shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion in Rose Gold Halo; my first SMTB thread!

Evielution

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I have so many pictures and no one in "real life" to appreciate the obsession!
I originally began the search for a light champagne colored diamond, not very dark brown, but very light closer to the color of real champagne or ginger ale. For weeks I waffled over a W-X light brown oval. Ultimately I let my hubby make the choice and he picked this cushion because he liked the more square shape and he didn't really like the idea of a more brown diamond like the oval. The oval actually came out more beautiful than I could have imagined! Mark Broumand made the custom setting for it and posted it on his Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMHswWCjQw9/
I saw the video clip prior to receiving my ring and I must admit I had a whole day of regret for not choosing the oval. The color is very rosy and simply beautiful!

But I finally picked up my cushion and I really do love it! It's currently set in a rose gold halo with low colored melee. I consider this a temp setting meanwhile I figure out if I love rose gold long term or maybe a different style. I'm thinking light pink melee...

This is my first cushion, I normally wear an ideal cut mrb or occasionally a very flashy little asscher.
Coming from the mrb, it was a bit of an adjustment getting to know the cushion. It doesn't have that edge-to-edge bright-in-any-light, mini headlight performance that I was used to. But now that I've gotten to see more of the cushion's personality, I love it even more! It's not the color I thought I wanted, it's much too light, almost no one in real life notices the tint. (In fact I still want a w-x light brown or maybe light yellow.) It does have beautiful fire and rainbow flashes, much much more than my round, and in some lightings the facets look... not even real! I notice so much more dispersion with my cushion though of course less brightness than the mrb. I don't want to say it is more sparkly than my round, but it is larger and the sparkles are larger, very different look.
Whereas my round is white in almost all environments, my cushion is much more influenced by its surroundings. Mostly it's an ivory color, sometimes very bright, sometimes more ginger ale, and in very bright spotlights, a dark prismatic brown. And the best part...the blue fluorescence and orangey-yellow phosphorescence!
3.70ct N very light brown si1

img_13558.jpg

img_13559.jpg

img_13560.jpg

img_13561.jpg

Evielution

Rough_Rock
No idea why some photos are sideways....

img_13562.jpg

img_13563.jpg

img_13564.jpg

img_13565.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!

You have a gorgeous ring!!! I love the stone as well as the setting. The ring looks stunning on you. Enjoy wearing it and please post a lot more pics :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!!!! Don't feel any regrets about the other ring. This looks SO perfect on your hand. Amazing pics!!!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
BREATHTAKING!!! :love: :love: :love: I love the description of a ginger ale diamond so much!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its gorgeous! Temp setting bah...make that the permanent setting!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
oh my gosh its lovely!!! i love the light champagne, it looks so special and just glows. Congratulations!!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful!! Love how it looks on you! Congrats!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring and it looks massive on you, beautiful photos too!!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How lovely! I am so excited for you about the fluorescence and phosphorescence!! Five stones in my 7-AVC band do that!

Evielution

Rough_Rock
Acinom said:
Congrats!!!

You have a gorgeous ring!!! I love the stone as well as the setting. The ring looks stunning on you. Enjoy wearing it and please post a lot more pics :appl:

Thank you! I have plenty more photos!

motownmama said:
Gorgeous ring!!!!! Don't feel any regrets about the other ring. This looks SO perfect on your hand. Amazing pics!!!
Thank you very much, this is exactly what I need to hear! I really loved the color of the oval; I had posted it in rocky talky and didn't get favorable opinions, but once I saw it set I really started second guessing as it came out the exact color I am lusting for.
I still hope to get something similar (albeit smaller) in the (far) future.

luckyblackcat said:
BREATHTAKING!!! :love: :love: :love: I love the description of a ginger ale diamond so much!!

Thank you! To be honest it rarely looks as colored as I had hoped, but I really am falling in love with the warm vanilla tones, especially with the rose gold! And it's just so darn sparkly!

tyty333 said:
I think its gorgeous! Temp setting bah...make that the permanent setting!
I really do like the setting! It was made for this stone and so it is a perfect fit, the melee size is just right and I especially like the wire struts that are curved in to allow a band to sit flush! The halo has a perfect cushion-y shape and has a very small tilt, not too much metal showing under the halo. I'm also pleased with the symmetry and how they fit 5 melee on each side of the cushion (even though two sides are obviously longer) without making it look like too much space between the melee or too cramped on the short sides. The melee is lower color so as to minimize the contrast with the center stone, though honestly I really wouldn't mind some contrast!
Its 18k white gold and I asked them to plate it in rose gold hoping to bring out more color in the diamond. I'll post some pics of the before.

dollyanjuli said:
oh my gosh its lovely!!! I love the light champagne, it looks so special and just glows. Congratulations!!
Thank you so much! I'm still amazed at the way it picks up the light. Your cushion is so beautiful as well!

poshmommy said:
It's beautiful!! Love how it looks on you! Congrats!

Thank you! :)

arkieb1 said:
Stunning ring and it looks massive on you, beautiful photos too!!!

When I first wore it I felt very self conscious because it felt huge on my hand and I felt everyone would notice the huge rock. I had actually planned to wear it rarely as a cocktail ring and just wear my "small" 2 carat for everyday. Well now it actually doesn't seem large at all to me! I could go bigger comfortably! :lol:

Tourmaline said:
How lovely! I am so excited for you about the fluorescence and phosphorescence!! Five stones in my 7-AVC band do that!
Yes it is my favorite part! I go to bed with a uv flashlight :oops: :lol:
I will try to get some pics but my iphone doesn't do too well in the dark.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just stunning in every way! :love: The rose gold is absolutely luscious! I love your nails too. Wear it in good health :wavey:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
wow! I'm not normally a rose gold fan, but wow. it really works with your stone and that setting and just glows that faint pink. stunning!

Evielution

Rough_Rock
Bonfire|1479140978|4098207 said:
Your ring is just stunning in every way! :love: The rose gold is absolutely luscious! I love your nails too. Wear it in good health :wavey:
Thank you! You're too sweet!

lorrissey said:
wow! I'm not normally a rose gold fan, but wow. it really works with your stone and that setting and just glows that faint pink. stunning!
I wasn't sure if I was a fan of rose gold either! This ring is actually 18k white gold that I asked the jeweler to "dip" in Rose. He said it will not last very long, maybe a few months, but it's a great way to try it out before I invest in a new setting.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Beautiful ring! :love: The rose gold looks lovely on you. Thank you for sharing all of the wonderful photos! :dance: Congratulations on your new ring! :clap:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is absolutely gorgeous. I love the stone, it's mesmerizing and I think the rose gold complements the diamond beautifully. Looks fabulous on your hand! :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! I love it in rose gold! :love: I also have the desire for a very light brown to set in rose gold. It's such a pretty combination!

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
It's the perfect combination! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the rose gold :love:

Evielution

Rough_Rock
Some sunny day in the shade pics, because ya know, this is what I do when the lighting is pretty! I was surprised today to see how white it looks in the sun. I couldn't capture a photo of it, but I guess that blue fluorescence really does make a difference!

img_13669.jpg

img_13670.jpg

img_13671.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results