shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
I''m looking at getting a setting for a 0.58 ct rectangular radiant made based on the lattice setting designed by Jeff Cooper. The designer settings start at 1ct, so it would have to be made custom anyway. The jeweler mentioned they could do one of two things:

1. Design a wax and cast new, or
2. Rework a larger setting of this style.

I think I''d prefer to just have it cast new from a wax rather than widdled down from an existing ring. Any advice? Should I just ask to have them work it up from scratch?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
From my non-expert impression, I too think reworking a larger ring sounds odd as well. Is he planning on just replacing the head? Or when he says "reworking" does he really mean the entire ring?

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
My impression was the entire ring: meaning narrowing the band, beveling the edges and the head.

Sounds like that just doesn't make sense...why ruin a perfectly good ring, rather than making one new. Why waste the metal?

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
A picture of what I'm envisioning.

2990jeffcooper1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results