shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sensei

Rough_Rock
I am trying to understand the parameters Blue Nile uses to determine if a cushion cut diamond is a fair, good or very good cut. I have been told by several ppl that for cushion cuts in general it is very subjective to determine this, however it seems like the price differentials between a fair, good and very good diamond can be several thousands of dollars different all else being equal, so it seems like there are some very clear differences that determine these cuts and their prices. The GIA reports however dont have a cut grade for the cushions that I have seen and being the novice that I am, I have no way of determining the difference on my own. Any advice/opinions is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is no way to judge cushion by the numbers, you will have to see at least images, ASET image of it and BN will not be able to supply it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2010 7:25:36 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
There is no way to judge cushion by the numbers, you will have to see at least images, ASET image of it and BN will not be able to supply it.
Hi Sensei and welcome!

Stonecold is right, unfortunately BN won't supply images which are necessary in order to purchase a cushion, without its really a gamble as to how well the stone is cut or if it is what you are looking for.

Here are some vendors that sell cushions and can supply supporting images if you are open to buying from other vendors.

www.goodoldgold.com

www.briangavindiamonds.com

www.engagementringsdirect.com

Also if you are new to cushions, watch this video which was created by an expert to help the new cushion buyer;

Consumers Guide to Buying a Cushion Cut Diamond.

To begin with, do you know what type of cushion you want? Initially it normally comes down to the chunky type cushion or the modern cushion which has less chunky facets. In the video, you will see examples of both if you are unsure.

I hope this helps and we can go into greater detail and assist you better once we know what you are looking for.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results