shape
carat
color
clarity

*~~~**~Crosses~**~~~*

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This cross is an exclusive of James Allen Jewelers. It is, apparently, actually two crosses: an outer frame and an inner cross. One can buy the inner cross in all diamonds (as pictured) or in rubies and diamonds or sapphires and diamonds. Unfortunately for me, I couldn''t get the video on the website to play; couldn''t get the photograph to enlarge; and couldn''t get a 3-D photo of the piece.

I liked the cross enough to e-mail James Allen about the my problems, however. I might, someday, ask if this cross can be made minus the two diamonds on the bottom of the vertical bar. Since it is made up of two pieces, I wouldn''t mind having two inner crosses, too, one all diamonds and one all rubies. ;-) Hey...it''s a daydream.

Deborah
34.gif

JamesAllenCross.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 8:07:18 PM
Author: AGBF

Is this the Roberto Coin cross to which you were referring? It is exquisite beyond words!

Deborah
34.gif
Yes, that is it, Deb! Thanks for posting a picture! It is really delicate and pretty!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 9:30:23 PM

I think that this Chris Aire diamond cross is also simple and elegant. I would like a small diamond cross that has equal length bars (the vertical and the horizontal). I have seen crosses like that in the past, but now do not know where I saw them!

Deborah
34.gif

Tiffany had a perfectly equal length one with metal edges rather than shared prong, but it was pretty pricey for a tiny piece (around $1200 in plat). I was considering it until I found the RC one which was a much better value for a tiny cross.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker, everything that you posted is exquisite and so very tasteful! (Well, the Leon Megé cross is ornate, but you have to remember that I am used to the Orthodox Church, so everything is relative ;-). ) Thank you for sharing those lovely photos!

PS-$6,380.00 is a bit pricey ;-). Although not compared to the cost of a Burmese ruby ring in which the ruby has not been heat treated and is a very fine red and a good size. As I said, everything is relative!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/8/2009 10:19:12 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Tiffany had a perfectly equal length one with metal edges rather than shared prong, but it was pretty pricey for a tiny piece (around $1200 in plat). I was considering it until I found the RC one which was a much better value for a tiny cross.

I just searched the Tiffany website and did not see any cross that had exactly equal horizontal and vertical bars although a diamond one by Paloma Picasso certainly gave the appearance of symmetry. It was quite pretty, too, although not what I was looking for. I should really post it here just for "educational" purposes! I think that since it wasn''t the style I was looking for that I temporarly lost sight of the goal, which is to post beautiful crosses here!

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the Paloma Picasso cross. I do think that she skimped on the diamonds, using a lot of metal in the bezels! I like the proportions, however.

Deborah
34.gif

PalomaPicassoCross.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 10:55:20 PM

Date:
3/8/2009 10:19:12 PM

I just searched the Tiffany website and did not see any cross that had exactly equal horizontal and vertical bars although a diamond one by Paloma Picasso certainly gave the appearance of symmetry. It was quite pretty, too, although not what I was looking for. I should really post it here just for ''educational'' purposes! I think that since it wasn''t the style I was looking for that I temporarly lost sight of the goal, which is to post beautiful crosses here!

Deborah
34.gif
I am thinking that the one I was talking about is discontinued. It was just tiny and I liked it, but it wasn''t all that special. Anyone could make it, actually.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cross pictured below is available at Ross-Simons for just under $2,000.00 . You can see it and its specs at this site. I have to say that although I usually would not trust Ross-Simons to provide fine jewelry, that this looks very pretty to me! Very delicate. The description claims that the diamonds in the cross are G-H color and VS1-VS2 clarity, but naturally it does not say who determined the color or the clarity! You can, however, zoom in to look closely at the piece.

Deborah
34.gif

RossSimonsCross.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK...I don''t like the quality of the diamonds used in this cross, but I absolutely love the resulting cross! I think that this design is simply wonderful! You can see it here.

Deborah
34.gif

YGTapBaguetteRBCross.jpg

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Eeek!!! I started the other original cross thread and I''m so excited to see this one up too!!!!!

Here is the cross that I''ve been wearing every day for the past few months - it is teeny tiny, but I do love it and I get lots of compliments, believe it or not! I wear it along with one of the dogeared "pixie" necklaces of a tiny turquoise bead, each layered on top of one another.

faithnecklacedogeared.jpg

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 9:54:15 PM

This cross is an exclusive of James Allen Jewelers. It is, apparently, actually two crosses: an outer frame and an inner cross. One can buy the inner cross in all diamonds (as pictured) or in rubies and diamonds or sapphires and diamonds. Unfortunately for me, I couldn''t get the video on the website to play; couldn''t get the photograph to enlarge; and couldn''t get a 3-D photo of the piece.

I liked the cross enough to e-mail James Allen about the my problems, however. I might, someday, ask if this cross can be made minus the two diamonds on the bottom of the vertical bar. Since it is made up of two pieces, I wouldn''t mind having two inner crosses, too, one all diamonds and one all rubies. ;-) Hey...it''s a daydream.

Deborah

34.gif

I don''t know if this is exactly the same as the James Allen one, but Stuller makes a line of those kinds of cross-within-a-cross necklaces. You won''t be able to see pricing but nearly any jeweler can get Stuller items in for you!!!
25.gif
Here is a link... http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=50831

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barbra Bixby cross

06a0_1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Celtic style cross

celticstylecross2.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 8:36:20 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I am rather liking this little sapphire/diamond cross I found on Overstock..

Oh, SDL, that is absolutely gorgeous!!!
31.gif
30.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is one topaz cross from Athena''s Treasures that I admired.

18KAndBlueTopazCross.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another one.

AthenasTreasuresCross4.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, so many pretty ones!

My hesitation with the Ann McKay piece was that I am trying to accumulate some white metal pieces and I could tell they really favor yg. And of course, it is hard to know if I''d like the piece as well in wg. So I just held off on doing it.

Where are those Athena''s Treasures ones from, Deb? They are really beautiful and unique.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/11/2009 11:44:19 PM

Where are those Athena's Treasures ones from, Deb? They are really beautiful and unique.

You really must go to the website and browse, diamondseeker! The selection is very extensive! These are just a tiny sampling of what is available. Athena's Treasures sells on eBay and has an eBay store.

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This cross from the Athena's Treasures website was "originally designed, hand crafted and signed by Grigoris Evangelatos, a former contributor to the Konstantino collection." The site features a lot of lovely Evangelatos crosses.

EvangelatosEmeraldCross.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 1:35:54 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 3/12/2009 7:49:01 AM
This cross from the Athena''s Treasures website was ''originally designed, hand crafted and signed by Grigoris Evangelatos, a former contributor to the Konstantino collection.'' The site features a lot of lovely Evangelatos crosses.
These are magnificent Deb.. thanks for the link. Wow.
Ditto! I LOVE so many things on that site!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I admire these Cathy Waterman earrings, each made out of 22K gold with a platinum and diamond cross inside. I consider it ominous, however, that one must e-mail for the price ;-). Other pieces of jewelry on the ylang site have the prices listed!!!

AGBF
34.gif

22KPlatinumAndDiamondEarrings.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 10:30:27 AM
Author: canuk-gal
shameaboutthehand.JPG
bluebag.JPG

worn for aesthetic''s!
Elegant. I sure wouldn''t say no to that.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cross%202.JPG
cross%201.JPG

I know you folks have seen my emerald cross before--but I thought I''d reporst it here since it is the topic.

It is far from elegant, a substantial piece; a gift choosen by my husband on the birth of my son. I adore it.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my T & Co. cross--I was telling my DH the other day how much I enjoy it!

cheers--Sharon

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Canuk, I love it!!! It is so unique, the emeralds are so vibrant and I love the combination of different shapes in the bezels. It truly looks regal, like it could have been worn by one of King Henry''s wives :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Michelle and GL--thank you for the kind comments. It has great sentimental value--and as I had a son, luckily I''ll keep my head!
17.gif
41.gif
37.gif

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results