shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion pendant ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, you bought that beauty? It is gorgeous! I think a simple setting since the stone is so gorgeous!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!! I would do a simple setting, east west. But, if you do east/west, you probably would be better off putting it on a bale. Post pics when it''s done!
1.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I was just toying with my desire for a gold chain...

twotonependant.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 9:37:16 PM
Author: Green with Envy
I was just toying with my desire for a gold chain...
That looks awesome!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d halo and invert it.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Invert it? do you mean turn it the other way?

i know a halo would look great... but I don''t want it to get too fancy. I want it to be an everyday wearing necklace. I was thinking if I put in bezel... maybe tiny milgrain edges and engraving on sides like this...

filigree on sides.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Turn it by 45 degrees.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I found this too.. blue cushion with inverted, but since cushion really is rectangle.. I think sticking with east-west. If it were a princess cut or square I would definitely do it with a corner pointing down.

bluespinelnecklace.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was thinking 45 degrees but what does it look tilted that way Green? Sort of off? I like east west. If you do a halo I would do a small thin one. I would want to show off the stone.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
yes- it sort of looks off when tilted. i am for sure doing east west and probably no halo. i might consider a really thin halo... but leaning towards engraved bezel.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I like the engraved bezel pic you posted. You''ll lose a bit of the spread, but I think you''ll make it up in the different styling.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Spread? Do you mean the bezel will cover the face of the stone along the edges/top?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 12:25:52 PM
Spread? Do you mean the bezel will cover the face of the stone along the edges/top?

Yes. the bezel will ever so slightly cover the edge of the diamond. (to hold it from falling out) I don''t know the exact numbers for how much it covers.

susi

Shiny_Rock
Your stone is stunning!!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Green, I TOTALLY think an East/West setting is needed to enhance the beauty of the shape. What a gorgeous stone! I like the bezel the best, but I also like a very plain chain with the stone sort of floating, like that blue stone on the far right...Not sure how that''s attached but I love the look of a floating stone! If you''re going to go with prong set, I''d just let Leon do it and get those very delicate, pointy prongs...delish!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I like the engraved bezel- but I want to float so going with basket. I called LM and he was not very thrilled to set as pendant. Of course he will do it... but he really wants me to put in ring instead. he thinks a single diamond pendant is boring... that is the artist in him! we all on PS have agreed not boring- just timeless!

I got it from GOG and they are going to try to find someone in the city who can set in delicate basket with very thin prongs. I can not wait to show finished product!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
That is great- so unique. A bit too fancy... I want this to be my everyday necklace and I think even a halo will make it too much for everyday. I read that even a small halo will add 3mm... so that means my little 6.5mm pendant will become 9.5mm.

That Pearlmans pendant would look amazing with a colored stone as well!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Changed mind again-- so many people love cushions with halo!!! Might go to LM and insist he do something like this with the smallest smallest diamond halo possible. he has so many micropave halo cushion rings that are so nice... it would be like I am wearing one on my neck! I know stone and halo in this picture look HUGE- but I like the idea of prongs and halo rather than bezel.

Any thoughts regarding if will make too fancy for everyday? I think I will still set east west.

little halo.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
too fancy for a t-shirt, but not a sweater, jacket, sundress, etc.

If you love it, wear it!!
2.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Hey green with envy,
i really like the white bezel and yellow chain idea! I really like the look of 2-tone pieces.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here ya go: Beaudry Pendant on a DBY chain. I think this one has a halo. But I would just do it with your stone suspended as the bottom drop. Would look AMAZING. Love the bai, the chain and the bezel set roundl.

Beaudry cushion drop pendant.JPG

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
nice- that must be a classic design because I found this similar one with a sapphire.

sapphire drop neckalce.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2007 1:41:08 PM
nice- that must be a classic design because I found this similar one with a sapphire.
Must be. I like the bezeled round in the beaudry a lot though. I think it adds something. And I prefer the east west. Just my opinion though. Can''t wait to see what you come up with!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
It reminds me of a handbag. Looks like the strap comes off the bail and the bag is the stone. I think it''s cute because I love my bags!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I saw something different today. i woman had a bezel set center diamond... but instead of tiny stones like DBTY on either side, along the chain... she had tiny clusters of 3 stones. She said it never ever flips with the cluster of three. It looked great! I can not find a picture example anywhere!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Green, did you set your diamond? Is Leon doing the setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results