shape
carat
color
clarity

Curated ear piercing?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want a nose piercing. I've always wanted a nose piercing. I doubt I'll ever get a nose piercing.... :(sad

I want a ring, not a stud - tho I'd wear a diamond stud for special outings.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I want a nose piercing. I've always wanted a nose piercing. I doubt I'll ever get a nose piercing.... :(sad

I'm coming over and we're getting you that ring (right after we find a reputable piercing salon in your area). On my way.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm coming over and we're getting you that ring (right after we find a reputable piercing salon in your area). On my way.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DO IT! I did it when I was 15 and still wear it 20 years later, when I want. I wear a "bone stud".

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
I have enjoyed this thread so much! I'm 41, and have never even had my earlobes pierced- my dad, a doctor, wouldn't let us get mall piercings and insisted on piercing my older sister's lobes at home.... It was carnage and put me off for life. Anyway, I have chronic migraine and after lots of anecdotal evidence about daith piercings being helpful.... I finally got one done. Couldn't believe how much it hurt for the first week (it's now been 10 days) and I don't think it's doing anything at all for the migraines.... But I have now spent so much time researching piercings to learn about healing, etc, that I've fallen hard for the 'curated ear' thing and I'm seriously thinking about getting another one. I'd love a little diamond star on my tragus.... Thanks for this inspiring thread! IMG-20200727-WA0000.jpeg

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
I want a cartilage piercing so bad but am a bit scared thinking of the pain:geek: 00364AC2-8C32-4D97-9D32-D01224DF4A05.jpeg

Do it!! If would look great with your other piercings! The first few days are definitely painful but pain fades, and bling is forever!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do it!! If would look great with your other piercings! The first few days are definitely painful but pain fades, and bling is forever!

Thanks for the encouragement, It’s definitely on the cards! I guess I shouldn’t think too much about it and instead just land up at the piercing place :D

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Don't think about it, just go. That's what I did LOL. Maybe not 3 at once tho, that was pretty painful. I'll not do that again.

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
Don't think about it, just go. That's what I did LOL. Maybe not 3 at once tho, that was pretty painful. I'll not do that again.

Me too... I had pretty much not left the house for four months and then one day, without really planning it, I just hopped a train to London, went to the Maria Tash counter at Liberty, and came home with my bad-girl bling. Its the only way.

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
=)2 :kiss2: This thread is so inspirational and makes me so happy! Thank you ladies!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Me too... I had pretty much not left the house for four months and then one day, without really planning it, I just hopped a train to London, went to the Maria Tash counter at Liberty, and came home with my bad-girl bling. Its the only way.

Well we have to see some pics of that!!!

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I’ve had a pierced nose for about 25 years. I’m 45 shortly.

I didn’t know anyone with one at the time.

My father was horrified & said “the reason farmers do that to pigs is to stop them rooting around”. Charming...

Here is Aus if you “root around” you are a moll.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Do you know what “sizes” these studs are?

I like the graduation in size

No I don't, not offhand but I'll check my receipt for the "official" size!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have said it on Pricescope before, but my daughter, who now has only pierced ears (one hole per ear), went through a phase when I referred to her here on Pricescope as The Piercing Queen. She had her belly button pierced so many times that piercers were telling her they couldn't do it anymore, even though she had had it done both above and below the navel. The tongue piercing landing us the ER the same night. I believe that besides the nose piercing she gave herself at 15 (lots of blood, but it didn't take) she eventually tried having her nose pierced on both sides (not at once). I cannot recall evrything she did, but I frequented tattoo parlors the way I used to frequent ice cream parlors while she was at it. I cannot tell you how many infections and problems we had. (And it was "we".)

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I appreciate it!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Had 2 more cartilage done a couple of weeks ago. These aren't the earrings that I'll use, just temps until they heal.
These aren't causing me nearly as much pain or discomfort as the triplets did in the other ear, thankfully. 20201122_171825.jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Had 2 more cartilage done a couple of weeks ago. These aren't the earrings that I'll use, just temps until they heal.
These aren't causing me nearly as much pain or discomfort as the triplets did in the other ear, thankfully. 20201122_171825.jpg

ohhhh Begonia! I love love that little feather!!!
I'm in the process of trying to find a tiny OMC for my single cartilage
piercing haha

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
ohhhh Begonia! I love love that little feather!!!
I'm in the process of trying to find a tiny OMC for my single cartilage
piercing haha

Oh wow, that will be so pretty! Do show us when you get it!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I had my cartilage piercing done professionally at a tattoo shop 5 years ago. It wasn't painful for me to get done (only when he put in the captive bead ring) and it stopped hurting after a few days. You need to make sure that it's done professionally with a needle and to use a captive bead ring (or hoop) because the piercing swells and a stud doesn't provide enough room.
This is also speaking from experience because a decade ago, I did everything you shouldn't have done. I had my second lobe piercings done in a jewelry store with a gun and using the gun studs. I suffered almost a year because they wouldn't heal due to the studs & the holes themselves weren't straight from the gun so healing was going at a snails pace.
I plan on getting another cartilage piercing (or a few) done soon. Just make sure to go to a professional and do your research and you will be fine.
82033869_645837156158400_5221054612584267776_n.jpg

May I ask What size are your studs in front and second piercing ?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have enjoyed this thread so much! I'm 41, and have never even had my earlobes pierced- my dad, a doctor, wouldn't let us get mall piercings and insisted on piercing my older sister's lobes at home.... It was carnage and put me off for life. Anyway, I have chronic migraine and after lots of anecdotal evidence about daith piercings being helpful.... I finally got one done. Couldn't believe how much it hurt for the first week (it's now been 10 days) and I don't think it's doing anything at all for the migraines.... But I have now spent so much time researching piercings to learn about healing, etc, that I've fallen hard for the 'curated ear' thing and I'm seriously thinking about getting another one. I'd love a little diamond star on my tragus.... Thanks for this inspiring thread! IMG-20200727-WA0000.jpeg

Wondered if the migraines have changed since piercing? I was told by doctor who was into pressure points, non traditional medicines and acupuncture that multiple piercings in the ear could blow out certain pressure points and block the efficacy of massage and acupuncture treatments. Has anyone else heard this?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Well I did the other ear too. It's a triple, which I hadn't planned on, but I had one piercing done and she got the placement wrong (by over a cm!), so I did a couple more to 'fix' it. The top 2 were done a month ago :) 20210906_215558.jpg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How are your ears looking now @Begonia !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results