shape
carat
color
clarity

Cute weird little flat top rose cut

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
The Etsy dainty rose cut trend sucked me in a few months ago and I got a 0.25 ct oval rose cut ring set in yellow gold with a halo. Well, when that ring came and I opened the package I was so impressed with how pretty the rose cut was. I started looking right away for a bigger rose cut stone, the better to see the delicate facets. While looking around I came upon this stone. It is weird but I love it. It does not come to a point — just a flat table that is parallel to the underside of the stone. Here is the vendor photo:

B57A2E49-7B70-4116-818B-CF323F15D03E.jpeg

Looks like it has rose cut facets but they are all smooshed to the side.

Seller described it as 0.43 ct. I-J color and SI, translucent. To me the stone looks a lot clearer than many of the so-called transparent rose cuts that other sellers promote on Etsy.

B3FC8856-CE9A-426D-8F30-DFD347349AA5.jpeg
01471D32-D2AB-470A-ADBA-CA8974061521.jpeg

Anyway I’m happy with this weird little stone. But now I have to keep looking for a bigger rose cut with the facets all the way to the top. :lol:

Miss E

Rough_Rock
I love it! I have something similar in white gold that I wear all the time.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It is very darling. I see the appeal! Do you mind sharing details on the vendor?

I yearn to have a nice big rose cut one day...will give me fodder for COVID times :lol:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring/diamond! It reminds me more of a portrait cut, and it really is lovely!

I also would like to know the vendor, if you don't mind sharing ... :)

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
lovely! yes please, share the vendor!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it a lot! Portrait cuts are so charming. To me this is more of a portrait cut than rose, no matter what they call it. Very sweet and fun. Hmmm...maybe one for my list!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the compliments. The vendor is jogigems on Etsy.

I waited to respond because I wanted to make sure the stone was really what it seemed to be. I too thought of it as a portrait cut, but those are rare and expensive so did not want to exaggerate how awesome the stone was until I was more sure. That’s also kind of why I posted it here — to see what comments the stone would get from diamond lovers.

Saw an in-person jeweler today. He confirmed that the stone really is a diamond and that it has no pavilion — which pretty much defines it as a portrait cut. I viewed it under a microscope, too. I feel so lucky with this purchase. Even though it is not crystal clear or perfectly colorless it is still a good find.

Jogigems has posted other portrait-type stones on occasion. They appear to have been truly flat with no pavilion. I have not seen the seller list a stone as portrait cut when in fact it is not. Some stones look like portraits but if you view the video or the photos closeup you can see facets/a pavilion. The seller labels them accurately as rose cut. Overall the seller seems to give honest descriptions and a lot of clear photos plus a video.

‘appy Etsy-hunting, everyone.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
For those who may be interested — James Allen

AA7622FA-9BD7-4616-A295-6299B4404CAA.jpeg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Super elegant!!!
I too am addicted and in love with rose cut diamonds.

ellekay

Rough_Rock
What a pretty little find! I love how delicate it is. It's so fun for me to learn about all these different cuts--I've been fascinated by rose cuts since I saw a pic of Lily Collins' engagement ring.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty little find! I love how delicate it is. It's so fun for me to learn about all these different cuts--I've been fascinated by rose cuts since I saw a pic of Lily Collins' engagement ring.

Yes, her ring is awesome.

asscherwoman

Rough_Rock
I love your little rose cut! she is beautiful and clear :) I agree it looks almost like a hybrid between a portrait and rose. Gorgeous!!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
The Etsy dainty rose cut trend sucked me in a few months ago and I got a 0.25 ct oval rose cut ring set in yellow gold with a halo. Well, when that ring came and I opened the package I was so impressed with how pretty the rose cut was. I started looking right away for a bigger rose cut stone, the better to see the delicate facets. While looking around I came upon this stone. It is weird but I love it. It does not come to a point — just a flat table that is parallel to the underside of the stone. Here is the vendor photo:

B57A2E49-7B70-4116-818B-CF323F15D03E.jpeg

Looks like it has rose cut facets but they are all smooshed to the side.

Seller described it as 0.43 ct. I-J color and SI, translucent. To me the stone looks a lot clearer than many of the so-called transparent rose cuts that other sellers promote on Etsy.

B3FC8856-CE9A-426D-8F30-DFD347349AA5.jpeg
01471D32-D2AB-470A-ADBA-CA8974061521.jpeg

Anyway I’m happy with this weird little stone. But now I have to keep looking for a bigger rose cut with the facets all the way to the top. :lol:

Very pretty and dainty.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I love your weirdo, rosey portrait cut. The bezel is perfect - a modern touch on the stone. It’s like a little piece of Danish mid century modern furniture of your finger.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I love your weirdo, rosey portrait cut. The bezel is perfect - a modern touch on the stone. It’s like a little piece of Danish mid century modern furniture of your finger.

Thank you, I feel very stylish now

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on such a beautiful new piece! I just love the simplicity of it.
I'm so drawn to rose cut diamonds.. there is something magical about them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results