shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 3/18

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Today was a medium day for me I did 15 on the stair climber and 15 on the bike and then my hour wioht my trianer doing chest and shoulders with 5 min intervals on the stair climber to keep my heart rate up. I think he let me off easy becuase it was my birthday...bless his heart. He also changed our workout in the morning from 8am to 10:30. I hope everyone else is having a spiffy day!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2005 1:51:33 AM
Author: ForteKitty
I didn''t work out today... my body just refused to move any more. The more I thought about it, the more i''m convinced that they must have measured wrong... I don''t see how someone who''s 5''2, weighs 105lbs and wears a size 0 can have 29% body fat! A third of me consists of fat?? They used that laser beam thing... how accurate is it?

It isn''t we talked about that in my dynamics of weight control class. The only ones which are even close to accurate are being fully subersed in water or going in the bod pod. Both measure by having you exhale all of your air and measuring the volume displacment. By the way can I just say that I hate you, 5''2" 105 and a size 0....heaven help me. I am 5''5" 174 and have about 32% body fat (yours has to be way off) if I was your size I would just stare at my flat tummy all day and smile....oh I am jealous
27.gif
32.gif
I want that more then I want a pretty shiney.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
emgift.gif
emcake.gif
Happy Birthday Mata!
emcake.gif
emgift.gif

Ill have to tell you that i dont think i would have gone as my present to myself, but woohoo for going! Such determination!

I skipped out on the gym and decided to participate in celebrating St Pattys Day... I had 4 pints of Guiness! But, i tried to do a little extra the day before knowing i wasnt going to go. Headed back tonite to make up for it too. I feel great!!!
9.gif

Buena - Here is the book i was talking about yesterday. Check out the reviews it has on Amazon... i can do nothing but completly agree with them! Its very easy to use and has easy, medium and hard moves to try on the ball. Great pictures and details to help you figure out what to do. Love crunches on the ball b/c 1. doesnt hurt my back (lower back always grinds into the floor making me stop before my abs are tired) 2. I have a larger range of motion working the entire stomach.

PowerSculpt: The Women's Body Sculpting & Weight Training Workout Using the Exercise Ball
by Paul Frediani

Click on the pic to go to Amazon.

ETA:
Forte Kitty - I know how you feel about your body not wanting to go again. Last Monday i met with a trainer, had a GREAT workout, but was so sore i wanted to die. I couldnt move ANYTHING. It sucked so bad. It wasnt until Friday afternoon that i was able to go to the gym again. So dont get upset that you are sore. Take it easy until you feel you can do it again, walking would be great... the more you move around (despite the pain) the better it will be. Then after a nice little walk, stretch a little. I definitely learned the hard way that i need to stretch after working out. Its helped me a lot since!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday Matadora!!!
emcake.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Matadora, Happy Birthday to you!

(Imagine that sung in a very well intentioned but horrible voice
28.gif
)

So proud of you for going today!

I unfortuantely, didn''t go. I usually take Fridays off (well, I did last Friday but I''m trying to make this all a routine since it''s only my second week of seriousness). But I''m going away this weekend and won''t be able to workout on Sunday so I was going to substitue today instead. But no. My lovely bf got home super late last night after a corporate event and he was all tipsy and hyper and kept me awake much longer than I wanted to be. Then, when the alarm went off I realized it was at 6 AM instead of my usual 6:30 AM so I figured I''d close my eyes for a bit to get that extra half hour in... bad idea. An hour and a half later, I awake to realize I have to get in the shower and take care of my hung-over bf in order to get into work on time. Fun, fun.

So, I have my trainer tomorrow and I''m going to try to be committed and do my usual 45 minutes cardio after my hour with him.

For some good news, my usually tight-but-wearable pants now fit better (still a little tight, but now I can sit in them comfortably instead of just stand in them comforatbly). Also, my back fat (yuck) seems like it''s not protruding as much! My scale broke, so I have no idea how much I weigh or how much I''ve lost, but I''m taking this to mean that there''s been some progress!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
emotion-19.gif
YEA AMM!!!! WAY TO GO!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!
emstar.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Happy Birthday Matatora!
emotion-19.gif
emcake.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Matatora- Happy b-day!!! You must be so excited -> Birthday today and seeing b/f soon!

ForteKitty- I agree with Matatora. Although, you might laugh at the source of the information. I watched the weight loss reality show “The Biggest Loser” and I am almost positive that I remember the contestants having their percentage of body fat measured using a body submersion thing. I think it had something to do with the water that was displaced from the tank when the person was submerged into the water. According to the show, this is the most accurate way to measure it.

njc- Thanks for the book info!! I definitely want to check it out. Sounds like you had an excellent St. Patty’s Day!

ammayernyc- That’s awesome that your clothes are already feeling more loose!! I am definitely envious and can’t wait until I start to get results like you. Great work (very inspiring)!

Blue Chica - I hope you are felling better!

I probably won’t be back to the gym until at least Monday or Tuesday. I have soccer tonight, and I really didn’t want to do anything last night that would make me tight or sore for today. But, that’s a sorry excuse

38.gif
because my sister is also on the team and she went to the gym last night.

I may be in for some hard labor this weekend. I am going to b/f’s grandparents’ for a special anniversary party. He said that right now they are tapping trees, so all of us will probably help out while we are there. Not sure if I am explaining this correctly (I’ve never done it before), but I think earlier this year they shoved pipe things into trees and are draining sugar water into buckets. We are all going to go into their woods and gather the sugar water. I asked b/f how many trees they are tapping. He said, “Oh, about 100 to 150 trees I think” Yipes! At least it will be cool to learn something new and it should be fun, but I could be really sore Monday. And I forgot to mention that it will probably be snowing while we are gathering the buckets.

Have a fun weekend everyone
35.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
This working out stuff is totally stressing me out. Even tho I wear a 0, I am very flabby. No muscle at all. And yes, I have back fat.
14.gif
I can't even walk for 30 mins w/o panting and working up a sweat. And to think I was in tip top shape in high school too.... so sad.
7.gif

btw, that tummy is not flat. There is a very noticible bulge below the belly button, and it folds into when i sit.
38.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
FortheKitty -- it sounds like you should be doing weights as well as some cardio. It seems like you don''t need to lose weight, but rather tone up.

It''s all a matter of self image. I''m sure that most women, including myself, would look at you and think that you were so skinny and why is she complaining... But when you look at yourself all you see is the bad.

It''s hard to get over, even though you know what you''re doing is mostly in your head. When I was in high school, I was skinny. I was 5''5" and weighed less than 110 pounds. However, all I could think about was how fat I was and how my stomach rolled over my pants when I sat. I was extremely self-concious -- to the point where I would not eat in front of people. Now that I''m much heavier I look at pictures of myself and wonder how I could actually think that way. But, that''s how I really felt. So I realize now that I am never going to feel that I am perfect, but I just need to feel good.

Exercise is a good way to start feeling that way...

Just call me miss motivation everybody!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
LOL, i really don''t have a bad body image... i just don''t like the way my sides spill out of my bikini.
9.gif
And I eat a lot... all the time. It''s funny, because I tell people who complain about me being too skinny to grab my upper arms, thighs, or sides, and they always squeal in disgust. I don''t look fat, but it''s definitely there.. all in their squishy fat glory!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results