shape
carat
color
clarity

custom "DBTY" project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been crushing on DBTY necklaces for quite awhile now, but the size I want for the look I'm after is way out of my price range. I've started thinking about doing a custom project to have one made with stones other than diamonds (NOT SYNTH!). What are some colorless stones that would be good options. Do you think in the end I'd realize savings by going this route or should I just start saving my pennies?

I'm thinking 1-1.5 tcw in wg.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always wait and save up for what you really want. I have wasted too much money over the years! I know now to wait and get what I REALLY want. Don''t settle for less than your real desires! A DBY necklace just won''t be the same with stones other than diamonds, although I do think the aquamarines are beautiful. But diamonds can be worn all the time and are SO much more versatile.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with diamondseeker.

If you''ve GOT to have one, they do great fakes on Ebay with colourless gemstones - do you think you could put up with one of those until you get the real thing?

If not, colourless gemstones to choose from could be white sapphires, topaz, zircon etc.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the words of Veruca Salt..."But I want it now!"

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 1:59:38 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
In the words of Veruca Salt...''But I want it now!''
Aaaaaah I see! Well in that case ........... I''d still order a fake off Ebay!!!

I''ll tell you why. One of my friends was stressing so much about wanting a DBTY. She decided to buy a fake one to tide her over. When she did (and it had similar dimensions to a real one) she realised that actually she didn''t like the way it looked on her. She saved tons of money doing that!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d save my pennies for that. I''ve seen ready made DTBY in cheap gemstones going for $250. That''s $250 less towards buying the real thing.
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have seen DBTY in colored stones, but they were larger in dimension (carat weight) and I loved them.

But if it diamonds you really want, then I also say wait. If you want to do a second project then do colored stones, but get the sparkly white ones, first!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results