shape
carat
color
clarity

*~~~**~Crosses~**~~~*

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure whether the Orthodox Cross made by Links of London was ever mentioned in this thread. (I may go back and check when I have time.) I know that I first saw it when Sharon and I were discussing Links of London on Pricescope and I looked at some of the items they were selling at the time. They called it "the Czar & Czarina Cross", but it is really just an artistically designed Orthodox or St. Andrew's Cross.

They have not carried it for years, but I kept the image. I thought that maybe someday I would have one made if I ever had the money. I never took the plunge and bought a traditional cross. I think I felt funny wearing one just as a fashion statement and couldn't quite get comfortable wearing one as a religious symbol. The orthodox cross reflects my heritage and feels more comfortable to me.

I worked on the photo of the cross today so that I could post it in this thread, but I am not sure that it will print big enough to be seen!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

czarscross.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1363830111|3410029 said:
I am not sure whether the Orthodox Cross made by Links of London was ever mentioned in this thread. (I may go back and check when I have time.) I know that I first saw it when Sharon and I were discussing Links of London on Pricescope and I looked at some of the items they were selling at the time. They called it "the Czar & Czarina Cross", but it is really just an artistically designed Orthodox or St. Andrew's Cross.

They have not carried it for years, but I kept the image. I thought that maybe someday I would have one made if I ever had the money. I never took the plunge and bought a traditional cross. I think I felt funny wearing one just as a fashion statement and couldn't quite get comfortable wearing one as a religious symbol. The orthodox cross reflects my heritage and feels more comfortable to me.

I worked on the photo of the cross today so that I could post it in this thread, but I am not sure that it will print big enough to be seen!

Deb/AGBF

HI Deb:

I wish I had the pleasure of seeing this cross IRL--but sadly our boutique does not have every piece--it is small.

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous crosses everyone!

This is the cross we bought my daughter for her 18th birthday.

cmsliscross1.jpg

cmsliscross2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1364238250|3413060 said:

Catmom-

That is simply breathtaking! That is very much my style and I would wear it even at my age if I wore traditional crosses! Your daughter should be able to wear that all her life unless she chooses, one day, to give it to her own daughter for a special occasion!

I always love your jewelry; you have exquisite taste and a great collection. It doesn't surprise me that you chose a beautiful cross for your daughter.

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1364238640|3413066 said:

Catmom-

That is simply breathtaking! That is very much my style and I would wear it even at my age if I wore traditional crosses! Your daughter should be able to wear that all her life unless she chooses, one day, to give it to her own daughter for a special occasion!

I always love your jewelry; you have exquisite taste and a great collection. It doesn't surprise me that you chose a beautiful cross for your daughter.

Hugs,
Deb

Thank you so much Deb! I have to say that I love this cross and am always threatening to steal it. :lol:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Catmom, The cross is lovely and a perfect gift for a important birthday imo, tell her Happy Birthday for us :wavey:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock

Deb/AGBF

I like this cross Deb, very unique compared to what we see most often in the states. Does this mean you found it somewhere or are having it made?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecogirl|1364245268|3413139 said:

I like this cross Deb, very unique compared to what we see most often in the states. Does this mean you found it somewhere or are having it made?

Thank you for asking, artdecogirl.

I am not having it made right now, but I seem to have decided that I will get an Orthodox cross when I buy a cross. I may never actually take the plunge and buy one. However, if I live long enough, I suspect that I will. The only question is whether I will get a plain (or plain-ish) one in high karat gold or have a bench jeweler make an artistic one with diamonds to resemble the cross made by Links of London. I really loved their cross from the moment I first saw it.

Deb/AGBF

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1364238640|3413066 said:

Catmom-

Hugs,
Deb

HI:

Agreed! Beautiful gift!!!

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sharon and artdecogirl!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that's a cross I'd bear! Just gorgeous!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I managed to steaUmm borrow my daughter's cross for some neck shots. :lol:

cmsdaughtercross.jpg

cmsdaughtercross3.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1364997376|3419268 said:
I managed to steaUmm borrow my daughter's cross for some neck shots. :lol:

Michelle, the cross looks as if it were made for you!!! It looks even more splendid on your neck than it did when shown previously...which is saying a great deal. Wow!

Deb
:lickout:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks Deb! It really is a perfect size and that's hard to tell from the other pics.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Re: *~~~**~Crosses~**~~~*

I really wanted a cross with diamonds and never really found one I liked until now. I found this one on eBay and I just love it. The multi cross necklace I found at a boutique not too far away. I will have to take some neck shots but here is what they look like.

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1365547115.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1365547130.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1365547143.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1365547164.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very nice crosses Michelle, Belle, and Charmed One! I have seen that Cartier cross before and have considered it if I go back to collecting yellow gold!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Charmed One I love your ebay cross! Catmom did you have your DDs made? It's gorgeous can you share where you got it?
My husband got mine from a jewelry store in Jakarta, Indonesia. I don't think I would've picked it out for myself but I love it jut the same. Drat, sorry for sideways pic!

_5386.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Diamondseeker2006!

SandyCheeks, I love your cross. I must have a thing for baguettes in crosses, lol. We bought our daughter's cross at a local jewelry store. Unfortunately, they have moved to a much smaller store in a different location and no longer carry beautiful pieces like the cross. There is hope for them though, they are in the process of opening a much larger 4,000 square foot store and I really hope they get back to carrying the beautiful pieces they used to have.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Re: *~~~**~Crosses~**~~~*

Thank you DiamondSeeker and SandyCheeks. I agree with Catmom, beautiful cross SandyCheeks. I absolutely love both of your diamond crosses!

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful collection of crosses on this thread.

Thanks to AGBF for pointing me towards this thread.

Here is my cross, aka the gateway diamond that led me to Pricescope and the beginning of my diamond addiction. :cheeky:

14K white gold, 1.0 ctw, colour f/g, I1 - I2.
I don't have any neck shots yet, hopefully soon.

crs2938.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
charleston1|1373236772|3478740" said:
Wow, what a beautiful collection of crosses on this thread.

Thanks to AGBF for pointing me towards this thread.

Here is my cross, aka the gateway diamond that led me to Pricescope and the beginning of my diamond addiction. :cheeky:

14K white gold, 1.0 ctw, colour f/g, I1 - I2.
I don't have any neck shots yet, hopefully soon.

Thank you for reposting your photo here, charleston, and for joining us here. It's really nice to have a community of people interested in the same jewelry pieces. Your cross is really stunning and classic. Your calling is, "a gateway piece" makes it sound like a young person's piece of jewelry and, I assure you, it is not! I do not even own a cross yet, but I think that yours is very finely made!

Wear it in good health.

Hugs,
Deb

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought this James Avery Saint Teresa cross in 14k for my daughter's first communion this weekend. I think she's going to love it.

-9_zpsb6cb57dc.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs taylor|1397272703|3652190 said:
I just bought this James Avery Saint Teresa cross in 14k for my daughter's first communion this weekend. I think she's going to love it.

I love James Avery and have bought pieces from them both for myself and for people who are meaningful to me (my daughter's biological mother, whom I have never met, and my nieces among them). The cross is lovely and I am sure that your daughter will always treasure it. I also want to congratulate you on the wonderful occasion you are celebrating.

Hugs,
Deb

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! It's a very big deal for us. My kids don't know it, but my father (who is a minister) made arrangements with the Pastor and unbeknownst to my children will be vesting for the ceremony. It will be their grandfather that administers the rite and gives their First Communion.

I also got 2 pieces for my sons. (They are all doing it together-which we planned.)
49943aea-d8f0-4108-b7a4-0352f69bdeb5_zps7ca02f40.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs taylor|1397313364|3652341 said:
Thank you! It's a very big deal for us. My kids don't know it, but my father (who is a minister) made arrangements with the Pastor and unbeknownst to my children will be vesting for the ceremony. It will be their grandfather that administers the rite and gives their First Communion.

I also got 2 pieces for my sons. (They are all doing it together-which we planned.)

That is special, indeed!!! Thank you for telling us all the details of your family story. I would love to hear more about the ceremony after it has been celebrated! I wish all of you a blessed First Communion Day!

Deb

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Deb! It was incredibly special and they love their pieces. It was absolutely amazing to have their grandfather administer to them. They were thrilled. He had a hard time getting through it-he was quite tearful. It was touching.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs taylor|1398003796|3656563 said:
Thank you, Deb! It was incredibly special and they love their pieces. It was absolutely amazing to have their grandfather administer to them. They were thrilled. He had a hard time getting through it-he was quite tearful. It was touching.

I didn't see this for a while, mrs taylor. I am so glad that you posted about the ceremony. I just read the the Mitford series and whenever I read about Father Tim putting on his vestments I remembered your posting here. In the series (which you may know), he ministers to many people who are very special to him. Thank you for sharing your family's joy.

Hugs,
Deb

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Hello Fellow PSers. I am a die hard Diamond lover and new PSer. So glad to be on this forum as I just placed a custom Diamond cross pendant w/IDJ. The specs are: FVS-Ideal, 2.2ctw, 11 stones platium. Can't wait to see the final finished product. So far the team has been great. I trust the outcome will be same.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Fellow PSers. I am a die hard Diamond lover and new PSer. So glad to be on this forum as I just placed a custom Diamond cross pendant w/IDJ. The specs are: FVS-Ideal, 2.2ctw, 11 stones platium. Can't wait to see the final finished product. So far the team has been great. I trust the outcome will be same.

Hi, QueenFVS-

Unfortunately I did not see this until today, many months after you posted it. Sometimes threads are not active for a while and people cease to check them! If you ever see my reply, please return and post a photo of the cross you had made! I am here today because someone on Rockytalky was interested in having a cross made. Sometimes interest in a topic heats up again! I am sure your cross is beautiful.

All the best!
Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker posted a collage of her beautiful platinum cross collection in a thread on RockyTalky today. I am hoping that she will come here to post the entire collection. I believe that some of them have not, yet, been posted in this thread.

Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results