shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut Geek question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canadianice

Rough_Rock
I have found a so-called "Super Ideal" cut diamond that has everything I am looking for in colour , size, clarity... and price.

I studied the Sarin report, and the only criticisms I have are the crown angle variance, 33.9-34.9 degree (1.0 variance, avg. 34.4deg), and table size 55.3-56.2 (0.9% variance, avg 55.7).

All of these angles/percentages fall into the "ideal" range.

All other variances for the stone (crown height, pavilion angle, pavilion height) are 0.2-0.4.

Is this too picky? Is 1.0 deg variance acceptable for the crown angle, to be considered a precisely cut diamond?

FYI, Brilliance Scope readings were VH3+ white; VH3+ colour; VH1 scintillation. H&A looked really crisp and defined.

Thanks for any input...

barry

Shiny_Rock
I say you're looking at one heckuva stone.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

canadianice

Rough_Rock
I think so too! Whatever the Brilliance Scope readings are worth, this stone performs really well using that instrument.

What are desirable variances in the angles/percentages, though? What are the tolerances that cutters are striving to achieve in really precise cuts?

Thanks for any info...

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have seen 4 degrees variance and the stone was still H&A's.

What you are attempting to do is an invalid analysis.
you did not state the most important feature - the pav angle?

canadianice

Rough_Rock
Thank you Cut Nut... I don't want to be "invalid"...

The pavilion angle is tight: 40.7-40.9, avg 40.8
Pav depth is 42.8-43.2%, avg. 43%
Crown height is 14.4-14.8%, avg 14.6%

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sweet
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results