shape
carat
color
clarity

Danhov XE101

ODMcTall

Rough_Rock
I am seriously considering placing my 0.9 carat round solitaire into this ring. I currently have the stone on a platinum comfort fit band. While it is beautiful, my fiance and I did not like the look of the solitaire with wedding bands. The stone sits very low, and the bands looked very blah and will not sit flush. :(

Here is my current ring and the new ring we are looking at.

iphone%20122.jpg

XE101.jpg
XE101-2.jpg

I think this will really enhance my center stone.

I'm cautious of my job. I am an optometrist, so I wash my hands quite a bit (why platinum is maybe better than white gold). I also prefer something that doesn't stick up too high (this setting is pretty flat on top.) Don't want to poke any eyes out. I also have small hands with a size 4 finger.

Any reviews or comments about this setting? Or even anyone with a similar setting or halo? I would love some input!

Thanks!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting is very pretty!! It doesn't look like it will poke anybody in the eye!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
It's a pretty pretty setting! I wonder if you have to worry about something hitting it from under?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't care for halo's that don't have wires underneath for support, they can bend over. Please make sure you get insurance.

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
I think it's a really pretty setting and will be perfect for your stone. Have you tried it on with wedding bands yet?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a pretty setting...did you ask JA how many mm it sets up?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful :love: but I am a huge halo lover... :love:

ODMcTall

Rough_Rock
MayK,

You ring is beautiful! I liked you old setting too, seems kind of similar to mine. I saw on some of your old posts that you had problems with the original setting. Was this because of the metal or just the delicacy of pave?

James Allen recommends that I send in my ring yearly to have the prongs tightened, cleaned, etc. I also can get the same ring from a local jeweler for a $1200 more. So I guess I pass up local service for a better price with James Allen. Anyone have experience with constantly sending a ring back to an online jeweler and wish that had just spent more buying it at a jewelers?

-T

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results