shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushions aside from AVC's

greenmoose

Rough_Rock
Hello. I'm curious to know what people think of cushions that are not AVC's. Not to offend anyone but I'm just curious.

I'd like to know what people's thought are on these stones or how to assess them in terms of the performance of the AVC's? Is the ASET the best way to determine performance?

Do they face up white as is the consensus with the AVC's?

Do they seem to have as prominent a maltese cross as the AVC's display?

I'd love to hear opinions

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regular cushions have to be evaluated stone by stone. Not all vendors supply pictures and ASET, and that is why the AVC's are popular because they are cut to have great symmetry and light perfomance. I really don't see any way to shop for a generic cushion without pictures and ASET because they vary so widely.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I was lucky enough to visit GoG and see their AVCs in person and my FH and I were just blown away by them. Even on a cloudy day like today the beautiful colors coming off the stone when we viewed them by the window was stunning. We have looked at several other generic cushions from some great vendors but just could not find any gave off the same kind of fire and brilliance . We were also really impressed by GoG's great customer service not only from Jon but from all of their staff. I am def no diamond expert but all I can say is that if you find yourself drawn to AVCs than you are in for a real treat :)..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
greenmoose|1297549577|2850248 said:
Hello. I'm curious to know what people think of cushions that are not AVC's. Not to offend anyone but I'm just curious.

I'd like to know what people's thought are on these stones or how to assess them in terms of the performance of the AVC's? Is the ASET the best way to determine performance?

Do they face up white as is the consensus with the AVC's?

Do they seem to have as prominent a maltese cross as the AVC's display?

I'd love to hear opinions

Hi Greenmoose,

It is not possible to generalize as cushions can vary so much in type, appearance and performance as DS says. Each has to be evaluated on a case by case basis. That said, this is an excellent video which shows some of the different types of cushion cuts available and tips on how to evaluate them.

http://www.vimeo.com/7579666

Another useful video, comparing chunky facet structure cushion with modern facet structure cushions,

http://vimeo.com/4617895

Comparing generic vintage cushions,

http://vimeo.com/17449088

Another video comparing cushion cuts,

http://vimeo.com/2522834

greenmoose

Rough_Rock
Re: Cushions and then AVC's

Hospatogi|1297575194|2850594 said:
We have looked at several other generic cushions from some great vendors but just could not find any gave off the same kind of fire and brilliance . We were also really impressed by GoG's great customer service not only from Jon but from all of their staff. I am def no diamond expert but all I can say is that if you find yourself drawn to AVCs than you are in for a real treat....

Simply put....the August Vintage Cushions are absolutely beautiful and truly a stunning creation by Jon and for this he deserves the utmost regard and praise. I've personally already told Jonathan this, but throughout the last couple months as I've searched, him and particularly Sarah have been quite possibly the most understanding, patient and considerate people I have ever dealt with. It is truly a pleasure dealing with them and despite my numerous questions and emails and persistence in trying to find just the right stone, they have remained patient and understanding and just remarkably great people. Absolutely people of solid character =)

I've taken a wander and looked around at the alternatives (this question and some of my other posts on this forum an inquiry to this end) and I am just completely drawn to the perfection and beauty of the AVC's. I'm nothing but wonderfully impressed with GOG and the AVC's (and by proxy Jonathan and his staff) and believe I'm in for just an unbelievable treat once I find the right AVC. But more importantly, I believe that my girlfriend is going to receive the most beautiful thing I can find her =)

The AVC's are definitely worth waiting for and I'm doing a rain dance to the waiting list gods at GOG....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful post. :appl: I just have to agree with you because Jonathan is just an extremely fine person who happens to sell the most fabulous diamonds! I absolutely love AVC's and hope I can figure out how to get one someday! Best of luck to you in getting what you are seeking!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results