shape
carat
color
clarity

DancinGirl''s Wedding Plans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so I decided to start a thread kind of like the Knot Bio''s with some of the stuff I am going to be using at my wedding.

I think we all should do it with our own thread here. Like "Mara''s Wedding Plans" and "Jenibear''s Wedding Plans" etc. Sound like a good idea? That way we can all browse each others things and the thread will be strictly to that person, rather than it be a big group thread of everyone''s stuff combined?

So - here I am starting.

This is the Catalog''s back view of my dress. I absolutely LOVE IT! When it is bustled, you won''t even be able to tell it had a train cause it goes right up under those ribbons of tulle.

love.gif

Small Catalog Back View 1.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
A close up of the detailing in the dress.

appl.gif

Bodice Details 2.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
A pic of the placecards I have been handmaking with lots of BEADS and double sided sticky tape! It's a fun project and they are all different and unique - just like me!
9.gif

Place Cards Sample 2.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
And THIS ADORABLE LITTLE CUTIE PIE is Alexandra, my baby half sister. She was about 1 and a half in this picture. She is 2 now. She will be our flower girl when she will be a little over 2 and a half years old. How sweet is she? Don't ya just want to squeeze those cheeks? I love her to pieces, but don't get to see her much anymore since they had to move to NJ.
cry.gif

Small Alex in Hat.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good idea DG...now if only I can get around to it. I have so many ideas I wouldn't know where to start
2.gif
Nothing is decided yet..ahhh!!

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea too. I have a Knottie bio, not much on it but feel free to check it out because I may never get around to posting pics with my plans here. I'm attachment challenged. I even had to email my avatar photo to some else on the forum who graciouslly emailed it back to me cropped and with directions and now I can't figure out how to change it. And I did try it like 10 times on my profile page.

Okay now,my knottie bio is hesmyguy

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
This is what my Bridemaids will be wearing - Powder Blue - Jasmine B2 dress. (2 girls in this dress)

Jasmine B2 Bridesmaid Dress.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
I have 2 Maids of Honor who will wear this dress - also Jasmine B2.

Maids of Honor Dress.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
My Bouquet Idea #1...

Bouquet Idea 1.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
# 2....

Bouquet Idea 2.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
and # 3....

If anyone finds anything similar with ivory/pinks/ and baby blues...let me know and post it here??

Bouquet Idea 3.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
And -- the shoes. I need height being 5'6" and fiance is 6'4" - and yet I can't have spiked heels cause I have had 2 foot surgeries on the same foot from dancing for 20 years.
sad.gif
So far these are comfy.... but ask me about 2 hours into the day I have to wear them! LOL! We'll see next week actually when I have the first fitting! YAY~!
appl.gif

WeddingShoesMonica.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
This was the ring Nick and I were interested in for him (with the diamond) but now after seeing another Christian Bauer, he likes that doesn't have a diamond, we may get that one. I like the diamond one personally - but it's his choice mainly. The other one I can't find a picture of. It has two lines around it closer to the middle and the whole ring has that buffed/rougher look, not polished except the edges. All Platinum of course.

Nick Wedding Ring.jpg

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
DG

I love bouquet #1, it's so dainty and feminine!

win

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WOW, DG!! I love your dress!!
love.gif
I'm a softie for beading on wedding gowns. Beading seems to make the dress so much more special for such a special day!

Your place cards are really kewl! Such a simple idea to create something so unique!
2.gif

We have friends that just got married. When we got their Thank You note, the envelope was sealed with this sticky label. I Paint Shopped off their last name and return mailing address. Thought you might like to see it for an idea.
1.gif

JustMarriedRALabel.jpg

Mocha

Rough_Rock
Absolutely love, love, love bouquet idea #3. The colors are beautiful together and the jewels add the perfect
touch!
2.gif

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Girl, Congratulations! I think the dress will just make you feel like a princess.
12.gif
I especially loved your placecards because I love arts and crafts projects. It seems like it's coming more from the heart. When my cousin got married, she bought some cherry candle jars, and she decorated each and every one of them with both her and her husband's names and date with ribbons and little ornamental flowers. It was nice. I guess for the bouquets; they are all wonderful choices. Bouquet number one has not too much color and not too much plainess to it. Bouquet number two has a very classic feminine style to it that is very simplistic. Bouquet number three is full of life with colour. It's a hard choice. With my personality since I love colours, I would pick bouquet number three. But then again, bouquet number one and two look beautiful as well.
appl.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your responses so far! I think I will take these pics to my florist and tell her I want something similar to all three and see what she comes up with for ideas.

My dress DOES make me feel like a princess, and thankfully I have fitting #1 on Wednesday, so I get to put it on again and start getting the shortening done!

My placecards are definately a labor of love - same with a lot of other things I am trying to make. It is time consuming - but fun. Every one is different and unique (just like me!).

I actually may be doing the candle thing for favors. I have GREAT deal on white votives in glass holders for about 47 cents each if get them through one of my jobs. They are very plain but I can spice them up with either colored paper decoupage, beads, or something like that. I also plan to make some sort of a label that says "Martha & Nicholas ~ September 12, 2004" to put on it, and then either wrap it in tulle or something. We'll see.

Thanks for the address label thing! We'll definately being doing that - I can't wait to have my new labels have us as Mr. & Mrs.!!!
9.gif

Stay tuned for more things I'll be adding!
naughty.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
This is one dress I am looking at for the 2 flowergirls. One will be almost 3 (little sister pictured above) and the other I think will be 6 or 7 (fiance's cousin)

Not a definate yet, but a contender!
21.gif

Flower Girls Dress 1.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Since it is a Seashell and Snowflake theme - these are some seashell cake ideas I have seen that I may pull ideas off of. I am going to try to do one half as snowflakes and one half as seashells I think...but I have to talk to my baker first.

See ideas below...

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Cakes...

Ocean Theme Cake.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Square..

Seashell Square Cake.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Eewwwww, DG!! I'm torn!! I really really like the "beading" of frosting on the square one, but I'm an old traditional round sorta gal.
14.gif
Hummmmm..... They are all beautiful and I love the shells decorations!!
love.gif

Glad I went back thru the cakes. I like the seahorses in the frosting of the top one. Toughie!!
tongue.gif

The FG dress is absolutely adorable!
9.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Here is another bouquet I like a lot...
3.gif

CalaLilyRoses Bouquet.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
This is a experiment with the centerpieces. They are champagne/margarita glasses about a foot high. Our theme being Seashells and Snowflakes - this is artificial snow, a floating candle, and shells from Florida. I can't upload the side view cause the file is too big, but I'll work on it. There will be some sort of floral arrnagement around the stem and around the base. Some centerpieces may have water instrad of the snow.

Centerpiece Top View.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Well the band above was too small for my 6'4" man's hands....so we like one like this now. He may opt for the no diamond band now.
sad.gif

Christian Bauer 1.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
These are my new "Screw these heels - They are killing my feet now, give me comfort" SNEAKERS from Sketchers. I got such a deal on them for $14 and change on sale!!! WOOHOO!! They'll be in the wedding suite at the reception hall waiting for me.
9.gif

Wedding Sneakers 1.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
This is another band idea I have for myself...not sure though.
rolleyes.gif

Wedding Band M1.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results