shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Ring Design Woes

SB621

Ideal_Rock
So glad everything is working out for you! I'm going to be honest and say though I hate the idea of a PSer sending the vendor a link to the thread. You were comfortable with it but I'm not sure everyone would have been. Regardless it seems you are much more at ease with where this project is going. Plus the vendor is now working on making the ring you want. Post your next round of CADs as I'm curious to see if they are more like your inspiration piece. Goodluck and enjoy!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah I have to say I feel the same way - that's such a terribly intrusive thing to do, and it's honestly more than a bit creepy to know that random people think it's acceptable to interfere with situations that have absolutely nothing to do with them :nono: I wasn't going to say anything since OP doesn't seem to have minded the interference, but...

Anise please do post the CADs. I'm happy to hear that it looks like the project will continue smoothly :))

cmaha I think many of us who have done a fair amount of custom work have had both good and bad experiences, even with beloved PS vendors. You should of course do what you feel comfortable with - if that means never choosing custom, then that's perfectly fine! But I do think the right vendor is out there for anyone who wants to have something custom made, it's just a matter of finding him/her and refusing to settle ::)

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Ah. Due to the CAD style, I also know who we're talking about. I think their diamonds are beautiful. Just want to say that I had a pair of earrings from them that were semi-custom, and I hated them on sight. I don't really want to get into details, but they were absolutely teeny and the setting was much thinner than I thought, they weighed nothing, literally - didn't even register on the scale - and I complained that it couldn't possibly be considered a quality product for what I paid. They took them back. True, I had to get a bit antsy, but they took them back. I was pleased about that, and due to this I would still buy from them. They can be expensive, but their diamonds are to die for - I think they might actually be the sparkliest I've ever seen. And also, they are pretty skilled at what they do. I bet the finished product will be amazing. They are expensive but their workmanship is also wonderful - perfect even in macro close-up. I think the payoff here is that, even though the process is frustrating right now, your ring will stand the test of time and the workmanship will be TDF. That's why you pay so much with this vendor - their skill with metalwork really is fab.

I agree that the PS poster's action was intrusive. I can't bear other people organizing my life for me! But if the OP is happy....and like she said, it does seem to have helped.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1351863777|3297306 said:
So glad everything is working out for you! I'm going to be honest and say though I hate the idea of a PSer sending the vendor a link to the thread. You were comfortable with it but I'm not sure everyone would have been.

Yeah, it's a little surprising to me that someone would do that when the OP didn't want the vendor revealed. Not cool, and I hope this person won't interfere again. But I guess in this case it worked out.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1351867864|3297348 said:
Sarahbear621|1351863777|3297306 said:
So glad everything is working out for you! I'm going to be honest and say though I hate the idea of a PSer sending the vendor a link to the thread. You were comfortable with it but I'm not sure everyone would have been.

Yeah, it's a little surprising to me that someone would do that when the OP didn't want the vendor revealed. Not cool, and I hope this person won't interfere again. But I guess in this case it worked out.

I’m sorry someone emailed them the link, but Im glad they are going to reevaluate the design on both the style and cost aspects.

I cant wait to see the next round of CADs, I bet they are much closer to your vision. I bet the ring will be beautiful :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the OP wanted outside inteference, she would have outed the vendor right from the get-go. This is nobody's business except between both parties.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1351877106|3297404 said:
If the OP wanted outside inteference, she would have outed the vendor right from the get-go. This is nobody's business except between both parties.

Agreed. It really surprises me that someone who has been here long enough to recognize that CAD had the audacity to interject themselves into a vendor/client situation. :nono:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what the heck? I feel like that same person needs to apologize to 1) the OP and 2) the vendor for getting involved! Who knows what was said? The OP really was careful about not wanting to release the name, so I would hope that the vendor understands that the OP wasn't stirring up trouble!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
justginger|1351900995|3297669 said:

Agreed. It really surprises me that someone who has been here long enough to recognize that CAD had the audacity to interject themselves into a vendor/client situation. :nono:

I agree with these thoughts and Yssie's, Sarahbear's, and sonnyjane's comments. When I first read that someone had sent this thread to them, I couldn't help but think "wow, that was pretty damn rude". We should be able to come here for help and then communicate with vendors on our own terms.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

Thank you for saying it Chrono! I was getting irritated seeing how insistent the pushing was. BESIDES the fact that it's THE RULES. :angryfire:

Anise - I'm sorry about the issues you've been having! I worked on the manufacturing side for a bit and know how long and annoying the process can be. I hope things turn around (which it sounds like it has) and hope you get your ring soon. Cant wait to see the pictures! :appl:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry that someone did this but glad everything worked out. Some people just don't have anything better to do than interfere in other people's business. It happened before to me as well on PS and I wasn't happy.

Anise

Rough_Rock
To clarify, I was pretty shocked at whoever e-mailed the vendor. But on the other hand the thread did help the vendor sort out what went wrong much more quickly than if they had to dig through things on their end. The representative I spoke with was very gracious and completely wrote it off when I mentioned how embarrassed I was at the situation. I should also mention that the original SA we were working with also e-mailed my SO to apologize for what happened as well, which I thought was nice.

Sorry this is a few days later than expected, but these are the other views from the CAD we're not going to work with. My SO and I are very much looking forward to seeing the next round of CADs and when I spoke with the designer he was very confidant he understood what I wanted and that he would be able to come up with something I would like.

_1710.jpg

_1711.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I'm really surprised that someone emailed the vendor on your behalf as well. Unfortunately, I've wondered if it has happened with past threads as well. Not cool, but as you said, maybe in this situation it helped you find resolution faster, though I'm confident that this particular vendor and your SO would have been able to clarify the miscommunication without the outside interference.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new rounds of CADs, I really like the idea of the pears. :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im glad that the company wasnt bothered by the person that emailed that. Im sure they could see you were trying your best not to talk about about the company. Shouldnt have happened :nono: But alls well that ends well i guess :)

I was thinking about your ring at work today (this is what I do at work now; think about rings haha) and I was thinking I wonder if they thought buy you saying you wanted diamonds on either side of the pears that you just wanted it on all sides of the shank? Maybe? I wonder where the breakdown was. Oh well, doesnt matter now. onward to your perfect ring!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results