shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion pendant ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
HI- I have an appointment with leon next friday about a different project and I am going to bring my cushion with me. After meeting Ari at Singlestone... I have had all sorts of inspirations. Lots of wine on thanksgiving got me drawing (or cutting and pasting) and I finally figured out my scanner. gypsy's pic motivated me... and then I saw a new cushion ring on the Aop website with marquise sides so i searched all through the estate jewelry web sites to get more Art deco type ideas. here are some pics... but i did not label them well. I need advice! what do you like?

The top right is sort of like LM's concept with pave bale and 3 marquise shaped diamonds. The two pics at 9:00 pm are similar... one with round diamond at top (bezel set) and the other is with an inverted square. Between these and my cushion i could do tear drop type shape with pave melee on inside... or more of a marquise shape. The very bottom left and right pic is from Art deco earrings that were part of my inspiration. So the picture at 6 pm is like gypsy's suggestion... but instead of chain attatched to cushion... I would have links with pave. The short/ middle/ long are different places I could have pendant stop and be attached to chain.

Does that make sense? what do ya like???

cushion ideas 1.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Green, I am not good at photoshop so please forgive me, but I added a pic. I think the middle stuff is too busy and you want to show off that lovely stone.

I think a dbty go through the bezel would be very elegant and beautiful! I drew the dbty go through in case you were wondering what I was saying similar to the blue spinel in the dbty but w/o the bale. Does that make sense. I think it will show the diamond off better.

cushion20ideas201.jpg

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying to decide if the small DBTY additions will drive me crazy if they flip? This is my original idea... very simple.

simple cushion.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that; I like how Giada's necklace isn't long. I thought this my be fun for you to see since they are dbty; I hope you don't mind me posting but I love her dbty and think that would be lovely w/your cushion!

giadadnecklace.jpg

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I have a fake long DBTY that I got at Nordstroms and I wear it all the time alone or with other things. That layered look really does look fun. great- thanks a lot- now I need two or three more diamonds for other necklaces!!!!
31.gif

I just got obsessed trying to do some thing ''different'' because LM said my oiginal idea was boring... even with pave halo. But he is not a necklace guy. Ari at SS said it is really in style now to have a halo... but the fad might pass so I should do something classic. So this is why I searched all the antique jewelry sites to copy a classic estate piece and my mind (lots of wine in the system) started drawing ideas!

Ari likes solitaire with just a thin double milgrained bezel like my pic above. So have to decide if I want some engraving on the sides... or Ari thinks it would be cool to add some single cut melee around the edges, but not on the front- as sort of a surprise of fire from the sides.

suedapooh

Rough_Rock
Wow Green! Where did you find those necklace pictures? they are amazing!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Which ones? I found some at jewelry store sites, some on other Ps posts, drew some myself, or printed pictures of other things and cut and pasted... and then scanned image to computer. I don''t know how to photoshop, unfortunately.

suedapooh

Rough_Rock
specifically, wondering where i can find the blue cushion pendants. wow!

btw, your skills are definitely not lacking :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2007 8:22:48 PM
Author: Green with Envy
I have a fake long DBTY that I got at Nordstroms and I wear it all the time alone or with other things. That layered look really does look fun. great- thanks a lot- now I need two or three more diamonds for other necklaces!!!!
31.gif

I just got obsessed trying to do some thing ''different'' because LM said my oiginal idea was boring... even with pave halo. But he is not a necklace guy. Ari at SS said it is really in style now to have a halo... but the fad might pass so I should do something classic. So this is why I searched all the antique jewelry sites to copy a classic estate piece and my mind (lots of wine in the system) started drawing ideas!

Ari likes solitaire with just a thin double milgrained bezel like my pic above. So have to decide if I want some engraving on the sides... or Ari thinks it would be cool to add some single cut melee around the edges, but not on the front- as sort of a surprise of fire from the sides.
Ok, I like this idea, but then, I like simple. To me, it (simple) can be quite elegant, and can also be dressed up, or down. Best of both worlds, which I love.

And I kinda like the idea of the melee on the edges, as long as they''re really small.

And I would do it E/W, like in one of the pics on the first page. But that''s just me.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Yep- I think I am going with melee. It is going to be VERY VERY small single cuts. And east west.

That blue cushion I found on a thread for someone looking for ideas--- I believe WF made the finished project.

here...http://com.pricescope.com/photos/stones/category1002/picture1549.aspx

It is Matatora''s and beautiful!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is pretty and a little different

501706.jpg

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
i really like that last pic. I think it looks extra good with a colored stone. i am not sure why the pros don''t want to put a halo around my cushion... too much bling?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
If I kept the front simple with just the milgrain bezels... maybe I could have the sides look like this!!!

engraving and melee.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you page Iwannaprettyone I bet she will help you. I think she has a thread in SMTR where you could page her, just a thought. I know she does awesome w/photoshop
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Green-

I LOVE Ari's idea of the double milgrained bezel w/ melee on the sides....I think that sounds absolutely gorgeous!!! I have been thinking about getting something like this (an oec/cushion bezel pendant-love those older looking stones!) made for myself for awhile now....I cant wait to see what you do....then I just may have to put my plan into action after I see yours!! lol!

Best of luck!!! I'm sure whatever you choose will be beautiful!!!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes- after 100 ideas... I think I''m just going to go with Ari''s original suggestion. he has a pair of OMC stud earrings set the same way and they look great. It is something about the milgrained double bezel that really "FITS" with the vintage type stones. I will be seeing him in a little over a week.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/25/2007 7:40:27 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 11/24/2007 1:45:22 PM
If I kept the front simple with just the milgrain bezels... maybe I could have the sides look like this!!!
Oh! Where ever did you find this ring? I love it!

Someone helped me find the ring online.... he has some other cool ones with diamonds and rubies that I love!
Just google "Dmitriy Pavlov" Yes- that is the exact spelling and I have NO IDEA how to pronouce it!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2007 7:27:52 PM
Yes- after 100 ideas... I think I'm just going to go with Ari's original suggestion. he has a pair of OMC stud earrings set the same way and they look great. It is something about the milgrained double bezel that really 'FITS' with the vintage type stones. I will be seeing him in a little over a week.

Yes!!! I agree completely!!! It is going to be just beautiful!!

Will you be able to go to see Ari in person, or will you just send the stone to him? And, how long will it take to complete? Can't wait to see it when its all done!!!
36.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/25/2007 8:23:12 PM
Author: Dani

Yes- after 100 ideas... I think I''m just going to go with Ari''s original suggestion. he has a pair of OMC stud earrings set the same way and they look great. It is something about the milgrained double bezel that really ''FITS'' with the vintage type stones. I will be seeing him in a little over a week.

Yes!!! I agree completely!!! It is going to be just beautiful!!

Will you be able to go to see Ari in person, or will you just send the stone to him? And, how long will it take to complete? Can''t wait to see it when its all done!!!
36.gif

It is a bummer that I am 2500 miles away from GOG or the NYC jewelry district... BUT, Oh, yes! I am a lucky ducky! I live in LA and Ari is about 15 miles away! I actually asked when I was there if I could take some pics for PS... but he does not prefer cameras of his work, understandable. I have been to his showroom twice now and he is very passionate about his jewelry. Since we have not finalized plans... not sure how long it will take yet. I will keep folks posted!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
LOL, Green, Iive about 30 miles away from NYC, but I would LOOOOVE to be where you are and be able to visit Singlestone in person...I think I would be in heaven!.....
2.gif
I wish Ari would allow you to take some pics....
15.gif
I really cant wait to see what you end up doing, I just know it will be GORGEOUS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

lumen_ph

Rough_Rock
your stone''s a beauty. try a setting from angara.com. they customized a setting for my exotic 2.7 cts. sapphire which looks gr8.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 6:09:21 AM
Author: lumen_ph
your stone''s a beauty. try a setting from angara.com. they customized a setting for my exotic 2.7 cts. sapphire which looks gr8.
Lumen_ph! you must be too new to PS to know the RULES!!! You can not hint about a customized setting for your sapphire without including PICTURES!!! Post them on the colored stone forum... we would love to see!

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
I liked your original idea, bezel set. Leon would still do it and it wouldn''t cost much. Also Skippy''s last necklace is nice. I agree with Ari about a micropave halo...I think a more "classic" look with smaller stones is some sort of cluster, do you know what I mean? Larger melee in a light metal structure. But I''ve seen that more for rings and earrings. Not sure if pendants were made that way as well, but I don''t see why not.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/25/2007 10:21:23 PM
he does not prefer cameras of his work
because your pictures will probably turn out better than the ones on his website??
3.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yes- after 100 ideas... I think I''m just going to go with Ari''s original suggestion. he has a pair of OMC stud earrings set the same way and they look great. It is something about the milgrained double bezel that really ''FITS'' with the vintage type stones. I will be seeing him in a little over a week.

Green!

So, have you met with Ari yet? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!! Any news for us??
2.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Ok- i know this picture is blurry... but just look at the detail on sides / edges. Cushion from front will still be in double bezel with milgrain. The sides will have one row of pave halo and then underneath there wil be leaf type design cut out and evenly spaced single diamonds around stone. Simple... but with a little added touch of "special."

do you guys agree this is best idea? If so... will be started after the holidays.

pendant sides 1.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Green, I adore that last pic! It retains the classic and simple, while reminding of the estate look. I love it!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
For an everyday necklace I think some of those designs are too much, beautiful but too much. I like your first idea (fancy bezel). I am a milgrain whore so I always vote for that and love the carved/engraved edges. Also LOVE the idea of a gold chain b/c they just disappear on your skin. It is a beautiful stone and in reality would look lovely in all of the posted designs.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love the most recent pic, Green. The pendant is going to be amazing.

But we have to wait till AFTER the holidays for the project to start, and then even longer for pics??? BUMMER!!!!!!
39.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results