shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut - Which one would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Hello!!
I have been a lurker for quite awhile and my special time has come to me! I am getting engaged, so this prompted me to post!
I have loads of questions, so bear with me!

I (think) I have narrowed down the choices to 3 diamonds. Could you kindly help me choose the ONE!

ONE
Shape : CUSHION

Carat Weight : 1.15

Colour : F

Clarity : SI2

Cut : Excellent

Certification : GIA

Polish : Very Good

Symmetry : Good

Measurements : 6.38x5.97x3.74

Fluorescence : None

Total Depth : 62.6 %

Table : 53 %

TWO

Carat Weight : 1.11

Colour : F

Clarity : SI2

Cut : Very Good (Estimate)

Polish : Very Good

Measurements : 6.58x6.21x3.61

Fluorescence : Faint Blue

Total Depth : 58.1 %

Table : 58 %

THREE

Carat Weight : 1.13

Colour : G

Clarity : SI1

Cut : Very Good (Estimate)

Polish : Good

Measurements : 7.10x5.96x3.70

Fluorescence : None

Total Depth : 62.1 %

Table : 62 %

Also, how do you personally feel about choosing a diamond without seeing it in person? (is it vital to see it person) I will be able to see a 40x magnification of the diamond in a photo and a video? I will have the G.I.A certificates too.
I am in Australia, Sydney (so like your NY) and the diamond is in Perth, (L.A) But I can get it sent here for a fee to look at it?

Thanks for our your help!! (if these 3 are all pretty crappy please tell and I will find others) We have to be serious! lol
Laura

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Laura!

Yes it IS vital to be able to see at least detailed pictures of a cushion, and preferably an ASET image if available. You can't judge a cushion by the numbers and crown heights etc, as there are so many variables in how they can look and perform, so photographs are really essential, or a video as you say you can get. I really wouldn't advise picking one out by the numbers, I would approach this by asking which of these are eyeclean, then once you have that info, ask how the diamonds look according to your preferences. For example, do the cushions have the chunky faceted appearance, or more of a crushed ice look. What are the length to width ratios etc. Then once you have decided which ones appeal to you there -

check eyeclean -
check type of cushion and shape -

then ask for a photo or video to narrow your selections from there.

Try this thread as it has some good photos and info - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-cushion-by-any-other-name.36001/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results