shape
carat
color
clarity

damaged bezel facet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
I have 2 generic H&A stones (0.36 and 0.19) together with another 0.18. Had planned so long on the design and reset as trilogy (similar to MWM). When I brought back the ring, I noticed it looks like a crack on the bezel facet on the 0.19 stone! Wasn’t sure till yesterday when I went to the shop and they took out that stone... suggested that i send to have the stone recut/repolish to salvage whatever''s left. They showed me 10 other stones with similar weight. Said that the stones were done by Russian cutters.
I was glad that I had with me the idealscope because only 2 stones look acceptable (meaning still have slight light leakage yet acceptable). While the rest of them too much light leakage...
Am selling me at cost price S$350 F, G vs clarity. The polishing will cost me S$45 and will be billed to me. I have no idea how it will look like when the stone comes back next Monday. There goes the H&A pattern, as the stone will look like anything but round.
Any suggestions? Should I buy the replacement stone or just use the repolish stone?
cry.gif

Nate

Shiny_Rock
We're talking a small stone here at 0.19ct, I would suggest getting a new one.

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the advice, nate. Just wanted to find out how much will it cost to replace it with a non branded H&A with that size? you see the 3 stones are actually of slight different color grade while looking at the tip of the pavilion. (bought them from different jewelry shops) F(side stone), low G(centre) ,(high H, the damaged one). The stone which the setter is selling are not H&A with light leakage at pavilion, so when look from the top, it does not compliment the centre stone. Do you know anyone who sells them near my area?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results