shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut in Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

synth19

Rough_Rock
I got a quote for a .90 diamond (round cut) VS2 and F color IDEAL cut (Excellent Depth/etc.. all specs are excellent!). They jeweler told me the cut is supurb and he reallu likes diamonds cut in Belgium. It''s also GIA certified. Price is $4,300. Do you think this is a good price? Girl wants a 1.0 ct center stone, he also gave me a bunch of 1.0 ct stones, but he says this one looks amazing....

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen the stone yourself? Numbers (specs) and 4Cs are all important, but to know your B/F/S (Brilliance, Fire & Scintillation) you have to look at the stone. Many .90ct can look about the same (if not bigger) as a 1ct. Going over by just .10ct can make a difference in price per carat. Ask your jeweler to line up the stones for you and you can see which one "jumps" out at you the most.
wacko.gif

synth19

Rough_Rock
unfortuently, this is online...so I can't see the difference between the stones. I have a few friends that have used this guy and he is very trustworthy. Just wondering if you guys think there is much of a difference with .90 vs 1.0 He told me this is an excellent stone and to buy this one (rather then a more expensive 1.0 ct stone and a cheaper .90 stone). :confused:

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
If you have gotten good recommendation from friends about this jeweler than you can trust him. You have to let him know exactly what you are looking for, what is important to you. I would ask for the specs and look at the numbers to make sure they are in the IDEAL cut family. It sounds like this jeweler is trying to save you money or get your money worth. Most greedy jewelers would just try to sell you a big rock for more $$$. If time isn't an issue... shop around some more!
1.gif

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
You need to compare the diameter measurements rather than the carat. The .9 could be as large as the 1c stones. Poor cut stones may hide their weight in extra depth or thicker girdles that actually detract from the beauty and apparent size. (read the tutorial)

Another thread said you need a %20 increase in Carat to be noticeable to the eye.

A well cut stone will dazzle and appear large than an average cut of same diameter.

Get the Sarin reports for the stones and plug the numbers into the Cut Adviser

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Who said it was ideal-cut?
What evidence does he have - most so called ideal cut diamonds would not pass muster raound these parts
1.gif

The price is ok, but there are cheaper listings on the front page - but none under stones with known proportions.

+90% of 'Belgian' diamonds are not cut in Belgium - but that is not an issue - the diamond is the diamond.

synth19

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gary, he didnt give me the specs because he had to get the certificate and I didn't have enough time to wait because I called him during my lunch. I will have the full specs listed here once I have more time tomorrow... I do know it's ideal because he ran some other numbers for me on some other stones where he did have the certificates handy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results