shape
carat
color
clarity

CVB LAD Communication?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1461962121|4025233 said:
Come on everyone, this has turned ugly and hostile. What started out as an OP 's legitimate guestion to others who may have first hand experience with a vendor, turning into ugly distortion, innuendo, swearing and nonsensical bickering. Ella has issued her warning. This is how threads get closed.

Maybe that is a good thing.

Nothing good comes of this sort of thing because at this point, nothing can.

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1461962476|4025237 said:
ame|1461959490|4025216 said:
WeeOui|1461955682|4025195 said:
I'm not sure I'd say that SunnyD is the one posting with "vitriol" in this thread. The tone didn't get downright nasty until you posted, Ame. Your almost tangible anger in a post that admit you have no stake in is cringe-worthy. Why so nasty?

It was "downright nasty" long before I said anything. But go ahead, check the timeline of posts, I'll wait. I chimed in yesterday, well beyond the point of "bloodbath", because I watched someone lob accusations and make discrediting remarks about a vendor without anything to back them up, and that's not fair, nor is it how things work around here.

But Ame, how (or why) is she supposed to "back them up?" All she can do is give her side of the story. It's not like this is a trial. I would think you would be a little more understanding...like what if people had accused you of making up the issues with your Flyer rings, or saying you were lying about that jeweler?
Had that occurred I would've posted emails, or even more photos, or if I had to, recorded phone conversations. The "receipts." But instead, I just got called crazy, told to get over it, and told that maybe I just need to have a plain band and not own dainty items, because things aren't going to be made to my standards.

So while you tell me that I am not very understanding, and others tell me I am "tangibly angry/spewing vitriol," I beg to differ. I am quite the opposite, probably too understanding, given my history with projects. The difference in this particular instance is that these two women exchanged quite a large number of emails for that period of time, all of which the vendor has on record, and can refer to at any time. So to see Sunny telling all of us that Erica held her hostage and made everything a "literal nightmare," and ruined her engagement, which sounds like a ludicrous amount of exaggeration, and not actual fact, obviously I want to know the facts: what about the transaction was a "literal nightmare" and what about the transaction or item itself "ruined your engagement." Don't just say things like "if you only knew" and "I could write a novel!" Tell your side, with facts. Show me the "receipts." Back it up.

Given that she was on the defensive after the lengthy post disparaging her and her business, the vendor pulled from that huge record of their discussions, and could rebut the claims that this poster made using communications from that transaction. Erica admitted mistakes both in their communications, and in the thread as hindsight, and stated that the mistakes made during the process were also clearly admitted and profusely apologized for, not to mention going out of their way to make sure the customer was able to view the mistake before they started the next round. She also made a pretty generous offer, which I am to assume was made via email as well, based on the wording. So maybe I am expecting too much from her, but clearly, since they exchanged an insane amount of emails over 6+ months, you'd think Sunny would pull some facts from that enormous backlog, but she didn't. She just continued to get more hostile, basically throw a tantrum and "threaten" to expose Erica's dirty laundry, while Erica kept her professional composure and cite facts from the records.

When people accuse other vendors of egregious behavior, they also have the ability to come here and defend themselves. Bryan Boyne can refer to communication and order details and shares those in the thread, and no one climbs up his butt about it. Victor has I believe also done so. Jim Schultz, as well. But somehow when Erica does it, that's different? I don't see how she has to be held to a different standard. And I don't think it's fair that everyone gets to pile on to her, like she's done something unfair, or inappropriate.

She was not curt or unprofessional, she didn't overshare. She did what anyone else in her position would do to rebut the claims made on here, when a transaction has gone so completely off the rails that it just cannot be repaired--but she also went beyond that, because she offered this girl a full refund and return of a completely custom item, unheard of--and left it open ended. And yet, she still got lambasted for that. She can't win even when she's going to lose.

I just cannot take this particular poster's side in this one. I do feel for her because if she returns it now, she's in a seriously screwed up timeline to replace that ring before her wedding. She can wait and return it afterwards and start over. But based on the wording and the things she's said on record? I think she loves it and doesn't want to part with it, regardless of the "ju ju" hanging over it. And I've had pieces with ju ju lingering on them too. So I get that, but part of the bad ju ju is on you, too, based on the "receipts."

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandT|1461938310|4025065 said:
****Just to update on my own experience***

CVB/LAD and I have decided to part ways, refunded me in full which was gracious, and putting this whole band debacle to rest.
Thanks and have a great weekend to everyone :wavey:

Just to be fair, the lack of communication came from both Caysie and Erica this time around. 1st experience was directly with Caysie on a custom piece which was awesome!, 2nd time, (didn't know that Erica was partnering up with Caysie) instead of Caysie emailing me, it was Erica on behalf of Caysie - confused me there, so maybe the mix up of who would email the client back might have been the issue?. third this band, very mixed and lack of communication leading to my frustration.
It isn't a happy ending for either you or them, but certainly the most graceful conclusion. Wishing you all the best with your next project!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I certainly hope this thread gets closed. It keeps popping up like a bad penny. I get that the OP and SD had what they feel were bad experiences. I also firmly believe that the vendor should be able to defend themselves. But move on. This is about a ring for goodness sake. And I don't care if it is an E Ring or a RHR or anything else. Its a piece of jewelry. Something that is really, totally unnecessary. You can certainly get married without one. The venom that I've seen in some of these posts gives me chills. If you want something to be upset or angry about watch the damn news. There is plenty there. I find this squabbling distasteful but also very immature. Who has the time to feel this sort of anger over a ring. Not me. It takes too much energy. I'd love to see this thread just go away.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Elephant in the room: it's a gorgeous engagement ring!
I think it deserves Jewelry Piece of the Week! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this thread should get closed too. I had a similar pile on before with something of mine. The fact of the matter is no vendor gets it right 100% of the time. Even some of the best vendors on here get it wrong some of the time...... If the customer is really inexperience looking at CADs it's really really easy to get that wrong too.

I've had issues with a couple of vendors in the past but have moved past that. If the OP and others have been offered a refund for something they are unhappy with, then they should take it at a time that suits and move on.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1461988259|4025408 said:
I think this thread should get closed too. I had a similar pile on before with something of mine. The fact of the matter is no vendor gets it right 100% of the time. Even some of the best vendors on here get it wrong some of the time...... If the customer is really inexperience looking at CADs it's really really easy to get that wrong too.

I've had issues with a couple of vendors in the past but have moved past that. If the OP and others have been offered a refund for something they are unhappy with, then they should take it at a time that suits and move on.

+1
and I am so sorry I wrote anything in this thread now that it has become this bloodbath!
The vendors have reached out to me about my concerns and yes, I will use them again. I found their follow-up to me very positive, and it goes without saying that their designs and workmanship are outstanding.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
teobdl|1461985392|4025393 said:
Elephant in the room: it's a gorgeous engagement ring!
I think it deserves Jewelry Piece of the Week! :appl:

Jewel of the week is when a consumer posts their ring and tells their story. Not when a vendor posts their pictures. It sounds to me like this poster has been hazed enough. :nono:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are right mayk. The "hazing" is disgusting. It's extremely disappointing that we can not come together on this forum and discuss respectfully an experience(s). The angry villagers with pitchforks mentality is inappropriate. Posters will be afraid to speak out for fear of bullying. We ALL lose when this happens. :(sad

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We're locking this because this particular thread has come to a conclusion. If anyone wishes to post their own personal experiences on their own thread they are welcome to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results