shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom pearl eternity band - mini gold akoya in CvB Legacy :-)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Ahem...I think we need a whole thread on your whole pearl collection!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
a braclete.....
hmmmm ...
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

this word surly needs some magic right now
and Yssie, your fairy ring eternity does just that =)2

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness. A bangle would be out of this world… :love:

Girl. I’m supposed to be saving. I need to save. I haven’t gone to Starbucks in two weeks. You’re not helping… Wait that sounds familiar… :lol:

OMG. We are the worst!!! :lol::lol::lol: Thelma and Louise of jewelry!!!

1633817252561.png

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Heavenly❤️❤️ Pearls in CvB Legacy is a touch of genius, @yssie !!
More pics, please…

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! This is AMAZING. Love the colours, love the execution :kiss2:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
....no words...<3

1633876612315.png

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! Amazing result !!! Congrats!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

HOLY. MOLY. Of course @yssie has great Saturday morning surprises! It just glows.

cheers--Sharon
:bigsmile: Thank you love!! Not too much can beat Friday afternoon FedEx deliveries!! Caysie got this one done in record time ❤️

It really does glow IRL, that’s a great word :love: I feel like we got everything right on this one - the creamy pearls, the metal colour… It’ll be so perfect for low-key don’t-want-diamonds days :love:

Perfection - ohhhhh it's gorgeous!
Thank you!! ::)

Omg, so beautiful! And $14 per pearl?! What! I want a bracelet! Lol these are a prefect size for me :)
OMG yes Takahashi’s stuff is priced SO well for quality - even accounting for shipping!! ❤️

They post lots of mini akoya fairly frequently on IG I think? I had initially asked about a different parcel that they’d posted and Yy responded saying that there were actually three qualities available. In my pic of the three piles of pearls top left was $14 per pearl, top right was $11, and bottom was $8.50. Pricing disclaimer here - these are June prices for a repeat customer, and I think Takahashi is pretty subject to market volatility, but… Y’know, even if pricing has gone up - this is the general range that we’re talking about :bigsmile:

And of course finished strands are always cheaper than buying loose!! ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Ahem...I think we need a whole thread on your whole pearl collection!
Thank you! ::)

I LOVE seeing other people’s collection threads :love: But somehow I’ve never managed to make one of my own… I suppose I’m just so used to seeing my own pieces that they’ve lost their novelty :oops:

I’m waiting on two maybe three more pearls pieces - a pendant, another short strand that Takahashi is holding for me, and maybe a studs upgrade with Andrew - and then I’m DONE. Finally final. Finished. For real. Cut off. Cold turkey. No more pearls!! Ban island awaits. :read: I should do that thread then! ❤️

Such an amazing ring. I have never seen anything like that.
Thank you! I adore Caysie’s style - throwbacks to bygone eras with modern flair and precision craftsmanship :love: And this ring is just so very “me” ::)

a braclete.....
hmmmm ...
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

this word surly needs some magic right now
and Yssie, your fairy ring eternity does just that =)2
:love: :love: :love: :love: :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heavenly❤️❤️ Pearls in CvB Legacy is a touch of genius, @yssie !!
More pics, please…
Thank you! :bigsmile:

I’m running errands today - quickie before I head home ::) My trustee 14k RG stacker band isn’t an exact colour match but it’s close enough. I did this all wrong, the logo on the steering wheel is supposed to be a horse or a bull and I’m supposed to be somewhere fancy not the grocery parking lot - such an Instaembarrassment :lol:

C6217E90-B45E-46F2-888B-E31920F16D19.jpeg

42CA4F15-53E8-4C3A-ADD1-E89DBBDA7C69.jpeg

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! This is AMAZING. Love the colours, love the execution :kiss2:
Thank you!! :love: It all turned out so perfectly, I’m beyond happy :bigsmile:

I considered using white pearls and white metal, seemed more “classic”, but I really wanted to stay away from anything that read “bridal” - even anything that *might* read bridal! The softer golds definitely feel more antique-y, if you sort of look past the luster and orient :bigsmile:

....no words...<3

1633876612315.png
❤️ Thank you!! ❤️

Wow!!! Amazing result !!! Congrats!!!
Thank you!! ::)

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! :bigsmile:

I’m running errands today - quickie before I head home ::) My trustee 14k RG stacker band isn’t an exact colour match but it’s close enough. I did this all wrong, the logo on the steering wheel is supposed to be a horse or a bull and I’m supposed to be somewhere fancy not the grocery parking lot - such an Instaembarrassment :lol:

C6217E90-B45E-46F2-888B-E31920F16D19.jpeg

42CA4F15-53E8-4C3A-ADD1-E89DBBDA7C69.jpeg

after those next 3 pieces you can't be done Yssie
not ever !
i live pearls through you !

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @yssie, this is pure magic. The rose gold against that soft, silky pink is just too beautiful for words!!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
How do you buy from them? Do they have a website? I tried Googling but only saw a Japanese website that I can't make heads or tails of :lol-2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @yssie, this is pure magic. The rose gold against that soft, silky pink is just too beautiful for words!!
Thank you so much Dandi!! ❤️ ::)

How do you buy from them? Do they have a website? I tried Googling but only saw a Japanese website that I can't make heads or tails of :lol-2:
Other PSers and I buy through Instagram (@takahashi_pearl_official). @MakingTheGrade was the PSer who found them! :bigsmile: They’re a wholesaler based in Japan that started selling direct to consumer because of Covid, so buying from them is… Not exactly like buying from a US-based retailer. Here’s a post from @MakingTheGrade about that (link should take you straight to post #37):
And here is @GeliL’s recent experience:

My recommendation when buying from Takahashi is just to be sure to post on PS if you’d like opinions. They have one rep who handles English speaking customers and she is lovely, and you can trust her to find what you’re looking for, the tricky bits are conveying what you’re looking for and interpreting their photos to make sure they got what you wanted to convey! :bigsmile:

Last edited:

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh thank you. You guys put in a lot of work for those gorgeous pearls! I might have to make an IG account. Hmmm.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this on ig and thought it was unusually beautiful, even for CvB.

Stunning!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on ig and thought it was unusually beautiful, even for CvB.

Stunning!
OMG. Caysie’s work is spectacular, having something that someone else singles out in her portfolio is such a compliment! Thank you!! :love:

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
You're very welcome.

The PS art gallery is my favorite--thanks so much for sharing!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took some macro photos today to highlight Caysie's workmanship. These were all taken through a 10x loupe:

A_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

A_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

A_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

A_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

A_5.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please keep in mind that Caysie doesn't work with pearls as matter of course. She uses a few babies - I believe mostly FW - in some of her band designs, but pearls are definitely not her bread-and-butter gemstone.

We pearls people all know that they're soft, and that there's always some size differential between mates, and that even "round" pearls are imperfectly spherical, and that nearly all pearls have some surface unevenness.

Yet looking at the macro photos I just posted - a person who isn't a pearls person would have no idea that pearls aren't just #YetAnotherCalibratedGemstone.
  • There's no gapping between cups/prongs and pearls, despite expected shape and (~0.1mm) size differential.
  • The pearls are all evenly spaced around the band, again despite shape and size differential.
  • The finish is immaculate all over - despite the soft-surfaced gemstones immediately adjacent.
  • The pointy prongtips - all (90) of them!! - are snug right up against the pearls' surfaces, no catching, no scratching.
  • We agreed that the pearls should be glued onto the pegs, and the prongs would be decorative. There isn't a single spot of stray glue residue to be found.

I'm going to make this a bit personal now.

I know there are some on here who consider me a needlessly harsh mistress when it comes to quality and finish. I think my WF DBTY earlier this year, and these photos of Caysie's work - both vendors that, again, don't routinely work with pearls - prove rather conclusively that my expectations are neither unrealistic nor unobtainable.

Jewellers who take pride in their workmanship aren't afraid of the macro lens, and they don't use organic nuance as a scapegoat for imprecise execution. Consumers, don't ever let anyone make you feel obligated to settle for anything less than everything you want.

Last edited:

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
This is beautiful and so unlike anything I've seen. A bracelet would be very lovely.

kah42

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Amazing!!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Knock me over with a feather - OMG !! I'm speechless. That ring is a masterpiece.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3-1.png

2-3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Totally distracted through movie night :halo: Which just so happened to also feature the popcorn kernels that I used for these pics earlier today :lol:

Love the photo of the ring with the kernals!! Should be in a magazine!!!
The tone and size of the pearls yummy!! Beautiful ring!! Great idea too! So antique, modern, elegant and cool!!

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I know there are some on here who consider me a needlessly harsh mistress when it comes to quality and finish. I think my WF DBTY earlier this year, and these photos of Caysie's work - both vendors that, again, don't routinely work with pearls - prove rather conclusively that my expectations are neither unrealistic nor unobtainable.

Jewellers who take pride in their workmanship aren't afraid of the macro lens, and they don't use organic nuance as a scapegoat for imprecise execution. Consumers, don't ever let anyone make you feel obligated to settle for anything less than everything you want.

Needlessly harsh mistress? No, I don't think so.

Exacting? Yes, absolutely.

Nothing wrong with that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results