shape
carat
color
clarity

cut corned square brilliant..problem because of SI2..link to site

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
why don''t you email them?

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
I am calling goodoldgold tomorrow..they are closed on Monday.

What about the light performance in both, girdle?

What kind of sparkle to you get with the 'cut corner'..like a round? Which of these two diamonds has more facets?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''ll be glad to look at both stones for you and tell you if one is superior to the other. But they both look great online. I think finding out which one is most eye clean would be important to me. But they look good in that respect in the magnified photos.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
It is a different sparkle from a round. Not worse in my opinion. Different. I love the look of fancies that I don''t see in rounds. I LOVE that sqaure mod....

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 8:20:54 PM
Author: moremoremore
It is a different sparkle from a round. Not worse in my opinion. Different. I love the look of fancies that I don''t see in rounds. I LOVE that sqaure mod....

Ditto, MMM... that shape is just gorgeous....
30.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the CCSB is more of a show-stopper because it''s so rare & unique. I''m also not sure if COMPLETELY eye-clean would be a deal-breaker for me on that stone ... if the sparkle is such that it makes it difficult for OTHER PEOPLE to see the inclusion ... I think I could live with being able to see it if I look & stare & search for it. It''s a way to always recognize your stone & make sure it''s never switched! Though - the unique shape & cut would make it pretty difficult to switch anyway!
3.gif

It looks similar to the Tiffany Lucida cut to my eye ... which has a sparkle kind of like a Round Brilliant/Cushion/Princess hybrid. More organized than "crushed glass radiants" ... not quite as pin-pointy as regular Princess ... not quite as "headlight"-like as Round brilliants ... with some chunky faceting of cushions.

Better call 1st thing Eastern Standard time ... this stone''s getting a lot of attention on here!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the Tiffany Lucida & a description of the history of that cut.

tiffanylucidaring6.jpg

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE that stone the more I look at it. I emailed tim. I am about ready to order it, put it on a card, just to check it out! What do you think???

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here is a mini pix of the CCSB from good old gold ... to compare ...

minipixofccsb.jpg

LdyNghtWng

Rough_Rock
I LOVE that CCSB. But then, I am nor a great fan of princess cuts (for a ring, I like them in earrings, go figger!) When I look at a princess on my hand, its seems to pointy and harsh. But as princesses go, that one is gorgeous, too. If you don''t get the CCSB, it would look GREAT on me lol!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is one more view of the Tiffany Lucida ...

anotherviewoflucida.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous !!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do call when they open, Courtney. There are hundreds of people at any time reading these forums who might not even be registered, so good stones do get grabbed up sometimes.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I've looked for the inlusions on the GOG site, and I'll be darned- can't find them. Gaawwssh, that Lucida setting is amazing too...
p.s. the inclusions look pretty much like colorless feathers face up (I didn't check the cert)....Just ask Tim how it looks through the pavillion...but it is a beauty! I'd call them and leave a message if you're worried about it being scooped up but I wouldn't sweat it...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh I like the 2nd one - just because I like the facets of it - it''s gorgeous!!! more unique :) I didn''t even look at the other stuff LOL

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the second one but I am not a princess cut fan at all, so I am a bit biased. If it is eye clean I would not worry, hard to tell from the picture. I just think it is much prettier than a princess cut...would make a stunning ring.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 8:42:32 PM
Author: decodelighted
I think the CCSB is more of a show-stopper because it''s so rare & unique. I''m also not sure if COMPLETELY eye-clean would be a deal-breaker for me on that stone ... if the sparkle is such that it makes it difficult for OTHER PEOPLE to see the inclusion ... I think I could live with being able to see it if I look & stare & search for it. It''s a way to always recognize your stone & make sure it''s never switched! Though - the unique shape & cut would make it pretty difficult to switch anyway!
3.gif

It looks similar to the Tiffany Lucida cut to my eye ... which has a sparkle kind of like a Round Brilliant/Cushion/Princess hybrid. More organized than ''crushed glass radiants'' ... not quite as pin-pointy as regular Princess ... not quite as ''headlight''-like as Round brilliants ... with some chunky faceting of cushions.

Better call 1st thing Eastern Standard time ... this stone''s getting a lot of attention on here!

Hi Courtney-I''ve been following your search and wanted to throw out another vote for the CCSB! That stone is gorgeous

30.gif
If you can''t have the 3+ carat, why not have something that would grab attention because of its uniqueness? And I agree with what Deco says above-if the stone was just a teeny tiny bit not eye-clean, and sparkled like crazy, I would still go for it personally! Good luck!:)

DBM

Shiny_Rock
without looking at the specs of the stones i would just say take a look at the certificates or images and see where the SI is located. An SI around the facet area will be very difficult to spot especially in a princess cut whereas dead center in the table is not as easily obscured.

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
Ok everyone..I think I am going to order it just to see it..if Tim tells me it is good. I know I am meeting with my friends broker Thursday but WHAT IF this diamond is gone by then OR he only has crap, not good prices, etc.

I don't want to risk it.

If I don't lke it, I can return it for $50 so I think it is worth it. All in favor, raise your hand!

emotion-19.gif

ps- so the inclusions look good, even on the pricescope? Is it possible there are more inclusions than the red arrows point out on the microscopic 2?
Calling AS SOOn as I wake up!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I believe that GOG has pointed all of the inclusions out to you...But let''s not forget that there might be some inclusions visible through the pavillion....YOu just need to ask Tim. I say it''s worth $50 to see it for yourself!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you speak to the GOG guys?? What did they say about the stones? Will you get to see one in person?

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
Oh NO! Time emailed me and said that the diamond is on hold with another customer until Wednesday I think. They haven't decided if they want it yet.

Well, if it is meant to be, its meant to be..I am going to call him in a minute..

My broker is calling me within the hour as well, He charges 15% commission and only has the better certificates, no EGL Israel. He said that AGS is not good either and is a cerficate produced by the Zales company? This stone looks aweome to me?

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2542/

I wll let you know what he says...

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
TIM UPDATE-

He said the 1.54 princess is gorgeous and is eye clean. The CCB is also eye clean too.
emwink.gif

I am going to put the princess on hold just in case and will call about the CCD tomorrow to see if the customer took it.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 3:51:33 PM
Author: courtneyclv
He said that AGS is not good either and is a cerficate produced by the Zales company?

THAT is a ridiculous statement. It makes me think your "broker" is an IDIOT ...either woefully misinformed -or- worse, a bold-faced liar.

Here is a link to the American Gemological Lab''s website.
20.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto what deco said about AGS, it is at least as good as GIA and some have argued the details provided by an AGS document are even better. I''m not sure I would trust this guy.

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
I will give you ALL of the specs on the diamonds I see on Thursday. Yes, he may have awesome stones..but after 15%, that has to add up. Plus, I am going for awesome symmetry, and polish as well.

If I don''t see anything, should I go with the 1.54 princess? Are the specs good? What about the inclusions you see.

Light performance is awesome!

gail013

Shiny_Rock
I hope this stone works out for you! Did you ask GOG if they can get your setting, or are you going to buy the setting from your store where you have the credit? It would be easier for you to get it all in one place, so they can take responsibility for setting the stone....

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 3:51:33 PM
Author: courtneyclv
Oh NO! Time emailed me and said that the diamond is on hold with another customer until Wednesday I think. They haven''t decided if they want it yet.

Well, if it is meant to be, its meant to be..I am going to call him in a minute..

My broker is calling me within the hour as well, He charges 15% commission and only has the better certificates, no EGL Israel. He said that AGS is not good either and is a cerficate produced by the Zales company? This stone looks aweome to me?

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2542/

I wll let you know what he says...
I can''t believe this is a professional that you would consider doing business with. I have researched diamonds for only a couple weeks and even I know how ignorant that statement is...

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
I agree..BUT maybe he was just being sarcastic. I will give him th benefit of the doubt. Will post as soon as I speak to him and he lets me know what he has for me to look at.

Let me know about the 1.54 and what you guys think, in detail...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results