead I will just say that I read with interest what both of you had to say because I went to undergrad in ATL myself. And I can concur that there are some race/class issues going on there. The real reasons why the ''flight'' occurs are myriad I am sure.

Hey onedrop: I''d love to here your thoughts about ''flight'' ''white'' or otherwise! There''s really no strict topic.
4.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Hest!!
5.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Darn. Ally, that guy''s response was so disappointing! I was hoping to hear that you really let him have it, right there in the library, making him look like a fool! Still, I''m really glad that you responded the way you did, disabusing him of the notion that all Asian girls are submissive. It''s really too bad that the other girl was willing to be that stereotypical Asian girl though; that just reinforces the stereotype that Asian women can be used and tossed aside. Bothers the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results