shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Price Verification

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 1:37:25 PM
Author: m0ney_j

Date: 8/31/2009 10:59:02 AM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover
I arranged an appointment next Monday at 1:30PM with Odile she is the founder of the EGM school (listed on the CJA list you posted) and still teaches there and does professional appraisal work. In her school she has a table top ASET(much easier to get the lighting and alignment correct) so that would be much better than my handheld and she will bring it to her office as part of the appraisal. The appraisal cost in Montreal is standard it seems at $75(at least from three people I called) which is pretty good in my opinion. Bring your camera she doesn''t have a camera setup for the ASET but could probably snap a picture through the lense I will be doing this.

Her office is at 1290 Van Horne not at the school address listed on the CJA. If you can''t make that appointment you can contact her and get a list of times that work for you and I''ll pick one that I can make. I would be happy to make the appointments one after another so that I can see your stone and vice versa while I am there getting our ring appraised.

Regards,
CCL
Thanks CCL,

I actually talked to Odile last week and was planning to possibly go get my appraisal this Friday (she had told me to call on the day before to make the appointment). I don''t want to force you to move your appointment by any means but I think I am aiming for Thursday or Friday this week. If she has her own table top ASET than I will probably just call and ask her if I can see it with that equipment instead. On the other hand if you are able to make it, I would definitely be glad to go on the same day. I am actually out of town until tomorrow afternoon so I am only going to be able to contact Odile when I get back. I''ll post my times when I talk to her tomorrow.

m0ney_j
Sooner is better for me(we are not insured until we get the appraisal) let me know what she says and mention the ASET.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
I made my appointment 1 hour before yours so I will be there when you arrive.

m0ney_j

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 11:20:37 AM

Sorry CCL, totally forgot to post my time. I am still waiting if I can get my ring on time for my appointment. Anxious to see how it turns out but I''ll only know tomorrow afternoon if I''ll be able to make it.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 1:39:49 PM
Author: m0ney_j

Date: 9/2/2009 11:20:37 AM

Sorry CCL, totally forgot to post my time. I am still waiting if I can get my ring on time for my appointment. Anxious to see how it turns out but I''ll only know tomorrow afternoon if I''ll be able to make it.
I asked Odile yours was at 2pm so mine is at 1pm if you make any changes please post here or e-mail [email protected], otherwise I am going to go ahead with my appointment.

m0ney_j

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Just an update - I bought the diamond and it appraised out to my approval. As of last night I am officially engaged !!!

Posting the cert as promised and pics will come shortly. The plot of the diamond is different from any cushion I had seen so I wanted to share. Thanks again to all the advise from everyone this whole time.

HRDcushionPlot.jpg

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! I hope you will have a long and happy marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results