shape
carat
color
clarity

Crying and so so Sad ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everone,

I am so very sad! I am having a hard time trying to stop crying. I stop, and then I start all over again.
39.gif

I know I shouldn''t be this way, no one is hurt, no one died, however ... my heart hurts.
39.gif

I have been without my wedding ring since last September due to an accident. My darling husband was able to save up enough money and buy a beautiful diamond for my new ering that was going to be custom made by a jeweler in the next town. The diamond (my lil'' precious) meanwhile is being well cared for by Jon @ Good Old Gold until my setting is done. Husband also bought me two beautiful anniversary type bands with 15 diamonds in it, I can actually see alot of arrows in them with my viewer, so I will just call them near hearts & arrows quailty, tcw each ring between .25 - .33 with milgrain.

I should be so happy ... right, things are coming together.

Well, I found a jeweler in a near by town who supposedly came with high regards as to be able to make me a mounting with claw prongs for my diamond, and he would also size my new diamond bands and once made I would send it to Jon @ GOG along with my two gorgeous wedding / anniversary bands, and then the threesome would be off to the appraisor and then back to me. Sounds so great, I was so excited, as it was all coming together, I was being patient, etc...!

Well, tomorrow ... the first day of spring will be our 2nd wedding anniversary. We were so looking forward to having the rings sized, and having at least those rings done and available for our anniversary dinner, where he could sappily get down on one knee and with the wedding & anniversary bands re-new his pledge of love to me, and even though that this isn''t the ring that we married with, his love would be no less etc... We were also looking forward to having had the ering finished as well by now, and shipping it off tomorrow to Jon.

Well, to make a rather long story shorter ... I went to the jeweler today to pick up my rings. After calling and leaving messeg''s for the jeweler to call me with updates on how things were going, because it was taking much longer than what he stated to me to do this job, and no replies to my calls ... I showed up in person this time this afternoon, again the Jeweler wasn''t there, and I asked to see my rings. The woman told me that she couldn''t show them to me, I demanded to to speak to a manager and explained my situation, and wanted to make sure that they still infact had my rings, and they weren''t lost or something, they finally let me view my rings, and guess what ... the jeweler hadn''t even touched them. They weren''t resized. I asked what in the world had he been doing for the last 4 weeks, and they couldn''t tell me. To know that my rings were just sitting there, when he knew that I wanted them for my anniversary, he said he could do this in a 2 week time period. It''s been 4 weeks. Also, there sat in another envelope a solitaire setting with a basic 4 prong head. Again, nothing done to it. All he needed to do to it was shave it down a bit, and shave the prongs down. At that point, I told them that since they had my rings for 4 weeks, and they hadn''t done anything to them yet, that I would just take them and find someone else who could resize them, and that they could just cancel making my ering too. On the paper that I had as a receipt it stated that I needed this ASAP, and jeweler quoted me 2 weeks to do this job, and well ... I guess I will go somewhere else.

So, I am sad. I was so looking forward to having the wedding band and matching anniversary band fit my finger for tomorrow, and I was so looking forward to being able to send off my ering setting to Jon ... and now ... I am just so depressed of all this wasted time, wasted efforts, and patiently waiting to finally have my beautiful set on my finger. All I can do is cry.

I don''t know what I am going to do now. I just want to pull the sheets over my head and cry myself to sleep.

I guess I will call up GOG tomorrow and ask if they still have any simple Ingwer settings in house, and hope that I will like it, maybe they could make it have claw prongs, I don''t know. I am just so frustrated, and with all the worrying of "will I like it, will it work, will my rings sit flush". I am just tired of it all right now.

Oh well ... I guess I better get myself together, I need to fix dinner for the family.
39.gif

W2W

Rough_Rock
Darlin, I''m sorry the jeweler turned out to be such a slouch. I''m sure that things will work out. It sounds you have a nice husband and family. Focus on that right now. The disappointment will pass and the anniversary is not any less special.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mrs. Joy
I can totally understand how you feel. I would feel very dissappointed too if that happened. That is really bad that they did not do anything to your rings in 4 weeks. I dont blame you at all for asking for them back, I would do the same.
You still can have a beautiful anniversary dinner and enjoy eachothers company and re-commit your love to eachother. Maybe you can write eachother something about your memories of your wedding day, or of getting engaged. Something along those lines, then when the rings are done, you can have your hubby repropose to you and all of that.
I hope that helps, I think its the best way to make the best of a dissappointing situation
Take care

Phil

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I am soooo sorry. That is just the pits. I would call Jon on Tuesday as they are closed on Mondays. I''m sure he can help you out with a setting. I don''t blame you for crying I would be furious. Big hugs, Lisa
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ms. Darlin Joy ... I feel for ya! That is so upsetting and you''re perfectly justified for feeling exactly as frustrated as you do! I wish vendors/jewelers all realized how important thes particular pieces of jewerly are to us - AND honor their timelines, or at least be accountable to announce delays BEFORE the due dates come up. AIIGHHH!!!

When you''re past the initial shock & upset ... start remembering how AWESOME it''ll be to have those beauties on your hand for a LONG, LONG time.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. Darlin Joy,

I''m so sorry. That has to be so upsetting!

All I can suggest is trying to put it out of your mind, and come back to it tomorrorw or even in a week. You sound so overwhelmed right now, and time can sometimes help with that.

The idea of your husband pledging his love to you with the new rings sounds so sweet. It seems so perfect to time that to correspond with your anniversary, but maybe he could find another romantic time to do it.

Try to hang in there. I''ll be thinking of you.

Blenheim

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I''d be outraged if they told me I couldn''t see my own rings. The Nerve!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Ms. Darlin Joy, I don''t even know what to say. I am so sad for you, and I know you have to be so disappointed. This kind of crap is what gives jewelers a bad name. I would rather be told 6 weeks and done in 4 weeks than 2 weeks and nothing done by four. (star trek''s scotty) It''s just so hard when you''ve been patient and not bugged someone and then it''s not done, and you think well maybe I should have called once every couple of days so they didn''t forget me, but then you get a shoddy job.
29.gif
I''m just so sorry for your sadness. I am sending good PS vibes your way, and I hope that tomorrow will help you find a solution to this. GOG should have something that would be just perfect for you.

shay

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am just so sorry this didn''t work out for you. Sometimes it means that better things are around the corner. I am sure you will eventually have a beautiful ering but I am sorry that it didn''t work out for your time frame. However, you still have the diamond and the bands and it is just a matter of finding someone else to make your ring. Thank goodness you have a husband that loves and cares so much for you. Celebrate that - the rings will come in time!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a horrible story...sorry to hear it...

i''m not sure if GOG can do any mods like claw prongs in house but maybe they have a recommendation of someone that they would work with for a custom piece to have do your modifications, i would see if that is something they can project manage for you.

it''s appalling that people treat customers so disrespectfully...not returning your calls, not doing what he promised, and knowing it''s a huge event for you. you were right to pull the project from them, and i hope that GOG can help out or recommend someone who can! good luck...you will have the rings, it just may take a little longer.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, BOO to that jeweler, Darlin Joy! I hate to hear you''re sad, your posts always seem so upbeat and happy! I got sad myself just reading your post and what you''ve been through with that ding dong jeweler! Just know that it will get better, you will find someone else to make a fabulous new set for you! Congratulations on your second anniversary--I hope you can come out from under the sheets and revel in the fact that your marriage is great with or without the diamond accoutrements, lol! I wish you the best of luck in finding a new jeweler who will pay more attention to your needs girl!
36.gif
16.gif
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 8:28:51 PM
Author: miumi
Darlin, I''m sorry the jeweler turned out to be such a slouch. I''m sure that things will work out. It sounds you have a nice husband and family. Focus on that right now. The disappointment will pass and the anniversary is not any less special.
Thanks Miumi.
emrose.gif

I do have a very nice husband and a wonderful family. I will focus on this, as they mean the most to me.
I am just so disappointed, and I am sure I will be ok tomorrow. Thank you for your reply, it helps.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ms Darlin Joy, that totally sucks. I would be so mad at the jeweler
29.gif
. What the heck? It''s just not right. I am sorry that it didn''t work out for your 2nd anniversary. Ok I am no help, but I understand your sadness. Happy Anniversary.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 8:30:23 PM
Author: pad3006
Hi Mrs. Joy
I can totally understand how you feel. I would feel very dissappointed too if that happened. That is really bad that they did not do anything to your rings in 4 weeks. I dont blame you at all for asking for them back, I would do the same.
You still can have a beautiful anniversary dinner and enjoy eachothers company and re-commit your love to eachother. Maybe you can write eachother something about your memories of your wedding day, or of getting engaged. Something along those lines, then when the rings are done, you can have your hubby repropose to you and all of that.
I hope that helps, I think its the best way to make the best of a dissappointing situation
Take care

Phil
Thanks Phil.
emrose.gif

I was just so disapointed, that I couldn''t think straight.

I was being so patient, and not trying to harass the jewelers, and everyday that went by ... well, I just kept thinking about how wonderfully romantic tomorrow was going to be. I got all hyped about it. I guess I shouldn''t have let myself get to excited about the rings and all.

Thanks for pointing out that Yes, I still can have a beautiful anniversary dinner tomorrow night. My parents are going to watch the kids tomorrow eve, and I will fix hubby a lovely dinner with wine and candles ... and it will be lovely to spend a few "quite" hours to ourselves tomorrow.

Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate it, it is helping me see the light, and help get thru this situation. Thanks to you and everyone who is helping.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 9:16:10 PM
Author: moon river
I second that! I''m sorry this happened to you on your anniversary. Just try to enjoy the day and know that soon you''ll have a spectacular new ring probably better than you ever expected it to be. Good luck!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 8:31:08 PM
Author: kaleigh
Oh no, I am soooo sorry. That is just the pits. I would call Jon on Tuesday as they are closed on Mondays. I''m sure he can help you out with a setting. I don''t blame you for crying I would be furious. Big hugs, Lisa
1.gif
Thanks Lisa.
emrose.gif

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about them not being open on Mondays
15.gif
. I will email him. I have stoped crying for now, but I know that I will start crying on the phone with him, and I don''t want to do that.

I am usually a very strong person. Everyone admits it, and I don''t deny it, so it is very odd to my family as to when I do complain about something, or if I do feel sad, or if I cry ... It''s a big red flag! They know something is really wrong.

I am usually not a very materialistic lady, I try and do usually put everyones needs before my own, and I usually am last treating myself. It doesn''t happen that often that I get to treat myself, and I am ok with that, because that is what I choose. So, to me when I found out that hubby was able to buy me a "real" diamond, I was just in shock! A happy shock, but oh my ... this was going to be something so special that we could finally afoard. And then at christmas, I have found out that he used all of his christmas money that he got and bought me the last two wedding / anniversary diamond bands that they had at Costco for $560.00. He has felt so bad that I have been without a symbol of his love ... anyway, they are beautiful, and he got a great deal. I was so looking forward to having something on my finger ... I don''t know, I guess I just got to excited, to soon.

I spent so much time trying to find a setting that would be simple, not expensive, white gold, and had claw prongs, and my two bands would sit flush against it, that when the jeweler said that he had a ring setting that was 2mm wide, a cathedral shank, all he would need to do is just shave down the shoulders a smidge so that it tapered in, and it would be so easy to shave down the prongs to make them claw like, I just fell for it. He really made me feel like I could trust him, and he did understand about the timing ... it just didn''t work out. I guess part of me is upset about the communication issue, or I should say lack of communication.

I will see if Jon know''s someone who can do a lil'' bench work. Thanks for your reply, it really does help to know that my PS friends are there, and can help pull me out from under the covers, and help me get re-directed.

Thanks ... it means alot to me!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 8:32:31 PM
Author: decodelighted
Oh Ms. Darlin Joy ... I feel for ya! That is so upsetting and you''re perfectly justified for feeling exactly as frustrated as you do! I wish vendors/jewelers all realized how important thes particular pieces of jewerly are to us - AND honor their timelines, or at least be accountable to announce delays BEFORE the due dates come up. AIIGHHH!!!

When you''re past the initial shock & upset ... start remembering how AWESOME it''ll be to have those beauties on your hand for a LONG, LONG time.
Thanks Decodelighted.
emrose.gif

Thank you for replying, it is helping me cope thru this.

I really wished that the communication part would have been there. That is what I told the manager that had authority to get my rings out of the safe, after they told me that I couldn''t have my rings. I told her that if something has happened to him (jeweler), or that there was some kind of emergency (4 wks), that it really would have been nice if maybe "the manager" could look on his desk or where ever and call all the people that have sent him something to work on, and just give them a lil'' FYI ... The jeweler had an emergency and will be away for an undetermined period of time. That way I could have started looking a couple weeks ago or whatever. She didn''t seem to get my point. I just told her that it might be nice if someone would call the other people who are waiting for things to be sized or fixed to let them know that you''all haven''t forgotten about them, and tell them what is going on to the best of your ability due to the privacey law etc, and maybe people won''t be so upset when they come in asking for their items, and they haven''t been touched.

I do wish that vendors, and jewelers understand the emotion that is all tied up in an ering, or wring or anniversary ring. I know I have alot of emotion tied up in my two lil'' rings (silly as it may be). I just wished that they just weren''t sitting there for four weeks. I feel partly, that they didn''t care about how I would feel, my needs not being met.

Ok ... blowing a big bubble right now ... and letting it go.

Thanks for trying to help, you all are wonderful here ... I appreciate everyone of you.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 8:32:46 PM
Author: Blenheim
Mrs. Darlin Joy,

I'm so sorry. That has to be so upsetting!

All I can suggest is trying to put it out of your mind, and come back to it tomorrorw or even in a week. You sound so overwhelmed right now, and time can sometimes help with that.

The idea of your husband pledging his love to you with the new rings sounds so sweet. It seems so perfect to time that to correspond with your anniversary, but maybe he could find another romantic time to do it.

Try to hang in there. I'll be thinking of you.

Blenheim
Thank you for replying Blenheim.
emrose.gif

Yes, I was truely overwhelmed to say the least this afternoon when I got back from the jeweler. Hubby and kids just looked at me strangely as I walked thru the door teary eyed and I told them that I needed a lil' of "Mommy" alone time in the bedroom.

Thats when hubby came in while I cried on the bed. He is really a sweet man. He let me cry and try to get it all out, and huging and holding me, reminded me that no matter what that "He loves me, and sorry about things not working out, and taking so long" ... and that we still will have a nice dinner tomorrow night, and how about we have my parents watch the kids and we go away to the beach for a couple days in April, and the wedding ring and anniversary ring should be done being re-sized by then, and we can have a nice sunset dinner overlooking the ocean. He just made me cry more! The big romantic schmoozer!

Anyway, It would have been so nice to have this happen on our second anniversary, I thought it was so cool to have it happen that way, but I just got too excited, too soon, and put too much enphasis on re-professing our love for eachother on our wedding anniversary and including the new wedding ring. (I know the moon is out, and maybe I have PMS?, don't know.)

Thanks for everyone thinking of me, and I will hang in there. Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Moon River.
emrose.gif

When I showed up the lady said that she couldn''t show me or give me the rings. And I told her that they are still my rings, and that I had every right to look at them. She said that she would have to call a manager to get them to do it, and I said well, you had better call them, because I want to see my rings. You have had them for over 4 weeks now, and no one has returned my calls, including you, and someone is going to get my rings out of the safe so I can make sure that you still have them and not lost them.

I was so scared at the same time as being mad ... does that make sense? My fingers were shaking!

When the rings were finally presented to me, that is when I tried to slip them on my ring finger, and no go. And I saw the ring mounting, still untouched, and that is when I put the two rings on my pinky finger and told them that I was taking my rings, as they have not done anything to them, and that they could just cancle my order, as they have not started any work on the mounting, or the loose four prong head.

I told them that I was upset that they weren''t done and was upset about the lack of communication.

I won''t be back to that jeweler, that is for sure. Thanks for replying ... it is helping me get thru this ... I appreciate it.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Nice move in getting them away from that jeweler.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 9:47:19 PM
Author: Shay37
Ms. Darlin Joy, I don''t even know what to say. I am so sad for you, and I know you have to be so disappointed. This kind of crap is what gives jewelers a bad name. I would rather be told 6 weeks and done in 4 weeks than 2 weeks and nothing done by four. (star trek''s scotty) It''s just so hard when you''ve been patient and not bugged someone and then it''s not done, and you think well maybe I should have called once every couple of days so they didn''t forget me, but then you get a shoddy job.
29.gif
I''m just so sorry for your sadness. I am sending good PS vibes your way, and I hope that tomorrow will help you find a solution to this. GOG should have something that would be just perfect for you.

shay
Hi Shay.
emrose.gif

Thank you for the reply. I too think about tell me it''s going to take 4 weeks, and if it gets done in 2 or 3, then I am a happy camper. He originally told me 1 week for the resizing of the two bands, but he wanted to keep them so that he could make sure that when he was done with the ering that the shank curved like the wrings did, and that they would all be sized appropriately etc ... Man he had me fooled! So I asked him how long he thought it would take to do the ering and the band all together, and he said 2 weeks and asked if I was ok with that. I of course said yes, I was ok with that, it still leaves room for "the unexpected, this might take a week and 3 days longer", and he knew that I wanted them by 3/20. He said ok, and then wrote in big capital letters "ASAP" on the work envelopes.

Oh well, I feel like a fool in someways. I am just glad that I got the two rings back! For awhile there in the store ... I didn''t think I was going to get them back. I was pretty scared for a minute or two.

I will find something new, It just was so frustrating trying to find something that wasn''t going to be spendy, needed to be thin, and in white gold that didn''t have ginormous prongs. I just thought I had it all taken care of and now here I am again ... starting over.

Thanks for replying, it helps to talk about it all, helps me to get oriented and going in the right direction again, even though it is frustrating. I appreciate you sending me good PS vibes ... I need them.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 1:39:02 AM
Author: Mrs Darlin Joy

Oh well, I feel like a fool in someways. I am just glad that I got the two rings back! For awhile there in the store ... I didn''t think I was going to get them back. I was pretty scared for a minute or two.

Man! I was scared for you for a little while too! I''m so glad you got your rings back unharmed. But shame on the jeweler for slacking off! I''m glad you took your rings and are going to give your business to someone else. Good luck Mrs.Darlin, and just remember all the bad things in the world can happen, but you still have your darling husband and a great marriage to celebrate
1.gif
Happy anniversary!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 9:50:46 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Oh, I am just so sorry this didn''t work out for you. Sometimes it means that better things are around the corner. I am sure you will eventually have a beautiful ering but I am sorry that it didn''t work out for your time frame. However, you still have the diamond and the bands and it is just a matter of finding someone else to make your ring. Thank goodness you have a husband that loves and cares so much for you. Celebrate that - the rings will come in time!
Hi MissGotRocks.
emrose.gif

Thank you for you reply ... I do appreciate your thoughts and trying to help me.

As fogged up about this as I was, I just couldn''t see past anything. I generally am the one who does believe that "better things must be around the next corner" ... I just couldn''t see this at the time, and thanks for reminding me that "better things will come out of this situation".

I am thankful too that my hubby loves me, and he doesn''t like it when my feelings get hurt and I am sad. He always finds a way to eventually make me smile and laugh, like tonight ... the big schmoozer! It''s times like after dinner when he comes to me and holds me in his arms and starts talking about how he loves me, and how he loves being with me everyday, and lets go to the coast for a weekend in April, and talks about the ocean breeze blowing in my hair, and sunset dinners and time for just the two of us ... alone ... for two days, this is when I am reminded that I will eventually get the rings, and most of all we still love eachother, and enjoy spending time with eachother, and are lucky to have eachother.

Thanks for cutting the fog with a knife ... I know now it was just silly of me to put to much enphasis on having the rings resized for our anniversary tomorrow. I appreciate you input and help.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 9:50:55 PM
Author: Mara
what a horrible story...sorry to hear it...

i''m not sure if GOG can do any mods like claw prongs in house but maybe they have a recommendation of someone that they would work with for a custom piece to have do your modifications, i would see if that is something they can project manage for you.

it''s appalling that people treat customers so disrespectfully...not returning your calls, not doing what he promised, and knowing it''s a huge event for you. you were right to pull the project from them, and i hope that GOG can help out or recommend someone who can! good luck...you will have the rings, it just may take a little longer.
Hi Mara.
emrose.gif

Thanks for your reply. I started to get worried when I would call and leave a message and get no calls back. Last Friday I called again, talked with a woman and explained that I had kept leaving messages about how my ring was coming along, and no response. I told her that I was getting a lil'' nervous, and had they lost my rings and that was the reason why thy weren''t calling me back, and stalling for time.

She told me that she would talk with someone on Saturday, hopefully the Jeweler and call me back later that evening. Well, no call from her either! So, today ... I thought to myself ... I am going to make a surprise visit. And I will ask to see my rings. I honestly thought at this point that something was up, and the possibility of them not having my ring was real possible.

I was very scared when she said she couldn''t let me see my rings or give them to me ... I thought oh my gosh! I am just glad that they did have my rings, and I am glad that I was able to get them back. The girl that I talked with on Friday who said she understood my concern about no one returning my phone calls, was the same woman who said she would call me on Saturday, was the same woman that I had to hagle with today to get my rings. I told her, see ... no one returns calls. You even said on Friday evening that you would call me back on Saturday, and you didn''t. She didn''t say much after that comment.

Oh well, this is just a big lesson learned for me. I should have just let Good Old Gold do my setting to begin with, it would have been finished by now, but I was scared to do a setting sight unseen. The diamond I could do ... the setting was just more scary for me, and well now ... I am just going to go that route anyway, I am such a dough-dough head sometimes. Hindsight is 20/20 right?!

Anyway, thanks for replying ... it sure does help knowing my PS friends are there to help. I appreciate everyones kindness and help.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 10:35:42 PM
Author: monarch64
Ahhh, BOO to that jeweler, Darlin Joy! I hate to hear you''re sad, your posts always seem so upbeat and happy! I got sad myself just reading your post and what you''ve been through with that ding dong jeweler! Just know that it will get better, you will find someone else to make a fabulous new set for you! Congratulations on your second anniversary--I hope you can come out from under the sheets and revel in the fact that your marriage is great with or without the diamond accoutrements, lol! I wish you the best of luck in finding a new jeweler who will pay more attention to your needs girl!
36.gif
16.gif
35.gif
Hi Monarch.
emrose.gif

I hope I didn''t make anyone sad like I was, that wasn''t very nice of me. I am sorry. I try to be upbeat, and happy ... hence my name. Everyone says that I fit my name, but sometime I feel like Mrs Darlin hide under the sheets and cry!

I don''t know exactly why I got sooo upset about the rings. Maybe because I have been without a ring on my finger since last August/September? Maybe because the moon is out? I don''t know. Usually I am not materialistic, sure I dream alot about "some day" ... but usually I am ok with a hug, or a lil'' note that hubby is thinking of me, or when a patient comes in to see him and he buys these really yummy smelling candles from her for me, or every morning hubby always kisses me goodbye on the cheek when he leaves for work very early in the am and I am still sleeping in bed. These things I love. I know that material things are essentially temporary ... they could all go away anytime ... I just got so fixated on the romantic part of "It''s our 2nd wedding anniversary and oh my gosh, he''s going to re-profess his love for me with the new wedding ring, etc..." I know I don''t have to have a ring for him to do that, we do it every day when we tell and show eachother how much we love oneanother. I just don''t know what got into me, whatever got into me ... boy it sure was a strong feeling/emotion, that is for sure!

As for finding another jeweler to pay attention to my needs, well that is pretty easy! It would be Jonathan! Ha, ha, ha ... He is the other wonderful man in my life!
23.gif
No, ... kidding aside, the man is a true gentleman to email. Held my sweaty lil'' nervous hands during the "diamond" searching and buying ... communication was awesome ... can''t say enough wonderful things about the man!

Thanks for replying ... it really is helping me get to the bottom of this ... and I just had to laugh when I re-read your post ... Ha, ha ... No More "DING DONG" jewelers for me girl!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 12:15:13 AM
Author: qtiekiki
Oh Ms Darlin Joy, that totally sucks. I would be so mad at the jeweler
29.gif
. What the heck? It''s just not right. I am sorry that it didn''t work out for your 2nd anniversary. Ok I am no help, but I understand your sadness. Happy Anniversary.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks Qtiekiki.
emrose.gif

Yeah, it sucks ... can''t believe I got taken like I did, I obviously was too nice in the beginning. I should have went down in person at the 2 week point to "personally" check in on things instead of doing things over the phone. Lessoned learned, thats for sure.

Thanks for the "Happy anniversary", I am sure we will have a very lovely night tomorrow. We still got eachother! Thanks for trying to help too ... you all are wonderful trying to help me realize that I got a lil'' side tracked about the rings, and focus back on the real important part of our marraige, and that is our love for eachother. As long as we have that ... then we are good!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 12:21:29 AM
Author: Small

I second that! I''m sorry this happened to you on your anniversary. Just try to enjoy the day and know that soon you''ll have a spectacular new ring probably better than you ever expected it to be. Good luck!
Thanks Small.
emrose.gif

Thanks to all of you wonderful PSr''s
emlove.gif
... I will enjoy the day tomorrow. I will tackle the search for a new ering setting on Tuesday or Wednesday ... I am going to blow away my frustration in a big bubble and blow it away. Tomorrow is our special day, and I am not going to let some "DING DONG" jeweler ruin it for me or my hubby. I just needed some help finding my way thru the fog ... Thanks everyone ... I appreciate you''all helping me.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 1:36:08 AM
Author: Garysax
Nice move in getting them away from that jeweler.
Hi Garysax.
emrose.gif

Thanks for replying. Looking back now, I guess it was a good move! I sure was scared though to say the least! I didn't know how I was going to get them out of that safe at first, I guess Momma bear came out to play and I wasn't going to play nice! I am just very relieved and happy that I got them, they actually look nice on my pinky! Not for long though.

Thanks for chiming in ... I appreciate it.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 1:47:15 AM
Author: sunkist

Date: 3/20/2006 1:39:02 AM
Author: Mrs Darlin Joy

Man! I was scared for you for a little while too! I''m so glad you got your rings back unharmed. But shame on the jeweler for slacking off! I''m glad you took your rings and are going to give your business to someone else. Good luck Mrs.Darlin, and just remember all the bad things in the world can happen, but you still have your darling husband and a great marriage to celebrate
1.gif
Happy anniversary!
Thanks sunkist.
emrose.gif

Yes, I do still have Mr. Darling Joy ... and we will have a lovely evening tomorrow night, thanks for the "happy anniversary" ... You all are so wonderful to have helped me thru this. I thank each and every one of you wonderfuls! A big PS hug to you all!
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs Joy
that''s a horrible story.i''m sure everything will be okay,just enjoy your anniversary.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results