shape
carat
color
clarity

DAILY WORKOUT THREAD WED 3/16

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning to everyone!

I''ve been off the thread for the good part of a week but I read your posts and WOW!!! everyone is doing amazing!! For all our talk about doing this to look good for impending engagements and weddings it really is for US! Great job ladies!!!!

After my grueling work-weekend at the tradeshow and Monday & Tuesday spent recovering I was back at the gym at 5:30 this morning, did my 45 min arc trainer workout. Still no weights or the circuit training that was recommended during my orientation, I''m still too intimidated but I did lurk around the machines looking
3.gif
Doesn''t that count for something?

Today my workout was as much about stress relief as it was about fitness...I''m more than just a little frustrated with my bf...he still isn''t woking, I came home Sunday night to a somewhat messy apartment with no groceries or cat food...if he was sharing expenses I could afford a personal trainer and if he was working my e-ring would probably be on the way!!!! yuck- I let these situations happen! How crazy that I work 50 hours + at my job and now I''m thinking of getting a pt job! Think it''s time to put my foot down ladies- I hate confrontation but this is driving me crazy!

Thanks for listening to my rant- hope everyone has a great day!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Good to see you''re back!
How was the show? I was thinking of venturing over to the Javitz Center to say hello but my bf doesn''t know about this board and I couldn''t think of any reason to either get away or to get him over there!

My bf was out of work for a year and a half and it was very frustrating. Fortunately, we were living together for only the last three months of it, but ugh... I couldn''t wait until he had a job again!

Workout-wise, I did 45 minutes on the treadmill this morning. I wanted to do an hour because I might be going out to dinner tonight, but I just couldn''t. So, I made a promise with myself that I would do an hour every day next week. I''m determined to get a hot new dress for my birthday (five weeks from today... eek!
6.gif
23.gif
)

Keep up the good work!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
FF...sorry to hear about your BF...but let him know that he needs to earn his keep by at least doing some chores around the house.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ammayer and appletini-

normally he''s a very good "house husband" and he does all the cooking but lately dishes pile up and dust bunnies run wild and I find myself going crazy to get it all done...of course I avoid the whole conversation but by this weekend I am going to have the serious employment discussion because while I don''t mind being the breadwinner I simply can''t afford to be the only one bringing in $$$. he''s not a leech, he has all sorts of social phobias and stuff but time has passed (1 1/2 years,) unemployment ran out long ago and the time has come to get out there and earn his keep!

ammayer- I was so wanting to hit Harry Winston''s this weekend- I didn''t get to do any window shopping at all
8.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Ammayer - I''m shooting for an hour 4 times a week too, but I break it up onto different pieces of equipment, which does help make it go by more quickly.

FF - Maybe he is depressed about not having a job and is feeling paralyzed. Not doing chores, seemingly being lazy etc. is often a sign that someone is feeling down and when your day is unstructured it can be hard to get things done. He may be just as excited about the idea of working again, but be scared too, scared of being rejected, not being able to find one, not being up to snuff once he''s got it.

You are doing so well with getting to the gym. Why don''t you try just one set of reps each day for each muscle group, and then you''ll gradually get acquainted with the equipment and exercises?

I haven''t been to the gym yet since I''ve been at a client all day, but planning on leaving by 2 and heading to the gym for some cardio. I''m going to have to make regular client visits in the morning 3x/wk now for a bit, and that''s going to throw off my gym schedule.
7.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
oh ff, (hug) and good luck!!! Confrontation with a b/f seems to rarely be easy, but better to do it sooner rather than later so that it doesn''t keep festering inside of you. Has he looked into if there are available jobs with little to no people interaction? Computer job??

Everyone, keep up the excellent progress
36.gif
I have to admit that I am really impressed/excited that the workout threads have stayed around for so many weeks!!! I thought it might sort of dwindle off, but you all are doing so good
9.gif

My sister''s gym membership starts this week, so I should be going when she works out and I hope to soon be posting my gym workouts!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Now that my bf is back at work, he''s having a tough time of it. He keeps telling me how much he misses The Price is Right...

FF -- don''t fret about Harry Winston''s... I went there with a friend and they were as nasty as could be. I expected it, so I wasn''t so upset. Next time you''re in the city, go to the Time Warner Building in Columbus Circle and go to Locke''s Diamond on the 5th Floor. They are so nice and took so much time to answer all of our questions. And their prices are closer to wholesale than any other place I''ve seen!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I was bad and talked myself out of the gym last night.
11.gif
My reason, i had gone 4 days in a row with a minimum of 30 min of cardio each time and lifting 2 of the 4. I thought a day of rest wouldnt be too bad and i wanted a glass of wine! Im going today after work... and depending on how crowded it is, try and do a little extra to make up for it.

FF - Good luck with the talk. I know its hard, but agree its better to do it now than later!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Well, I did get to the gym, but I''m not sure it was a good thing. While on the treadmill my eyes started to itch. Then I started feeling pressure in my face. I finished up my stint on the treadmill and walked by a mirror - my face was swollen. I cut my workout short then and by the time I got undressed and into the shower my left eye had swollen shut, with the right eye not far behind, and my sinuses/eustachian tubes were completely blocked.

I don''t have any allergies except to nuts, so I could''t figure out what it could be. A couple of very nice ladies from my gym got me ice and cold towels and benadryl. A friend picked me up, and took me home. My eyes are open again, but I''m not feeling too good. I logged on to send an email to work explaining my abrupt disappearance though, and couldn''t resist a quick peek on PS. Busy day over here.
2.gif

So that''s my whine, see y''all tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results