shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom flush-set soiltiare palladium e-ring

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Woah! I''ve never seen anything like that! Very cool.

Congratulations!

sruzhyo

Rough_Rock
Whoa! Man that ring is awesome!! Love the story as well.

GL with the band :)

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
one of the coolest things (rings) i''ve ever seen. so modern & sleek. love all the thought that you put into choosing to for her. wish you both the best of luck!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
That is a very unique ring! Congratulations to you both and best wishes for the future
35.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
congratulations, rhombus!

a striking design which looks like it''s beautifully executed - the smile on her face would indicate that she loved it :)

MMT

Ideal_Rock
What a cool ring, congratulations to the very happy couple
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/5/2009 8:40:13 AM
Author: MMT
What a cool ring, congratulations to the very happy couple
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
HI:

Ditto!

cheers--Sharon

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations firstly. that is one amazing ering. I absolutely love it - and it''s completely perfect for her fingers if you ask me. it somehow still looks delicate, and I think you''re right about the stone it looks a great size. superb job.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY creative ! She looks happy and the best part is all the love you put into creating it!

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
That ring is the coolest !!! I love it. I soooo wish I could wear a wide band. Congratulations!!

radiant lover

Rough_Rock
congratulations on your engagement!!!!! great job on the ring! it''s very very cool and suits your fiance very well

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love this ring! It''s one of my favorites on PS, which is sort of surprising because I usually prefer antique styles. But this is so beautiful, simple, well balanced, and perfectly suits you. (Hope you''re still around to read this.)

papillon626

Rough_Rock
THAT is an awesome e-ring! Very unique, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
bump - wow this is one hella cool ring!!! I would love to see pictures with the wedding band! So smart! I love smart design :)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
What a unique ring. It looks very strong and indestructible.

teal

Rough_Rock
Ah, Palladium, my favorite metal :) And I am currently in the UP myself, as fiance is Coast Guard. We are in St. Ignace. This is definitely another world up here!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool and unique. Congrats!!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
So cool!!! It looks good on her hand! Congratulations!

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 2:54:01 PM
Author:rhombus

Hi Guys,

Their goldsmith did a fantastic job of burnish-setting the diamond so that its table sits 1 mm over the pillow of metal, and its tip just 2 mm over her finger. To me it looks more elegant than a bezel, and it seems to make the diamond appear a bit bigger than it would in a prong setting. The stone is .83 carat, G color, VS2 clarity, with an ''Ideal'' cut and VG polish and symmetry.

-Rusty

what kind of setting style is this? if this is not a bezel, is the diamond held in place by getting the griddle to sit in the notch

Sparklee

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!

That ring is stunning! I love the stark beauty of the design and it looks fabulous on her hand. Can''t wait to see the entire ring......

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/29/2010 1:18:52 PM
Author: haagen_dazs

Date: 6/30/2009 2:54:01 PM
Author:rhombus

Hi Guys,

Their goldsmith did a fantastic job of burnish-setting the diamond so that its table sits 1 mm over the pillow of metal, and its tip just 2 mm over her finger. To me it looks more elegant than a bezel, and it seems to make the diamond appear a bit bigger than it would in a prong setting. The stone is .83 carat, G color, VS2 clarity, with an ''Ideal'' cut and VG polish and symmetry.

-Rusty

what kind of setting style is this? if this is not a bezel, is the diamond held in place by getting the griddle to sit in the notch
When a stone is set in a burnished or gypsy (faux gypsy, to be technically correct), a seat is carved in the metal, holding the stone in place quite precisly. Then, metal is pushed over the girdle with a burnisher, holding it in place. WHne well executed, it is very safe and looks very sleek. There is, however, some size limitations.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 3:07:45 PM
Author: AnaClare
That is SO flipping cool. I love the story, the thought process, the ring, all of it. Congratulations!!!!!

Sooooo Ditto. I love it. Modern couldn''t be more elegant. Well done, young man!
36.gif

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Very Very cool! The stone does look enormous set that way. Congrats on your engagement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results