shape
carat
color
clarity

CROWDSOURCE REQUEST: Need small beautiful old cut diamond Dormeuse or Lever-back earrings - quickly

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Please let me know if I should ask to have this post moved to another forum.

I need help quickly. My dear friend (the one I just bought a berricle necklace for) has had her jewellery stolen and just realized it. There are a lot of things swirling around in her head right now, but I can’t discuss them out of respect for her privacy. What I need is a link to a pair of small old-cut diamond dormeuse or lever-back earrings. I can only imagine that $1000 would be a reasonable budget to start. They don’t need to be big, but old cuts are her style.

Please help scrounge around if you have time. I’m looking at Etsy, Ruby lane, and so forth but if you take pity on me for a moment, I will be very grateful.

Thanks so much!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
That’s horrible. As a victim of burglary, I hate hate hate thieves. I found this darling earrings on etsy. I’ll add more as I find them.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
How shitty. I hope she’s keeping an eye out for her stuff and has documents to prove their hers! We found our stuff being sold on Offer Up but the police wouldn’t do anything because we didn’t have the serial numbers.

I finished work before noon today. I’ll look to see what I can find. But here’s what I got so far.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
To be honest, I am incensed with rage (knowing the details) but suffice to say, imagine the worst breach of trust possible, and then add Disrespect on top, and you’d have her scenario.

And she is beautiful and intelligent and funny and sexy and loyal and kind and strong and generous. Couldn’t have happened to a better class of human being. I’m furious on her behalf.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

I know you said diamond but I think it’s worth throwing out all options:

I quite like these so I’m including. I’m not sure if they can be changed to be lever back style.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry @PreRaphaelite :( What a traumatic experience any time of year but especially now :(

This pair has potential.

"
The big diamonds on 0.50 carats each dangle freely (and very cute) under the smaller 0.06 carats. (A total diamond weight on app. 1.12ct).

The big diamonds are near colorless and has great clarity. They look a little cloudy on the pictures but so will do a video, so that you can see how clear and sparkly they really are. The smaller diamonds are a wee darker and with a couple of inclusions.

They are made in 14K gold and silver and measure 16x7mm.

Condition is excellent but the butterfly locks (also solid 14k) are a new additions, since they came to me without any.

The earrings are dating to the 1920s. Price is 1589 USD."

I was about to link this pair. Pretty!

This one is pretty too.

IDK if this one is over budget but it is beautiful.

Sending you and your friend good wishes and again I am so sorry this happened. I hope they find the criminals and she gets her jewelry back.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
@PreRaphaelite , any updates from your friend? Just spotted a new pair on Grace's site, and thought of her:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't help with the earings but dear Borris has offered up an evil little paper bag of 'extra special ' goodies that can be left on a door step
Your friend just has to provide the match

Its lovelly she has you to lean on for support and help and freindship @PreRaphaelite

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your help. I’ve sent her lots of links and she is starting to make decisions. She did find a chain necklace to wear daily with an inherited pendant and that has helped. She hasn’t found exactly the right pair of earrings yet.

In the meantime, she mentioned that she would like a 3-stone ring (symbolizing departed husband, their daughter, and her) and she prefers old cut stones with bezel or gypsy setting. She has looked at sapphire and oec, and likes that look. She also liked Beverly’s carved shoulder shank, so that’s an option too. But oecs would be great. If anyone has links to share, please do! She has responded well to rings with .5ct center tapering to .3 (corresponding roughly to 5mm tapering to 3.5mm) and doesn’t need high color especially.

I remain grateful to you all for helping me help her. She is an extraordinary soul in a terrible circumstance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results