shape
carat
color
clarity

cusion concave sapphire diamond e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JenRug

Rough_Rock
hello everyone, i''ve been reading these forums for months as my boyfriend and i decided on engagement rings. and now no longer a silent participant, i wanted to post our final purchase! it''s a cushion cut concave sapphire ring, 1.2 carats, with 0.5 carats of diamonds surrounding. we had it custom made to look somewhat like the tiffs legacy. i was sad at first that the cushion was not as square as some, but the more i look at it maybe the more i like it. we opted for a sapphire instead of a diamond to save $$$ as we are both still in grad school. what do yenz all think?
4.gif

myring1jenjoekla.JPG

JenRug

Rough_Rock
and here is a side view
5.gif

myring2jenjoekla.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think WOW - it looks gorgeous! Can you get some shots without the flash? I''d love to see that stone w/o the glare.
3.gif

JenRug

Rough_Rock
this one is a bit blurrier, but shows the color pretty accurately...

jenjkla3.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely lovely!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

widget

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is just gorgeous. thank you for coming out of lurkdom and sharing it with us.

shay

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That last pic with the color is fabulous - what a great color!!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I think that''s a great idea for an engagement ring! I love the contrast of sapphires and diamonds together. It''s really beautiful (I own a cushion cut halo ring, too, so I''m a bit biased!).

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so beautiful!!
I love the Legacy ring, and this is a beautiful rendition. Did you have that done at a local jeweler?

I think diamonds and blue sapphires are such a timeless and classy combo. Of course, sapph is my birthstone so I am biased. lol

more pics please!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/9/2006 7:35:41 PM
Author:JenRug
what do yenz all think?
4.gif

First of all, congratulations on your engagement and a beautiful ring.

Second, I grew up in Pittsburgh and your "yenz" really warmed my heart! It's been a long time since I talked to someone back home...

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
I think that ring is beautiful... Its very eye catching with that blue center stone. WOW

Jeweler did a nice job on the tiffany legacy theme...it looks really good.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to both of you!

Your ring is beautiful. Wear it in good health and lots of future happiness to follow!!
36.gif

JenRug

Rough_Rock
thank you all so far for the nice comments!!!

and i am also a displaced pittsburgher d-j, i''m in grad school way out in cali. but our wedding will definitely be back in the burgh.
31.gif
my fiance is from detroit, so it was very appropriate that they won the super bowl there this year!

i wanted the tiffanys legacy with a blue sapphire (also my birthstone sophie!) but when we went to the tiffs store, they told us that blue sapphires were just as expensive as diamonds and if we wanted one, the piece would have to be first APPROVED, then custom made and take 3-4 months to complete, all with additional charges. so we started looking at diamond legacy rings. but the carats (never mind color, clarity, etc!) at the price we could afford were disheartening. i''m an eccentric gal and i like edgy, loud fashion -- there was no way personally i could have rocked a tiny ring.

so we went back to what i wanted originally (legacy w. blue sapphire) and ended up great!!!

JenRug

Rough_Rock
oops sorry forgot to mention that we went to an e-jeweler and that''s what ended up great -- getting what i wanted without the tiffanys overhead!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I just love your cushion sapphire. It just looks so gorgeous! I also love the idea of non-diamond engagement rings. And a cushion sapphire to boot. Soooo HOT! Congrats and enjoy.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!

I don''t think you really did any compromising on selecting this for your ering - it''s absolutely stunning! The blue colour is fantastic, and the setting itself is gorgeous. I think the sapphire probably shows off the setting more than a diamond would, with the contrast between it and the diamonds. If you do feel the need to get a diamond ring in the future, this would make a great RHR too.

I''ll have to file this away for a future project!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s just gorgeous!!! The setting is lovely as well. Congrats on your engagement!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous. i just love blue sapphire and want one someday. the setting turned out beautifully too. congrats..

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I really like it!! I have always loved sapphires and diamonds together. Congratulations on your engagement!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Sooooooooooo pretty!!
30.gif
More pics!!!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ooooh it''s gorgeous!!! thanks for sharing!!!
30.gif
30.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2006 8:55:20 PM
Author: JenRug
oops sorry forgot to mention that we went to an e-jeweler and that''s what ended up great -- getting what i wanted without the tiffanys overhead!

great choice!!
For me, there is no thrill in having the Tiffany name. I would much rather have my money in my pocket.
3.gif

Care to share which e-jeweler made it?? They deserve a shout out, I think!!

Oh, and did you have them make your wedding band already? Some find it easier to do it all at once.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful ring! Congratulations!!!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, gorgeous!!! I love the blue color

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and TOTALLY unique!! I love those concave cuts. Congratulations!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
JenRug, your ring looks gorgeous! Congratulations to you and your sweetheart! Have you picked out a wedding band yet?

Sugarbritches

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring Jen!That concave sapphire is yummy!
18.gif
I am also going with a non traditional ering. I like being different!
10.gif

Congratulations on your engagement.

Chi

Shiny_Rock
I love the 3rd pic...it is really gorgeous...congratulations on your engagement...
21.gif

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love sapphires and hope to have a RHR with them someday!
face23.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous ring. Congratulations.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results