shape
carat
color
clarity

Culet size question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Raffi

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I''m looking at a couple asscher cut diamonds (not "Royal", just sq. emeralds), and I''m wondering what I should look for in culet size. Blue Nile has "Signature Ideal Asschers", and almost all of them list culet size as medium. The stones I''m looking at list culet size as NONE. Should asscher shaped diamonds have a medium culet? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
none culet is not a problem as long it won't be chipped during setting.

Check out tutorial: Culet

Raffi

Rough_Rock
Thank you Leonid for responding. I've read the tutorial, and I'll assume it applies to all cuts of diamonds.

Raffi

Rough_Rock
Thanks again Leonid, you've answered my question on culet size. Maybe you could help me with something else. I recently looked at two diamonds side by side. One was a .78 ct. Lucere, the other a 1.01 asscher(sq.emerald). To me they looked almost identical in size. I know that asschers appear smaller than rounds, but do they look smaller than other square cuts as well? And would a 1.22 ct., H color asscher look yellowish to the naked eye?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
An asscher that's properly cut to look like an asscher--as opposed to a sq emerald--will look smaller since it's supposed to be a much deeper cut.

I wouldn't think a properly graded H would look yellow at all. Even next to a D it should only look warmer.

Raffi

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. Sounds like you have an idea of what type of proportions an asscher type cut should have. Do you think this diamond will have a good asscher look?

1.22 ct. asscher
5.96 X 5.95 X 4.02
Table - 59%
Depth - 68.8%

I don't know the crown height, but I've read it should be at least 10%.
Does this sound good to you?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results