shape
carat
color
clarity

Dan Stair - Spess Asscher "Baby"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I won''t comment on that cause there are (I think) PS''ers who''ve seen this stone done with this cut IRL, so I''ll let them judge it. But I''d say that the darker tone of a rhodolite (and possibly a bit more saturated color) could mask that sharp brilliance you''re seeing in a spess and give a different effect.

But I could be totally wrong of course
9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that was a great call you made sending off that email. Looks like a fantastic stone!! Congrats!!
9.gif

Yeah Spess are really really hard to photograph acurately.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 1:25:49 PM
Author: ma re
I won''t comment on that cause there are (I think) PS''ers who''ve seen this stone done with this cut IRL, so I''ll let them judge it. But I''d say that the darker tone of a rhodolite (and possibly a bit more saturated color) could mask that sharp brilliance you''re seeing in a spess and give a different effect.

But I could be totally wrong of course
9.gif

Hmmm, thanks again Ma Re . . . It''s difficult when you don''t have a lot of local resources to see all the different colored gems in person! Actually, what I''ve seen in stores has been disappointing quality compared to what I''ve seen and bought thanks to PS, so . . . maybe it''s better not to confuse myself with "inferior" stones! LOL

Thanks, Stone Hunter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results