shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion cut diamond question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sensei

Rough_Rock
I am currently in the market for a cushion cut diamond and I am trying to get a sense of the kind of premium/discount one should be awarding for certain aspects such as polish, symmetry, fluorescence as well as what the ideal table, depth and girdle should be. Below are the details of a diamond that I am evaluating, any opinions/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Carat weight: 2.01 carat
Color Grade: D
Clarity Grade: VS2

Finish
Polish: Excellence
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Surface graining is not show, crown angles are greater than 40 degrees.

table: 61 %, slightly thick to extremely thick faceted girdle and no culet.
Price: $19,000

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2010 7:09:47 PM
Author:Sensei
I am currently in the market for a cushion cut diamond and I am trying to get a sense of the kind of premium/discount one should be awarding for certain aspects such as polish, symmetry, fluorescence as well as what the ideal table, depth and girdle should be. Below are the details of a diamond that I am evaluating, any opinions/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Carat weight: 2.01 carat
Color Grade: D
Clarity Grade: VS2

Finish
Polish: Excellence
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Surface graining is not show, crown angles are greater than 40 degrees.

table: 61 %, slightly thick to extremely thick faceted girdle and no culet.
Price: $19,000
Hi Sensei

I gave you some basic info to help you get started in your other thread, so it would be best to stick with that one so all your info is available in one place.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blue-nile.135333/

As to this diamond, as mentioned in the other thread, if it is from Blue Nile then we are very limited in what we can tell you as supporting images won't be available and we unfortunately can't give you any meaningful info without. You can't buy a cushion by numbers, also there are various depth, table and other proportion configurations that can work to produce a beautiful cushion - or not....All the numbers do is give you a chalk outline of the stone, there is no way to judge the beauty or the efficiency of the stone's ability to return light, the faceting types, the type of performance or sparkle the stone will offer and so on.....

Sensei

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your response. Do any of the experts have any suggestions as to what a novice like myself should be looking out for when evaluating a cushion cut diamond that will help me figure out if it is well cut or not and if it reflects light in the ideal way? I am in the market for a 2 carat, D color cushion cut diamond with no visible inclusions (mostly VS2''s) and I''ve already met and seen a couple of diamonds and really what I look for is if I can see any inclusions with the naked eye, but after that I really can''t tell if a diamond is cut amazingly well or horribly. Any thoughts/advice on how i might be able to differentiate would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results