shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut Mircropave Ring by Mark Turnowski

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, that is my favorite setting!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Drool... I want a cushion

laya

Rough_Rock
Winnie....it is beautiful....Do you know the size of the shank, how many milimeters wide and deep.. and how many pointers the diamonds in the halo are? Laya

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone, just wanted to point out that Winnie hasn''t been on since 12/2/2005. She probably won''t be back to answer any questions. Definitely try to contact Mark, he''d probably have all that info and would be happy to share.

winnie

Rough_Rock
Hi all-
i just happened to log on! Just to let you know, i am a size 6 finger- MMM- did mark find you a stone yet???? ;et me know if you have any more questions!
19.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
HEY!!!!! Another MMM??? LOL...I was like what? I''m looking for a cushion?

You''ll have to be MMM#2 especially if you get a cushion
41.gif
...they''ll think we are the same person!!! :) Good luck with the cushion !!!!
3.gif

chas0211

Rough_Rock
Hello Winnie your ring is absolutely beautiful...wanted to know what band you decided on? flush or not? thx.....and if so please post pics....

winnie

Rough_Rock
hi! i went with a .86 shared prong eternity band- not flush- i don''t like things too matchy-matchy- and it was from Mark Turnowski, of course! :)

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I don''t think I had seen your ring before. So glad to see this thread revived. It is stunning.

chas0211

Rough_Rock
that sounds really pretty....do you have pics to show off??? lol

soybeans

Rough_Rock
Hi Winnie! I recently came across your ring on this website - and I must say it is BEAUTIFUL! I am also in the midst of looking for my dream ring, and I fell in love w/ the Harry Winston micropave when I went in last week. The price-tag unfortunately was a bit out of our range, and I would really love to find a good place that does a very close replica. There are certain things that I would like to change, but I''m not sure if the guy that you went to would be open to small changes. Please post some more pictures of your ring - Esp. w/ your eternity band!!!

winnie

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I didn''t know my "winnie" ring would be such a hit! Glad all you out there like it!

Soybeans- what would u like to tweak/change- i can tell u what sort of can and can''t be done- i researched all these rings all over NYC since I live here and I think Mark did a great job- I think, honestly, this style rings looks better with a stone under 2ct - . It looks not as refined with a honker stone...also love this setting with an assher or emerald cut- really nice too...let me know if i can help you in any way...i don''t have a pic with the band but it looks really nice- i honeslty love my ring and get a ton of compliments....i was getting my hair cut and this woman next to me said, "we have the same ring"- well, she had the real Harry W.- i have to say that the HW is definitely a little skinnier and it''s a bit finer but Mark made the best version!

soybeans

Rough_Rock
Thanks for being so helpful! It''s funny that you mentioned the band, b/c that was one of the things I was wondering if he could change...maybe just a little bit thinner. I''m fairly new in my research, so I''m not sure of the "Diamond Lingo" yet, so if I refer to something wrong please bare with me! I guess another thing I would like to change is make the pave a little more "edge-ier" around the center stone (not too smooth)...I guess I can''t compare too much yet, since I haven''t gone to Mr. T and seen it in person. I mean I always liked the Harry Winston, but when I went to the store and saw it in person -- I absolutely had to have it!
16.gif

I''ve attached the HW picture so you could see what I''m talking about when I mean that I would like the pave a little more "rigid". [I know I''m totally messing up these terms!]

I actually work a few blocks from his store on 5th Ave, so I guess I can swing by one of these days and check it out. It''s probably all custom made so he probably wouldn''t have one similiar displayed right?

soybeans

Rough_Rock
oops! forgot to attach the HW pic!

HW17.jpg

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2006 8:58:48 PM
Author: winnie
Hi all-
i just happened to log on! Just to let you know, i am a size 6 finger- MMM- did mark find you a stone yet???? ;et me know if you have any more questions!
19.gif
I just ADORE your ring! You have a lovely stone and setting! I have a cushion---not huge at 1.21---but I am leaning towards a halo after seeing yours...Maybe I will go up a little in the size of the center stone before I do, but nonetheless, I would like to know the size of the melee around the center stone and your mm on the band...thanks!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again winnie...

No, I havent spoken to Mark about finding a stone...
I am right now in the phase of figuring out exactly what I want and then passing the info on to my boyfriend and then he''s going to do all of the leg work! So I get to do easy part! But I have sent him (the boyfriend) tons of links and told him about how happy you were with Mark and how much I LOVE your ring!

winnie

Rough_Rock
Hi Girls-

Everything is custom that mark does - soybeans- i know what you mean about rigid- my sister in law''s ring from mark is more rigid on the band- it''s the jessica ring on his site-www.engagementringsdirect.com - it''s a round with doulbe row tiny pave- looks amazing! however the HW is WRAPPED around the stone like mine- it makes it lok better than the rigid- the stone flows into the pave better...

whoever had the 1.21 custom- would lok great in this setting or you could do the TINY double row micorpave like the jesica on the site- that would look amaizing-

ladies- if mark doesn''t have one to show you since they are custom, i can meet you at marks and show you mine- i will be away for a week plus i love mark to show me new cushions and ECs!

ojessiejaneo

Rough_Rock
Hello - I''m looking to buy a 4 carat cushion cut diamond. Below are the specs of the diamond I want to purchase (the micro-pave setting is seperate ... the jewler is asking 6k for this alone). Does anyone have an idea of what a diamond like this should cost? I''m so overwhelmed with this!

Carat: 4.02
Color: E
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 65.6%
Table: 70%
Polish: very good
Symmetry: good
Fluor: none

GIA CERTIFIED.

winnie

Rough_Rock
well, I would go to mark since he is a cushion expert and he has great pricing. 6k for the setting is insane- it should be about half that-
you may want to consider a different setting than the halo- on a 4 ct stone it could be overwhelming and clunkyl....also with a 4 ct stone if the stone is an SI2, you may be able to see the imperfections visibly- maybe you may want to bring down the size and up the quality- jsut my suggestions from looking at the cushions-let me know your thoughts.

sblcsw

Rough_Rock
Can I ask the approx. price of your beautiful ring. We live in California, but I would like the exact ring...wondering whether mark would work with us long distance.
IT''s GORGEOUS

sblcsw

Rough_Rock
Winnie,

What are the specifications of your ring? (ie. color, size etc?). thanks so much!

winnie

Rough_Rock
i am sure he can work with you- it''s an F color- 1.71

patrickbateman

Rough_Rock
sblcsw, I am in the same boat you are in...I currently live in SoCal and am looking to have Mark do a ring for me.

BTW, Great ring Winnie...absolutely gorgeous!!!!
28.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Winnie, it is such a gorgeous piece! I love it!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 6:37:36 PM
Author: patrickbateman
sblcsw, I am in the same boat you are in...I currently live in SoCal and am looking to have Mark do a ring for me.

I live in SoCal (Huntington Beach) and just finished working with Mark T. on my ring link here. I think he did an amazing job! I''m sure he would work with you if you don''t mind not having the face to face time. For awhile, I was nervous about it. But I was very specific about what I did and didn''t want and put my trust in Mark. I couldn''t be happier with the results.

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Winnie, I also have a question for you. Although I didn''t see HW ring in person, I fell in love with the look on their website and on their catalogue. Since you are one of the people around here who had it made by Mark T., I wonder, is your ring as bright as it looks on the HW website? Don''t get me wrong please, I just don''t feel very happy with the dark looks at Leon Mege''s website although his designs are beautiful. I just want the ring to sparkle on my finger instead of looking antique old. And I have no idea what causes that dark look on Leon Mege rings.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! how did I miss this..
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''ve saved the pictures, hope you don''t mind
I definetly want that kinda setting for my next ring.. (I''m dreaming right now of course.. but definetly would like a pink diamond and I bet it would look perfect in that setting.)

winnie

Rough_Rock
Hi all-
i don''t know what you mean the leon mege''s rings are dark- i am sure in person they are super sparkly like mine-
i was having my hair cut and the person next to me had the real harry winston and she said " wow, we have the same ring! " well, almost, kind of... the difference in the harry winston is that the band is thinner and and it looks to me that the pave is finer

i would have mark do the ring- it will look great- trust me...

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Winnie. Possibly Mark will handle the setting, as well.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
Winnie - did you have mark make your wedding band as well? did you go with a matching band? and do you have a picture of your complete set? I would love to see it. my cushion was already purchased from mark and is now in a temporary setting and will soon be sent back up to NY to have a final setting made! yay! but my fiance wants to have the wedding band made at the same time. any help would be great! thanks!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results