shape
carat
color
clarity

Crown and Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 3:23:00 PM
Author: tunis
Will do, Lorelei,

What is the significance, if any, to the HCA that gives this a 1.3 but gives the following rating:

ex, ex, vg, vg

Many other AGS0 stones I''ve seen register

ex, ex, ex, vg

Is the vg for scintillation due to the crown and pav angle combinations, and does this really matter in view of everything else we know about the stone?

So many questions...

Tunis
Tunis, yes, too many. I know you''re trying to do due diligence here, but I really suggest you not go on. I know you don''t realize this, but the diamond you''re considering is the best of the best. Really.

The HCA is only to eliminate stones, not to pick them. And it can''t "see" the diamond, it''s sort of a guessing machine, but with limited info. When you have all the info GOG has given you, the HCA is moot.

Relax.
2.gif

tunis

Rough_Rock
You guys (gals) know your stuff. I''m just suffering from a case of paralysis of analysis, I guess. Thanks for setting me straight...

Tunis

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2008 3:44:32 PM
You guys (gals) know your stuff. I''m just suffering from a case of paralysis of analysis, I guess. Thanks for setting me straight...

Tunis
LOL! No worries tunis, it happens! You have a lovely rock there!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 3:47:52 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 10/27/2008 3:44:32 PM

Tunis
LOL! No worries tunis, it happens! You have a lovely rock there!
Ditto!

tunis

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone''s help I''ve put this stone on hold while I make my final considerations to purchase. Is the feather as pictured in the cert. anything to be concerned with? It looks like it might reach the girdle edge:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4829/

Thanks,

Tunis

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2008 3:42:01 PM
Thanks to everyone''s help I''ve put this stone on hold while I make my final considerations to purchase. Is the feather as pictured in the cert. anything to be concerned with? It looks like it might reach the girdle edge:

Thanks,

Tunis
VS2 feather shouldn''t be of concern Tunis, check with Jon at GOG and he can give you more info and reassurance.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 3:45:32 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 10/28/2008 3:42:01 PM

Thanks,

Tunis
VS2 feather shouldn''t be of concern Tunis, check with Jon at GOG and he can give you more info and reassurance.
I agree. Jon can tell you better than we, as he has the stone in hand. He will be quite honest with you tunis, as he doesn''t want you sending the stone right back to him. Just give him a call.
2.gif

This is such a great stone, and size!

tunis

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the strong feedback. I will contact Jon with my query...

Tunis

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results