shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom ACA Pendant

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a 1/4 carat version of this from a national jewelry store and recently lost it. At first I thought I'd have Whiteflash make me another one with their 1/4 carat ACA melee. Then Brittany at Whiteflash suggested this setting and a larger diamond. She didn't have to twist my arm especially since I'd noticed the setting long before Brittany pointed it out to me. :D I always thought this would be great in a 1/2 carat size so I finally decided why not? I am very pleased with the results.

The pendant is 14K white gold and the diamond is an .534 E VS2 ACA. Link to the diamond stats.

ACApend.jpeg

And here is a perfect model.
Zac.jpg

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A big thank you for Whiteflash for helping me through the selection process. Brittany is always helpful and great to work with and Vera is wonderful and helpful as well.

Here are the pictures from Whiteflash.
pend.jpeg

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Jbake.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is beautiful, Marcy!

I don’t see any prongs. Is the diamond set into the bottom like a bezel/channel? How is it attached at the top?

It looks like it’s floating in raindrop of white gold. Awesome!!:loopy:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so cool! Love how bold it is! Enjoy it! It's beautiful!

Dcrafty1

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful. Brittany is excellent to work with.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous. Wow, looks so huge too. LOL :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Superb! I love it's fluidity!!! also the owner is pretty special herself. Glad you got the larger stone, it's beautiful. :love::love::love::love:

Q

Queenie60

Love this @marcy - unique and beautiful.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really beautiful! The design draws your eye straight to the stone!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy -

How beautiful! Can I ask whose design this is? It's a wonderful idea for a pendant!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at that fire!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous - we need neck shots though!!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, an uber- sparkly dew drop. Seconding the neck shot!!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thats lovely sort of between a rain drop and a shooting star. Very spiffy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Ringo865. The diamond is burnish set (which I had to look up) and now I know it’s like a gypsy set. It looks very securely set anyway.

Thank you ceg. My husband likes solid / chunky jewelry and I think it’s the first pendant he likes.

Thank you Dcrafty1. Yes, I’ve worked with Brittany several times and she is great.

Thank you ccuheartnurse. I agree; I think it looks larger than a 1/2 carat. I was considering 3 diamonds but went with the E .534 carat because that was what my first ideal cut diamond was years ago.

Thank you Kate. I like how well it fits in the setting. I had a similar style pendant and earrings from Zales years ago in YG. I might have to get some earrings made to match at some point.

Thank you Queenie60. I like a pear shape on my neck and think it works great with a solitaire.

Thank you tyty333. It was funny how I noticed this setting the first time I went through about 40 pages of settings; at the time I was trying to be thrifty and stick with the 1/4 carat size. I am glad I decided what the heck - I may as well get what I want now.

Thank you mrs-b. The original 1/4 carat was from Jared’s. At the time it was just listed as an ideal cut diamond; I see now they have it as one of their Heart’s Desire pieces but it’s also on clearance now. The setting is from Adwar. They had similar 1/4 carat sized settings but I liked the crispness and lines of this one better plus it was for a larger diamond.

Thank you Michelle. I was trying to catch some fire shots this morning but sun was fleeting. I need to take it down to the man cave for some photos; my husband has those tiny spotlights over his poker table.

Thank you MissGotRocks. I’ll try to get a better neck shot than the one I have; I have short arms so my selfies always make my neck look all scrunched up. LOL.

Thank you kipari. It is very sparkly.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Unique and elegant

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you quaddio.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Cokitty. I like thinking of it as a shooting star.

cettesaphir

Rough_Rock
This is absolutely stunning, I love how unique yet simple it is! :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you cettesaphir.

alpha238

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful pendant. I know you’ll enjoy wearing it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you alpha238! I will enjoy wearing it.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a 1/4 carat version of this from a national jewelry store and recently lost it. At first I thought I'd have Whiteflash make me another one with their 1/4 carat ACA melee. Then Brittany at Whiteflash suggested this setting and a larger diamond. She didn't have to twist my arm especially since I'd noticed the setting long before Brittany pointed it out to me. :D I always thought this would be great in a 1/2 carat size so I finally decided why not? I am very pleased with the results.

The pendant is 14K white gold and the diamond is an .534 E VS2 ACA. Link to the diamond stats.

ACApend.jpeg

And here is a perfect model.
Zac.jpg

Marcy

I love the metal tear drop semi bezel with a Round diamond as it gives the appearance of a pear from afar but better performing (usually) than a pear diamond of the same size. It looks very substantial on you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you MissGotRocks

Thank you D&T. I agree; I think pear shaped diamonds look great in pendants but the rounds give you better performance. My husband even likes it because it is a chunky piece of jewelry.

Reactions: D&T

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect on you!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous! Really really love this round in a pear design and it looks substantial!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results