shape
carat
color
clarity

daniel k "union square" setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Derek ingram

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

As a newbie, this forum has been an incredible source of info. My question is about Daniel K union square setting. Has anyone seen this setting in person? I would like to have a split-shank asscher cut gemstone, pave setting made like this, but a have no clue on the size of center stone to begin with. Was thinking maybe 2.5-3.0 carat aquamarine? Does anyone know what type of cost a similar setting like this would be.

Thanks in Advance

Derek

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something tells me you may want to look down this link

IS this (below) the setting you are after for the square stone ? If so, the looks of it with the 2 ct round should give a reasonable hint of the proportions of this ring. A custom cut aqua or light blue sapphire will look awesome in this ring, IMO
5.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This comes from the Daniel K site (bridal styles).

DanKsplit.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just showing enthusiasm
36.gif
Hope this helps.
There aren''t too many square step cut aquas for shows, especially nicely cut ones - so the one below stood up.

aq516.jpg

The stone is quite big (10mm square), but this comes from a custom cutting shop (link) so you could easily have the perfectly fitting version created. I have seen better color aqua on display at this shop before, so that should be feasible as well.

reena

Ideal_Rock
that''s one of my favorite settings--it''s beautiful. i tried on either that exact daniel k setting or one very similar to it at michael c. fina in new york. it''s quite expensive--i believe the one i tried was close to $10k for the setting alone. plus, and you''ll have to double check this, but i do not believe daniel k will sell the setting by itself (ie, without one of his diamonds set in the center).

however, never fear--i am certain you could get a jeweler to make you a similar setting for your aquamarine stone (the ring you''re contemplating sounds GORGEOUS by the way) and for less $$$ too. check out whiteflash.com, icestore.com, artofplatinum.com, and escobardiamonds.com, for starters.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daniel K diamonds (the brand is an arm of a deeper business, including cuting) are sold unbranded elsewhere, and I strongly suspect this is the case for at least some of the settings.

NiceIce may provide - they''ve been listing some of those before Daniel K the brand themselves
20.gif
Chances are I am wrong with this, but from advertising material and sellers'' reputation alone the settings in the "other" store do not appear to be knock offs.

The mirror models are called "Boxter" and "Regal" by both shops. I may well be seeing things ''cause the quality of those pictures is definitely not the same.

Just hope this is not inappropriate for either party.
12.gif

Derek ingram

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the speedy response.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results