shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Eternity Band Questions

Crislyn

Rough_Rock
I am seeking some guidance on eternity rings size 6. My long term bf was recently dx with a rare & very aggressive cancerous brain tumor & we need to get married ASAP! I love the thought of a eternity band so no matter what happens on this cancer journey I can look at this ring & it remind me of “eternity” & never ending love. Please find the following questions I have, appreciate some guidance & honest feedback!

- Most comfortable shape for everyday wear (leaning towards emeralds, ovals, or radiants) no rounds!

- I would assume GIA certified is a must for insurance purposes?

- Love the esthetic & daintiness of “U” shaped but do you think it will hold up for everyday wear?

- Looking to use a jewelry that’s close to wholesale pricing as possible & does QUALITY work. Need some recommendations on jewelers who may specialize or have very good pricing on eternity rings?

- on IG I have been following TD Diamonds & Hamra Diamonds, thoughts on them?

- Realistic cost for a size 6 eternity band (.5-.8 carat each)?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Very sorry to hear about your bf!

The one thing I wanted to point out is that I have an eternity band and I rarely wear it because I don’t find it all that comfortable. You may want to buy an tester to make sure to you love the fit. Also, because eternity bands are often difficult to resize, I would get one that is a little bigger.

DYUNQ 925 Sterling Silver 4mm Emerald Cut Cubic Zirconia CZ Eternity Engagement Wedding Band Ring Size 5 to 8

Last edited:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a uprong round ideal eternity with .10 and it’s $5000. I asked for a quote to go up to .15 and was quoted $8000.you will be much higher than that.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
I'm very sorry to hear about your BF's diagnosis and can certainly appreciate your urgency to get married and to have a ring that symbolized your love for each other.

As a point of comparison, according to James Allen's website, a size 6 emerald cut eternity ring of 7.2 ctw has 18 diamonds so each diamond would be .4 ct. This particular ring (H-I color, SI1-SI2 clarity, 14k white gold) is listed at $15,637.

Since you want larger individual diamonds I would expect the total cost to be higher. Going higher in color and/or clarity or changing the metal to 18k or platinum would also raise the price.

How does this align to your budget for this ring?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I came here to suggest IDJ. Great recommendation!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP: I agree with others that such a large eternity band may not be comfortable so I would buy a "test" version with silver + cz to make sure you are ok with it. The 4ct option from IDJ is lovely, but I would hesitate to go larger than that (but that's just my own personal preference)

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry that you and your boyfriend are going through this.

I had a larger stone eternity band that I never wore because it wasn't comfortable. The larger the stones, the higher it sits on your finger and all the way around.
Wishing you and your boyfriend the best of luck, take care.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I agree with the test run ring scenario. I LOVE my 6.25 ctw asscher eternity ring--it is a stunner. Is it the most comfortable ring--well no, but I wouldn't give it up b/c of that. You get accustomed to the way it feels.

Healing vibes across the miles....

cheers--Sharon

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so sorry to hear about your BF. May you both stay strong as you face this challenging journey together.

I’m in the process of getting an oval eternity band made. Another member just finished his, ~0.30ct each diamond. He showed the spreadsheet of his diamond cost and I think it was about another $2-2.5K for setting. Check out this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diy-eternity-band.260965/page-2#post-4963479.

Blue Nile is currently having a sale on their eternity rings of all sizes and shapes. I was tracking their price since before Xmas and it’s about 30% off now. ID Jewelry also provided a good quote. I decided to go with David Klass to get one custom made based on positive feedback I read on this forum.

I’d thought about doing 0.50ct each but after talking with DK, I figured the depth of the stones would make the band too thick for me and makes it uncomfortable between fingers so I opted for 0.30ct. The cost from going to 0.50ct would also be more than double.

ALH

Rough_Rock
I’m so very sorry to hear about your boyfriend’s diagnosis. I’ll be thinking of you two!

I would recommend IDJ. My engagement ring is from there and we’re in the process of getting our bands. Their work is beautiful and prices are competitive. Yekutiel is fantastic. I’d tell him what you’re looking for and ask about their low profile/comfort fit setting options.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am seeking some guidance on eternity rings size 6. My long term bf was recently dx with a rare & very aggressive cancerous brain tumor & we need to get married ASAP! I love the thought of a eternity band so no matter what happens on this cancer journey I can look at this ring & it remind me of “eternity” & never ending love. Please find the following questions I have, appreciate some guidance & honest feedback!

- Most comfortable shape for everyday wear (leaning towards emeralds, ovals, or radiants) no rounds!

- I would assume GIA certified is a must for insurance purposes?

- Love the esthetic & daintiness of “U” shaped but do you think it will hold up for everyday wear?

- Looking to use a jewelry that’s close to wholesale pricing as possible & does QUALITY work. Need some recommendations on jewelers who may specialize or have very good pricing on eternity rings?

- on IG I have been following TD Diamonds & Hamra Diamonds, thoughts on them?

- Realistic cost for a size 6 eternity band (.5-.8 carat each)?

I’m so sorry to hear about his cancer diagnosis.

u-prong is nice but due to the cancer thing you may wish to go with a bezel setting, as if you need to wear medical gloves while around him, bezels are unlikely to rip them whereas that’s a potential with prongs.

unless you are getting very large (half carat each) diamonds for your eternity, GIA reports on all of them would be prohibitively expensive.

Ok I see you asked about gems .5-.8 ct each. Firstly this would be tens of thousands of dollars for your band - an absolute minimum of 20k but for a very nice one I’d guess significantly more than that - is that your budget? Using a jeweler who can pick well cut diamonds for this is a must, imo. Secondly it will no matter what rise off your finger like half a centimeter or more. A lot of people find big eternities very uncomfortable. Thirdly, at that size, I am not sure that even a bezel setting would allow you to wear it with gloves.

my recommendation would be something like this: https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/products/2-79ctw-emerald-step-cut-eternity-band

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results