shape
carat
color
clarity

Dancing Fire...I actually wish you could have come with me!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey DF, thought of you over the weekend. I got invited to a dinner by my rep at Traditional Jewelers in Newport (which I think you know, as they are a ALS dealer). It was insane! The North American JLC president Philippe Bonay was at the dinner and there were only 13 guests to this thing (20 people total, including the 7 JLC and Traditional Jeweler people). It was at the Ritz Restaurant in Newport Beach in the wine room and very intimate.

I was so excited to take photos of all the crazy watches that were being passed around, but I couldn't because this thing was SO high level foo foo! I didn't expect it to be such a small group and commented to my rep jokingly that I had no idea how I got there. She basically said she called the people who were A) interested in the watch company and B) were people she'd want to have dinner with.

Anyway, I thought of you because you would have loved to see the watches and I could have used the help in knowing what the hell I was looking at! Philippe Bonay was wearing a 1.2 million dollar watch. :-o

So I took no pics (and I actually brought a separate pocket camera too since I knew my cell camera would suck - boo!). The only one I can offer you is of the leather little carrying case we got. :rolleyes: :rodent:

DSC_0189.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Dancing Fire...I actually wish you could have come with

TravelingGal|1309199374|2956353 said:
Hey DF, thought of you over the weekend. I got invited to a dinner by my rep at Traditional Jewelers in Newport (which I think you know, as they are a ALS dealer). It was insane! The North American JLC president Philippe Bonay was at the dinner and there were only 13 guests to this thing (20 people total, including the 7 JLC and Traditional Jeweler people). It was at the Ritz Restaurant in Newport Beach in the wine room and very intimate.

I was so excited to take photos of all the crazy watches that were being passed around, but I couldn't because this thing was SO high level foo foo! I didn't expect it to be such a small group and commented to my rep jokingly that I had no idea how I got there. She basically said she called the people who were A) interested in the watch company and B) were people she'd want to have dinner with.

Anyway, I thought of you because you would have loved to see the watches and I could have used the help in knowing what the hell I was looking at! Philippe Bonay was wearing a 1.2 million dollar watch. :-o

So I took no pics (and I actually brought a separate pocket camera too since I knew my cell camera would suck - boo!). The only one I can offer you is of the leather little carrying case we got. :rolleyes: :rodent:
it must be a tourbillion watch with a lot of complications!!..sounds like a fun event. the next time when i am in the area i'll be sure to do some window shopping at Traditional Jewelers.. ;)) they carry Lange,Patek and JLC.. those are my top 3 favored brand..:love: :love:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire|1309219789|2956621 said:
it must be a tourbillion watch with a lot of complications!!..sounds like a fun event. the next time when i am in the area i'll be sure to do some window shopping at Traditional Jewelers.. ;)) they carry Lange,Patek and JLC.. those are my top 3 favored brand..:love: :love:

They had all kinds of stuff I couldn't pronounce. A gyro somethingrather and on and on.

As for Mr. Bonay's watch - TGuy in typical Aussie fashion kind of shrugged and said, "That looks like my dad's Seiko." He had sense enough to only say it loud enough so that only I could hear it!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh, and we got an interesting lesson on minute repeaters too. I couldn't understand most of it, which is why I thought it was a shame that two spots were wasted on TGuy and me. I found it fascinating, but just didn't have the level of appreciation, which is why I thought of you!

At least Traditional Jewelers impressed me and I'll probably buy more from them in terms of jewelry I can't easily replicate in the future. I really like my sales rep.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TravelingGal|1309220373|2956628 said:

They had all kinds of stuff I couldn't pronounce. A gyro somethingrather and on and on.

As for Mr. Bonay's watch - TGuy in typical Aussie fashion kind of shrugged and said, "That looks like my dad's Seiko." He had sense enough to only say it loud enough so that only I could hear it!
must be JLC's Gyrotourbillon perpetual calendar with 8 day power reserve. when i hear the word "tourbilion" ...they are way out of my league.. ;(

http://people.timezone.com/mdisher/decorte/gyro/gyro3med.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire|1309225445|2956698 said:
TravelingGal|1309220373|2956628 said:

must be JLC's Gyrotourbillon perpetual calendar with 8 day power reserve. when i hear the word "tourbilion" ...they are way out of my league.. ;(

http://people.timezone.com/mdisher/decorte/gyro/gyro3med.jpg

There were a few tourbillons floating around...I heard the word a lot. I'll have to look up why tourbillon is expensive. :read:

One of the watches had a complication that broke down the second by sixths. That was fun to watch (no pun intended).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Well found this on the gyro tourbillon...

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2009/6/10/the-jaeger-lecoultre-gyrotourbillon-1-when-you-just-really-n.html

What a shame I simply didn't know what I was looking at. ;(

Just not a women's thing, I guess. When TGuy and I walked in, the owner of the company spoke to TGuy and said, you're in for a treat. He just pointed to me and said, "We're here because of her." It was like walking onto a car lot...everyone just talks to the guy! Maybe because I can't appreciate what the hell a gyro tourbillon is...but neither could TGuy!!

Sad waste of two spots for the dinner, IMHO, but it was still really nice to be able to go.

Oh, and they only had 4 women's watches. All Reversos.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

[quote="TravelingGal|1309228680|

There were a few tourbillons floating around...I heard the word a lot. I'll have to look up why tourbillon is expensive. :read:

One of the watches had a complication that broke down the second by sixths. That was fun to watch (no pun intended).[/quote]

the word "tourbillion" pronounce = tour- be- on. i pronounce it "TOO BEYOND" my wallet.. :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

[quote="TravelingGal|1309228680|2956732
One of the watches had a complication that broke down the second by sixths. That was fun to watch (no pun intended).[/quote]

they are call " double split second chronos" works like a stop watch. IMO...it is a useless everyday function,just a toy,but some boys must have their toys.. :lol:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire|1309287385|2957173 said:
One of the watches had a complication that broke down the second by sixths. That was fun to watch (no pun intended).

they are call " double split second chronos" works like a stop watch. IMO...it is a useless everyday function,just a toy,but some boys must have their toys.. :lol:[/quote]

So is the moonphase watch I recently ordered, but apparently they are still popular!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1309199374|2956353 said:

im very jealous!can i go to the next one please!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TravelingGal|1309287526|2957178 said:
Dancing Fire|1309287385|2957173 said:

they are call " double split second chronos" works like a stop watch. IMO...it is a useless everyday function,just a toy,but some boys must have their toys.. :lol:

So is the moonphase watch I recently ordered, but apparently they are still popular!![/quote]

the MP function is for women to keep track of their menstrual cycle :devil: a full moon every 29 1/2 days.

btw; i love the MP function. :love: my next watch must include MP function.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Cool story!

What did you end up buying???

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal|1311183227|2973091 said:
HI:

Cool story!

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, I have the Zenith Class Elite Moonphase on order. My salesrep knew that when I rsvp'd to the event, so I didn't feel too guilty. If I don't like it, I'll return the Zenith and take a look at JLC again. But I have a feeling I will like it!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TravelingGal|1311280143|2974016 said:
canuk-gal|1311183227|2973091 said:
HI:

Cool story!

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, I have the Zenith Class Elite Moonphase on order. My salesrep knew that when I rsvp'd to the event, so I didn't feel too guilty. If I don't like it, I'll return the Zenith and take a look at JLC again. But I have a feeling I will like it!

TG:

Look forward to seeing "wrist" shots!

cheers--Sharon

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Delicious! I, too, am waiting with baited breath for your new watch to come in. :appl:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted|1311815756|2978479 said:
Delicious! I, too, am waiting with baited breath for your new watch to come in. :appl:

Girl, where have you been???!

Got word my watch will be in this week or next. So hopefully, soon!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sweet DF...wish I could get it for TGuy............

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results