shape
carat
color
clarity

Cubic Zirconia Question/Advise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Toagee

Rough_Rock
I know that we all like natural diaomnds, but I am in need of a CZ for a setting.

I had a setting made for a very nice diamond that I purchased, however, the diamond and the setting just aren't working together. So my fiance is going to have the diamond set in a setting that is more simple.

I love the other setting and would like to have a princess cut CZ or perhaps a square synthetic sapphire mounted in the setting. Perhaps even a quality enhanced natural diamond. Key is to spend as little money as possible at this point. Eventually down the road, I will invest in an authentic diamond.

Where can I get top quality CZ's on-line? Anything I should be looking for? Please let me know if you have any information on this subject.

Thank Ya!

:))

bingbongbug

Rough_Rock
There are a few places you can look for good quality CZ placeholders. Some people even collect CZ's and prize them as real stones.

www.stellargem.com

www.bestdiamondsimulantsonearth.com (This site has Van Graff CZ's which might be your best choice, given that they are good quality with good customer service, and far less expensive than Asha CZ's)

www.betterthandiamond.com has what are usually considered the "best" CZ's, but they are pricy fakes.

Hope this helps. :)

Toagee

Rough_Rock
I checked out the links and I actually like the Asha Princess but WOW, so expensive!!!!

I have seen princess cut CZ's for $15 up to $350 for 1ct. Is it worth it to spend more and get an expensive CZ? Do the $15 give of as much brilliance and scintilation as the Asha? Is there anything similiar to the Asha that is cheaper?

The setting I have is Platinum/ Diamonds and Sapphires and is very nice. I'm probably going to be wearing it for a few years before I purchase a real princess cut. Setting definately wasn't cheap.

bingbongbug

Rough_Rock
The difference in CZ price is usually cut quality. It makes the difference between seeing a piece of plastic and seeing a diamond simulant. Some CZ's use different hardening materials, but for the most part it's cut quality.

It doesn't actually cost much to manufacture well-cut CZ's, but supply and demand of good sims drives the price up. Since you are planning to wear the ring with a CZ placeholder for several years, I'd recommend going with a good quality CZ, probably a Van Graff since price is an issue. Ashas are usually what the "money is no object" people get. They are very good sims and people tend to say that if money is not a problem, go with Asha, and if money is a question, go with Van Graff. I've never owned either myself, but that is what I hear others say.

Good CZ companies will let you inspect the item and return it for a full refund if not satisfied. You could order a couple of the stones you are considering, compare, and keep the one you like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results