shape
carat
color
clarity

Crown & Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

danny

Rough_Rock
GENERAL QUESTION:
How can you calculate the crown and pavilion with the measurements found on GIA certificates?
I wish to purchase a round diamond "on-line" and would like to be able to use the HCA.
Thanks!

Riprock

Rough_Rock
Danny,

As far as I know, you can't (but I'm no expert). In my two month search any diamond I wanted to plug into HCA I had to request the crown/pav angles from the supplier. I found almost every online place to be accomodative in supplying that info. I just wish it would be included in all search engines!
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Danny, welcome
1.gif

Unfortunately, GIA-GTL reports do not list crown and pavilion angles. If you want to use HCA you should ask about Sarin or Ogi measurement for the diamond.

Garry (aka Cut Nut) said that the firm or individual who originally submitted a diamond to GIA can request the crown and pavilion angle data from GIA (many dealers do not know this fact).

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

----------------

Garry (aka Cut Nut) said that the firm or individual who originally submitted a diamond to GIA can request the crown and pavilion angle data from GIA (many dealers do not know this fact).

----------------

True. The key concept here being "the original" person or company who submitted the diamond to the GIA for grading... Thus if the jeweler you are working with was not the original person who submitted the stone to the GIA for grading they won't be able to get it for you, the cutter or dealer who they bought it from will have to do that... And sometimes the diamonds have been traded amongst the diamond dealers like baseball cards between kids on a Saturday afternoon...

Better to get a Sarin or OGI computerized proportions analysis that you can see than take the jewelers or dealers word for it as to what the GIA results were... You can "see" the Sarin / OGI results, whatever the jeweler says is "just talk"...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results