shape
carat
color
clarity

Dan Stair Spinel #1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
on my perfume

DaynaPurpleAsscher8.jpg

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
this one shows off the steps really well, but it''s not as noticeable now I''ve resized the picture
8.gif

DaynaPurpleAsscher9.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 12:04:03 PM
Author: MissDayna
this one shows off the steps really well, but it''s not as noticeable now I''ve resized the picture
8.gif
The colour in this one - WOW!!!! It''s really lovely!

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
upside down

DaynaPurpleAsscher17.jpg

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
upside down again, from a different angle

DaynaPurpleAsscher19.jpg

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
and finally, just for fun, lit up by my wii remote
3.gif

DaynaPurpleAsscher15.jpg

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lauren, I think that is my favourite of all the photos I''ve taken so far, the detail is awesome
9.gif

Dayna

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the color!!!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!

So now that we''ve seen this baby out of the box...what is this other stone you mentioned?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous color!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2009 12:04:03 PM
Author: MissDayna
8.gif

Oh yeah this one is my favorite photo too! Thanks for the "out of the box" photos. It looks like a lovely lovely stone. Your photos show it as being darker than Dan''s photo, do your eyes see it as darker too?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is absolutely a gorgeous color and shaped gem...
30.gif
do you have a setting in mind for it?

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Aww thanks to everyone for your nice comments
1.gif
I actually enjoyed taking pics, it''s really quite fun once you get into it
9.gif

I''m still not sure about setting ideas for this one yet, part of me likes the idea of using it for a wedding band, another part of me doesn''t want to have to wait that long to enjoy staring at it!

It is a bit darker than Dan''s pics, but not as much as I expected it to be - the photos seems to come out alot darker than what my eye picks up.

The mystery ering stone that I mentioned is.....

another Dan stone, a colour shift spinel - here''s the pic he sent me as a little teaser before I make a proper topic with another overload of pics, which will probably be tomorrow as it''s nearly midnight here in the UK and I want to wait for some sun to try and capture the colour shift better.

Dayna

ColourShiftSpinel1.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
The asscher is very pretty! When will you get the round? (and take more photos?
3.gif
)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh the second stone looks very nice too. Of course I''d love to read all the stats and your opinion. And photos, lots of photos. And photos of the two stones together please. Sorry I''m just not very good at waiting. LOL

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Rightyho, it''s been lovely and sunny here today so I''ve finally managed to get some nice pictures showing off the different colours - just need to resize them all in photoshop and then I''ll post lots for you all to enjoy.

9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Start posting pics woman!

ETA: Or at least stats!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Lovely asscher! Aren''t spinel''s fun? Be warned, they''re a gateway stone...

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Mercoledi - oh I know, I came here a few weeks ago looking for a single ering stone, and already I have the asscher, the mystery stone I''m frantically resizing photos of, and I''m away to purchase another gorgeous "something" that Barry Bridgestock has just finished cutting for me - he was also trying to find me an ering stone and what he has come up with is just too lovely to let go, so my mum is very kindly going to get me it for my 21st yay
9.gif

Frekechild - here are the specs to keep you going till the pics get posted, its another Dan spinel,
"This one weighs 1.06 carats, measures 6.27mm and is a nice blue-purple color shifter with good brightness and brilliance. The stone also appears to be flawless under 10x magnification"

Dayna

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What did Barry cut for you?
31.gif

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Barry cut me another colour shift spinel, the pictures he just sent me are beautiful - it appears to be alot lighter than my Dan one.

Pics are all resized now, get ready for eyecandy
21.gif

Dayna

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results