shape
carat
color
clarity

DancinGirl''s Wedding Plans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Another less colorful cake with the seashells...and we want snowflakes too!

White Seashell Cake.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
The back of my dress post alterations...with the train bustled!
9.gif

Dress Bustle 1.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
An idea for the Bridemaids and my Maid of Honor...

Bouquet Idea 7.jpg

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
You look stunning -- great dress and it looks gorgeous from the back! I'm using the same flowers, for me though -- are they Martha Stewart? That would be a beautiful bouquet for you w/ pink pearls. kl

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I have no idea where the pics are from, I just copied them from different people's bios on the KNOT website and kept them for my portfolio of bouquets!
21.gif
Thanks for looking! This is fun to put together!

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
This is the front entrance of the Reception Hall where we will be getting married.

GraniteRoseFrontEntrance.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
If I don't get the matching band to my ring...I want something similar to this!

Scott Kay 5 Diamond Band.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
This is the matching band to my ring though...

Verragio Matching Band.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
One View of where the ceremony is planned to take place.

Ceremony Site 1.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Another view from another angle - in this one you can see the side of the hall where the reception will be taking place.

Ceremony Site 2.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
A front View of me in the final fitting...I look like shizzat, so please don't laugh at me!

Small Front View 1.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Full Back View of the Dress and Train...

Small Back View Full 1.jpg

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Pretty dress! I like the last 2 bouquets you posted a lot! Very nice. The reception setting is just gorgeous - I'm a big fan of the outdoor wedding. Looks like everything is coming along great so far!
1.gif

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
KCL1315.jpg

KC1616.jpg

Here are just a couple that I thought were nice. I'll keep looking.

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Maybe adapt this with light blue instead of lavendar?
wed062203

or this
wed052303

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow thanks for those pics. Actually, we have decided on having a large round bouquet, no greenery. We will have a pixture of soft pink, champagne, soft peach, and ivory large and small tea roses, white stephanotis with pearls in the centers scattered amongst them, and soft blue delphinium sprinkled throughout all fully wrapped with ivory ribbon.
love.gif

The bridal party will have some of the same roses I have, as well as more of the soft blue delphiniums, and lavender freesia. Also fully wrapped with powder blue ribbon to match their dresses.
naughty.gif

But keep ideas rollin, nothing is set in stone yet!
naughty.gif

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I don't post alot but wanted to tell you I love your wedding ideas. My boyfriend and I are big fans of the ocean, beach, seashell, etc.so I love your seashell inspired theme. For your cake, there is a guy in Washington state that makes the most extraordinary cakes I have ever seen. Below is a picture of one that he did for an older couple who love gardening. He is not cheap, but he could probably make your snowflake/seashell theme cake. In any case, check out his website, it's got some great ideas and cakes to drool over.
1.gif

http://www.mikesamazingcakes.com/index.html

mikecake.jpg

lislaz

Rough_Rock
I don't have any wedding to plan for...but I want the cakes!!

Wow. That site is amazing.

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I'm in awe!

I absolutely LOVE your dress! I'm so jealous - you are so creative and talented! I'm sorry I'm so late getting in on this thread, but I only recently found the website. :)

Your dress is absolutely stunning...wait, I said that already! I love your bouquet ideas, as well. Stephonotis are my favorite flower. Not really sure why, but all of the pastels and the lavenders will really work well together and be beautiful!

I like the blue cake, but also like the pearlized accents of the square cake.

The centerpieces you are designing are going to be awesome. Also love the pics of the ceremony/reception site. Your wedding is going to be SO much different than mine.. but I won't go into details and steal the thunder from your thread.
1.gif

Please keep us updated as your date gets closer. I'm so excited for you!

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
This is similar to what our cake will look like. (we finally chose one) 4 tiers, round.
It will be all ivory (vanilla buttercreme) on the outside.
appl.gif

47b4da11b3127ccebd9830384c000000001610

The pale pink ribbon will NOT have all that busy design work on it though - it will be plain. The design on the cake will be the pale pink swirlie with light blue accents. No monogram. And fresh flowers on top I think.

We will have seashells placed around bottom of the cake (instead of ON it) and probably some white and brown sugar for sand and snow.

The flavors we chose are:
3.gif

Bottom Tier:
Wedding White Cake
Layer 1: Strawberry Preserve
Layer 2: Chocolate Truffle
Layer 3: Strawberry Preserve

2nd Tier:
Chocolate Cake
Layer 1: Black Cherry
Layer 2: Vanilla Buttercreme
Layer 3: Black Cherry

3rd Tier:
Wedding White Cake
Layer 1: Hazelnut
Layer 2: Chocolate Buttercreme
Layer 3: Hazelnut

Top Tier:
White & Chocolate Cake Combo/ Marble
Layer 1: Chocolate Buttercreme
Layer 2: Baileys
Layer 3: Chocolate Buttercreme

HUNGRY YET!?!?!?
naughty.gif

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
Ohmygosh! That is so yummy! You are planning to invite all of us cool brides from the forum, right?
naughty.gif
I don't think I could resist a cake like that!

SpecialK

Rough_Rock
out of curiosity, where can i find the "bio's" on the knot.com that you mentioned? I love seeing all the pictures/ideas you and Mara have posted about your wedding plans, and would love to see more on the knot.

ps - everything looks like it is coming together beautifully!

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Go to this link and it will direct you to the message boards - this is the one that is called "Advice from Brides" - but if you look to the left there is all sorts of ones there and you can look up on the Local Boards for the one nearest you.

http://www.theknot.com/co_mbmain2ktopics.htm?Object=C2001008

GOOD LUCK!
wavey.gif

BeachBride2005

Rough_Rock
very nice pictures, i like the dress a lot. who makes it?
1.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
I got it at David's Bridal - so I think the maker is Michaelangelo?

slgbug1

Rough_Rock
Dancin Girl,

My proposal is coming anytime now. I live in Boston & have already spent hours & hours searching online for a reception site. I recognized your reception pic as one that I've seen a bunch of times. I think it was a little pricey for me, but loved the look of the place (thinking night reception with drinks on the deck). I read your post about the $$ & argument with the wedding planner. All around, would you recommend it? Are you doing any open bar? Please post pics after! Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results